Page 122 of 772 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222622 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I didn't say that she wasn't lacking, quite the opposite she could have have done more feats, but the tsunami one was good. But yeah when I read X-men Red and read how Storm is planning to take her own life with lightning, I laughed hard. I mean, the first thing that came to me was that she actually is immune to lightning. So, from that moment onwards I didn't expect much of the series.
    yea I think that is when I checked out the series too. I vaguely recall tim Taylor saying they figured if she could make herself immune to lightning then she should be able to essentially know how to kill herself with it. made zero sense to me but that was the rationale he made on twitter.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she can be both. her mutation and gift of godhead though both a part of her are two separate things where the latter being something that goes much deeper:

I like seeing Storm ascending to Hadari Yao. While I think Nnedi Okorafor's comic-writing is just ok, I do like the way she has portrayed Storm. In both the Shuri series and in World of Wakanda: X-men, her Storm is has been well written overall.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I like seeing Storm ascending to Hadari Yao. While I think Nnedi Okorafor's comic-writing is just ok, I do like the way she has portrayed Storm. In both the Shuri series and in World of Wakanda: X-men, her Storm is has been well written overall.
    yea I thought her writing was just ok too. I also didn't quite understand her depiction of the hadari yao versus coates'. her version almost appeared like she was possessed or something which wasn't how Coates depicted her hsdari yao form. now I would agree watching storm move super fast to block massive lightning blasts was delicious to see!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I decided to go and make a Battle between Storm and Weather Wizard in Comicvine just for the fun of it:

Ororo "Storm" Munroe vs Mark "Weather Wizard" Mardon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I decided to go and make a Battle between Storm and Weather Wizard in Comicvine just for the fun of it:

Ororo "Storm" Munroe vs Mark "Weather Wizard" Mardon.
    Comic Vine is one of worst comic sites to Storm and her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    That is why, I've put a few rules. We can do battles only with Printed Comics, without the "she should be able to do that as per her powerset, but she hasn't done it in comics yet".

Plus, we have to admit that sometimes Storm fans are ridiculous on the comic vine, putting feats and accomplishments to Storm which she didn't reach and think that she can take on everyone and everything, without the actual proof. I've seen quite the ridiculous claims in the battle threads about her, and even as her fan, I am displeased by some Storm fans who think that Storm can do everything, when she clearly has some kind of limitations or hasn't achieved that power level, yet.

So Vita confirmed in today's xmen Monday storm role in the CotA book will be that of a mentor. Definitely will not be checking that book out.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/08/x-...n-of-the-atom/
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-08-2021 at 09:26 AM.

So Vita confirmed in today's xmen Monday storm role in the CotA book will be that of a mentor. Definitely will not be checking that book out.

I mean that seemed obvious. This is a book about the kids. I know some speculated but this was never gonna be a Storm led book

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean that seemed obvious. This is a book about the kids. I know some speculated but this was never gonna be a Storm led book
    I didn't want it to be a storm led book either as the entire premise seemed very weak imo. I most certainly hope these are not the big plans they were talking about for storm.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I agree 1000% with this statement. I went by her forum the other day and its like a ghost town. quite a shame. the storm forum here used to be a lot more popping than it is now as well but at least there is some traffic.

So again always thinking about MCU Storm.
    What do you guys think about after the first three x-men movies Storm gets depowered onscreen for a movie or two, until obviously regained her abilities?

I didn't want it to be a storm led book either as the entire premise seemed very weak imo. I most certainly hope these are not the big plans they were talking about for storm.
    I doubt it otherwise they would have advertised Storm's presence more. I feel like we won't get confirmation of Storm's big plans until after the Hellfire Gala/ when she officially Marauders.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    What do you guys think about after the first three x-men movies Storm gets depowered onscreen for a movie or two, until obviously regained her abilities?
    If Claremont tried to depower Storm for as long as he ended up doing in the 80s he’d have been called every kind of -ist and -phobe on social media and forced to rectify it by editorial. I highly doubt the MCU is gonna try to recreate that phase of Storm’s character as the optics of having a black X-woman (likely the only prominent one at that) lose her omega-level mutant powers for even a brief period of time probably won’t go over well among casuals.

They don’t read comics or understand context. I’d personally love to see it and maybe we will get a few scenes with a depowered Storm but I don’t see Marvel stripping her of her powers for an entire movie, let alone two. I actually think they’re more likely to explore her divinity and mystic affinity than take her powers away.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Ooh, I hope not. I hated when it happened in the comics and really do not want to see that on-screen!

Some people even say her minimal use in previous films was Storm's depowering. No more of that, please.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope this is indeed not the big plans for Storm. I hope she appears in only one or two books and then moves on and concentrate on those big plans for her. I would really like to see what they will do with Storm.