Page 456 of 772 FirstFirst ... 356406446452453454455456457458459460466506556 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,840 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Ororo was indeed wrecking them.
    yes and it was storms powers that was strong enough to actually hurt x-legion. before storm turned the tides the xmen were not winning:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Great point. The only thing quantifiable about the galactic core is that she took enough energy to turn herself into a star. Other than that we would not have a way to measure that. The description isn't too vivid. See if it said something about using the full power of stars and planets. Or something like Sentry having the power of millions of exploding suns it would be different. Since it's stated she turned herself into a star I guess at best it's a large star to maybe solar system level feat.
    yes agreed im not sure that the magnitude of the feat can be measured. the energy output from her could be that of a supergiant which is 1500x larger than the sun.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    This was early days cluster phobia which was basically there to incapacitate.... To be honest as a writer it makes sense to have storm taken out first as she is powerful enough to make this whole situation ridiculous.
    Got'cha.

10char

I'm getting the feeling tomorrow will be another great day for storm and storm fans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm getting the feeling tomorrow will be another great day for storm and storm fans!!!
    What is she appearing in? I didn't see anything dropping tomorrow that she would appear in normally.

To clarify, I came in this thread and posted scans of an instance displaying some of Jean’s feats only because Jean was being mentioned here and it was being claimed that Jean couldn’t hold her own against Storm, which she has disproven multiple times. Furthermore, I did not come in here to put Storm down, which isn’t my style. Now, on to some responses.

Good for her.... Sooooo what should we do with this information?
    I made my intentions clear in my first post in this thread and have reiterated them above.

hi mercury. your passion and love for jean is one that is very admirable to see. your love for the character is truly fascinating. that said, Jean has had trouble withstanding storms powers before.
    And yet, she withstood them.

Once again Jean never tanked all this energy...
    Once again, Jean withstood a direct hit from Binary, as evidenced in the page that I initially posted and which has been quoted a few times already. Honestly, the art could not be any clearer. She also withstood the forces of a white hole and a blast caused by the Silver Surfer. The mathematics you are attempting to obscure these facts with are impressive, admirable even, but, in the end, do not diminish her feats. Furthermore, they are inconsequential when trying to argue whether or not Jean could withstand Storm’s assaults. If she can withstand what she withstood in space in the pages I have posted, she can withstand Storm’s weather.

Which means Jean was straining multiple times against energy not even enough to a destroy planet or even a moon...
    I don’t believe weather can obliterate a planet or moon, though I do believe the energy Jean withstood is stronger than weather.

.. were those scans meant to pin these women in a versus??? I was wondering why this suddenly felt like I was in jeans thread. Storm has already commented on Jean's power levels and Jean didn't pass.
    The scans I posted were meant to clarify how strong Jean’s telekinesis is. Also, prior to posting in here and while perusing this thread and seeing Jean’s name mentioned repeatedly, I started to feel the same. As for Storm’s comment, she says “Jean Grey’s power seems much weaker than usual – I could deal with her easily.” I interpret that statement as meaning that because Jean’s power is “much weaker than usual,” Storm “could deal with her easy.” Let’s keep it cute. Nevertheless, she was dealing with a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    But this would follow canon, right? Jean was always much weaker than Storm which is why she was given the Phoenix.
    This is conjecture.

I ignored it too but didn't think someone would seriously come into her appreciation thread to bait her fans lolol.
    You are seriously mischaracterizing why I chose to post in here.

yes it does. it supports interviews given by Claremont where it was stated phoenix was given to Jean to put her on the power levels of storm
    References, please. So as not to clog this thread, post them in the Jean thread if you can.

storm had a nanite in her brain and wasn't in full control of her powers. also the writer wrote her as if she could hurt herself with her lightning which she is immune to. its clear Taylor wsnt quite knowledgeable on ororos abilities.
    How convenient.

