Page 399 of 772 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    wait im kind of confused here. her solo did show her delve into the magnetic fields of the planet earth and pak definitely showed her do more than just weather with the solar winds feat. so we definitely did see application behind weather control in the solo.
    Ororo also defeated Clor by means of an electromagnetic pulse directed to the clone brain.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Cosmic dust because it's part of primal.matter plus manipulation of hydrogen, helium, plasma can all be added
    what would she be able to do with cosmic dust?

She channeled the power of an entire core, galaxies not only have millions of stars planets and such crammed at their cores but also super massive black holes sooo great the have the potential to generate quasars( the most energetic events in the universe).
    absolutely this feat is arguably her best feat ever performed. the amount of control required to execute such a showing i believe is grossly underestimated. imagine her channeling that power against a villain or on a planet. the results would be catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is just perfect…. as a goddess Ororo is able to manifest her will trough the raging elemental forces that govern the heavens, this is why as an omega mutant her ability to shape matter and energy takes the form of weather manipulation, usually each pantheon is governed by a sky-father/earth- mother figure, Ororo’s dominion over the elements places her at the highest levels of traditional divine hierarchies.
    As she works on exploring her powers I expect Storm to discover more exotic abilities:
    life force sensing and manipulation,
    conversion of belief into power,
    Cosmic awarness,
    Empathic bond with nature and living creatures
    Consciousness projection
    Elemental forms.

how would the consciousness projection actually work? I'm with you on the other items but pause. I gotta slow my roll lol. I guess we did see this in BP so are you saying more of thst what she did in space?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ororo also defeated Clor by means of an electromagnetic pulse directed to the clone brain.
    I thought that attack she used against clor didn't work. he was definitely grounded for a moment but he was back up and shot a bolt at storm where Sue projected a shield to protect her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

what would she be able to do with cosmic dust?

absolutely this feat is arguably her best feat ever performed. the amount of control required to execute such a showing i believe is grossly underestimated. imagine her channeling that power against a villain or on a planet. the results would be catastrophic.

how would the consciousness projection actually work? I'm with you on the other items but pause. I gotta slow my roll lol. I guess we did see this in BP so are you saying more of thst what she did in space?
    I was thinking about the way she’s able to manifest her presence in far-away places like she did against cyclops

It’s like she was actually there and able to channel her will trough the elements, maybe one day she could comunicate as well…..by shaping water perhaps like she did under hickman?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I thought that attack she used against clor didn't work. he was definitely grounded for a moment but he was back up and shot a bolt at storm where Sue projected a shield to protect her.
    Lol, really have to refresh my memory about that fight, I remember him crushing to the ground after she hit him with the em pulse, she also used an EMP to defeat a bunch of sentinels during a danger room session .

BANNED

Lol, really have to refresh my memory about that fight, I remember him crushing to the ground after she hit him with the em pulse, she also used an EMP to defeat a bunch of sentinels during a danger room session .
    Which title and issue are you referring to? I'd like to read it, thanks

Fantastic Member

IIRC She was protected by Sue before she hit him with an EMP.
    one of the things that bothered me while hudlin was writing Her is that in most fights against worthy opponents he made Storm look weak, she gained a lot of anti-feats during his BP run: nearly killed by a weak clone of Thor, her lightning useless against Doom , KO'd by Medusa when she threw T'challa at her, Kraven dodging her lightning and etc...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Which title and issue are you referring to? I'd like to read it, thanks
    Black Panther #25 (2004)

I was thinking about the way she’s able to manifest her presence in far-away places like she did against cyclops

It’s like she was actually there and able to channel her will trough the elements, maybe one day she could comunicate as well…..by shaping water perhaps like she did under hickman?
    Imagine her on the planet Arakko creating the face of an element of water, earth, air... to communicate with someone? It would be really cool to see that in the comics besides showing a long range and that the Goddess has mastery of the elements of two planets.

Attachment 111563

oh thats an excellent example I completely forgot about that one.

I see your point and agree. I love how you dissect and breakdown these showings. you add an extra layer I didn't think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Imagine her on the planet Arakko creating the face of an element of water, earth, air... to communicate with someone? It would be really cool to see that in the comics besides showing a long range and that the Goddess has mastery of the elements of two planets.

Attachment 111563
    Exactly, you really got what I meant

yes both of those happened in the former clor for up and in the latter she took all the sentinels out in the danger room session:

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

Attachment 111563
    omg yes I love this. it would take her goddess abilities to a whole new level if she not only shaped the elements but also communicated by way of them.

Actually it's the other way around, since storms power the weather extends to the very fundamental forces that govern weather including electromagnetism it means that she has omega level control over that force directly as she does with all the weather related elements. Stars are the main source of weather in the universe and they are the culmination of all four fundamental forces sooo in theory storm should be able to have omega control over stellar matter and energy we even see this semblance in the black vortex mirror when she becomes a supernova and destroys a planet.
    Thanks for enlightening me, my fear is that some Omega Mutant in the Manipulation of Electromagnetism would come and throw Storm aside, some time ago I saw an Magneto fan saying that Magneto was more powerful than Ororo for having full control over the spectrum of electromagnetism , and whatever she would do, he did better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Black Panther #25 (2004)
    The art was a bit wacky... But, all in all, it was a good read