I think a better showing would be giant size. ororos mental defenses was able to stave off jean an omega and Emma at the same time:
    Storm had a “machine virus” in her brain and wasn’t in full control of her defenses. Based on the art, it seems that some of those “defenses” originated with said virus and were not all due to Storm’s mind. Nevertheless, Jean did break through those defenses to save Emma twice, after which they both fought against and blew away those defenses:

I think pre phoenix at least it was pretty much clear jean was the weakest xmen. didn't colossus or cyclops even state that she was the rakes xman before the Phoenix?
    It was not “pretty much clear” that Jean was the weakest X-Man. I think you’re referring to the first time she was referred as such by Claremont, in which case I can use the same defense you did regarding Taylor’s writing of Storm. To paraphrase you, It’s clear [Claremont] wasn’t quite knowledgeable of Jean’s abilities.

For those interested, please read through this thread, which includes screenshots, covering the first 137 issues of X-Men and giving an overview of Jean’s power development. It is clear that she and Iceman were the strongest members of the original team.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...79233021689865

...it was pretty widely known between the xmen she was the weakest xmen before phoenix:
    Again, please see the Twitter thread a posted a link to above. You have cited one quote Claremont wrote Scott thinking and my defense – echoing your own, mind you – as stated above stands.

yes I know Jean is your fave and nothing wrong with it but when storm fans make claims of all the crazy stuff she can do its from Canon and not because she is our favorite. I'm not sure why the Jean in space scans were brought in here or what the point was but canoincakky speaking storm has been stayed as being stronger than jean plenty of times across the years.
    I’ve already clarified why I posted those scans: Because Jean was being mentioned, by you even, before I even decided to reply. Also, the claims I make of Jean’s powers and abilities are based on canon and I have the scans to back up those claims.

These will be the last scans of Jean I post in this thread. They depict Jean sans the Phoenix Force and, per Jordan D. White, are considered canon and feats Jean is still capable of doing.

Jean blowing away a group of Silver Surfers:

More pictures: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...26075430809606

Jean slamming Gladiator:

More pictures: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...89834418929666

Jean knocking Galactus:

More pictures: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...90107378421767

And, of course, Jean recently raided the mind of an ancient symbiote god and discovered the Enigma Force, i.e., for all intents and purposes, God.

https://screenrant.com/jean-grey-kin...eatest-threat/

That's all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    To clarify, I came in this thread and posted scans of an instance displaying some of Jean’s feats only because Jean was being mentioned here and it was being claimed that Jean couldn’t hold her own against Storm, which she has disproven multiple times. Furthermore, I did not come in here to put Storm down, which isn’t my style. Now, on to some responses.

I made my intentions clear in my first post in this thread and have reiterated them above.

And yet, she withstood them.

Once again, Jean withstood a direct hit from Binary, as evidenced in the page that I initially posted and which has been quoted a few times already. Honestly, the art could not be any clearer. She also withstood the forces of a white hole and a blast caused by the Silver Surfer. The mathematics you are attempting to obscure these facts with are impressive, admirable even, but, in the end, do not diminish her feats. Furthermore, they are inconsequential when trying to argue whether or not Jean could withstand Storm’s assaults. If she can withstand what she withstood in space in the pages I have posted, she can withstand Storm’s weather.

I don’t believe weather can obliterate a planet or moon, though I do believe the energy Jean withstood is stronger than weather.

The scans I posted were meant to clarify how strong Jean’s telekinesis is. Also, prior to posting in here and while perusing this thread and seeing Jean’s name mentioned repeatedly, I started to feel the same. As for Storm’s comment, she says “Jean Grey’s power seems much weaker than usual – I could deal with her easily.” I interpret that statement as meaning that because Jean’s power is “much weaker than usual,” Storm “could deal with her easy.” Let’s keep it cute. Nevertheless, she was dealing with a robot.

This is conjecture.

You are seriously mischaracterizing why I chose to post in here.

References, please. So as not to clog this thread, post them in the Jean thread if you can.

How convenient.

Storm had a “machine virus” in her brain and wasn’t in full control of her defenses. Based on the art, it seems that some of those “defenses” originated with said virus and were not all due to Storm’s mind. Nevertheless, Jean did break through those defenses to save Emma twice, after which they both fought against and blew away those defenses:

It was not “pretty much clear” that Jean was the weakest X-Man. I think you’re referring to the first time she was referred as such by Claremont, in which case I can use the same defense you did regarding Taylor’s writing of Storm. To paraphrase you, It’s clear [Claremont] wasn’t quite knowledgeable of Jean’s abilities.

For those interested, please read through this thread, which includes screenshots, covering the first 137 issues of X-Men and giving an overview of Jean’s power development. It is clear that she and Iceman were the strongest members of the original team.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...79233021689865

Again, please see the Twitter thread a posted a link to above. You have cited one quote Claremont wrote Scott thinking and my defense – echoing your own, mind you – as stated above stands.

I’ve already clarified why I posted those scans: Because Jean was being mentioned, by you even, before I even decided to reply. Also, the claims I make of Jean’s powers and abilities are based on canon and I have the scans to back up those claims.
    Holy ****! This is an unecessary post.

all jokes aside it is admirable you love jean so she is amazing in her own way. Buy as unfortunate as it is to say jean was canonically the weakest xman up until pheonix, claremont himself stated that she was given a power level similar to storm and that her highlight would have been saving the entire universe once..... But then after he got more ideas of what to do with it end of story dark pheonix happens and it does more bad than good to jean and her reputation.
    Now onto the binary scan, erhm huh? She blocked a beam from binary...and so? I fail to see how that translates to the topic of energy as it relates to weather, also girl was not tanking the thing point blank KYL360 explained it perfectly for her to tank the full thing she would need to be massive or be at the center of the explosion both of which she wasn't.

Oh yh and we have it on record jean literally stating she is struggling against storms winds. Y'all think tk is I think it then boom it happens, nope it takes intention, will concentration to pull something off that big and in a full blown hurricane I am sorry but the concentration ain't gonna come.

The giant size panel is actually quaint she destroys a defense mechanism which was not targeted towards her in storms mind whist storm was unconscious and corrupted by nanites near the brink of death.... I guess that is impressive?
    Last edited by dirtynun; 08-03-2021 at 05:09 PM.

These will be the last scans of Jean I post in this thread. They depict Jean sans the Phoenix Force and, per Jordan D. White, are considered canon and feats Jean is still capable of doing.

That's all.
    Alright, been here before, let's stop before a MOD comes in here.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Jean blowing away a group of Silver Surfers:

More pictures: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...26075430809606

Jean slamming Gladiator:

More pictures: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...89834418929666

Jean knocking Galactus:

More pictures: https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...90107378421767

And, of course, Jean recently raided the mind of an ancient symbiote god and discovered the Enigma Force, i.e., for all intents and purposes, God.

https://screenrant.com/jean-grey-kin...eatest-threat/

That's all.
    Interesting you mentioned knull's mind here I ask you where in all of king in black storyline was it shown that knull was resistant to telepathy? Because if anything his hive mind was very easy to hack into.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Alright, been here before, let's stop before a MOD comes in here.
    This has become a dumb vs thing. A basic d!ck measuring contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    What is she appearing in? I didn't see anything dropping tomorrow that she would appear in normally.
    I'm seeing some stuff on twitter that has me excited. nothing confirmed though

This has become a dumb vs thing. A basic d!ck measuring contest.
    And while I usually enjoy those , I know how this will end.

I feel bad for replying the first time.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I'm seeing some stuff on twitter that has me excited. nothing confirmed though
    Ohhh where where!

Some of us here love both Jean and Storm. I will never understand the contest between these two characters. I can better understand the contest between Emma and Jean since they have comparable powers. Storm and Jean are both omega mutants. They are both strong and powerful characters so pitting them against each other is not good. I will say this Teen Jean is not an alternate reality character so she was 616 Jean plucked from the timeline and eventually went back. X-men Red Jean easily dispatched Storm using her telepathy. Jean is omega with telepathy so that scene was hardly controversial but I know some fans will always hate it. Ororo has beat Jean a few times in the past it was time Jean got a win on her imo.

Lastly Ororo has amazing feats - look at any respect thread but def the one on comicvine. There is no need for insecurity there. The same with Jean. She's got the psychic feats. There is no need to delve into who is more powerful. One is an amazing elemental who controls the weather the other is a powerful psychic. In the comics these women are teammates and friends... and yet the fandoms are always going after each other (from my view it is mostly one sided but I digress..)

I know I'm banging my head against the wall but really Jean dispatching Storm when she was controlled by Nova's sentinite didn't take anything away from Storm. I promise! Storm is still amazing I would think we'd be more offended by Storm's portrayal in X-men Gold where she was constantly getting knocked out.