Page 732 of 772 FirstFirst ... 232632682722728729730731732733734735736742 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    We all know Ororo would not have tan lines, for a multitude of reasons...
    Quoted for Truth!

Attachment 116227

Screencap of AIPT Monday about the Storm Costume....im thinking now there are two spotlights on two costumes could it possibly be two storms again in this timeline? Its potentially hinted back in SWORD 8 in that small panel where there are two storms battle in Arakko coz did she kill that thing or what? -- unless for goddess sake we have to deal with yet another cherry on top cover marketing...other than that Im fine if we have multiple storms in 1 panel...thoughts? and what do we have for this week?
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 12-13-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    OMGG, I love several variations of hairstyles that can be done on your hair, I would like to see more moments of afro braids.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Attachment 116227

Screencap of AIPT Monday about the Storm Costume....im thinking now there are two spotlights on two costumes could it possibly be two storms again in this timeline? Its potentially hinted back in SWORD 8 in that small panel where there are two storms battle in Arakko coz did she kill that thing or what? -- unless for goddess sake we have to deal with yet another cherry on top cover marketing...other than that Im fine if we have multiple storms in 1 panel...thoughts? and what do we have for this week?
    I don't know about it, two Storms? Which panel indicates this, what are you talking about?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Attachment 116227

thanks for sharing. seeing the costume change occurs due to some in-story reasons I'm interested but seeing this is a spin on what happened when she went pink it still seems regressive. maybe they will have her become an elemental being finally but this just seems like she gone be doing more h2h stuff. not necessarily the next steps I was hoping to see for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I don't know about it, two Storms? Which panel indicates this, what are you talking about?
    Calm down...its not like they havent done anything like that before...
    Attachment 116231

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Gillen is not a good Storm writer at all. If this is the only book she will be in at the relaunch, that would be greatly disappointing. If she isn't going to be written by Ewing, what a loss of great opportunity. His interview a few months back had a lot of promise that might now possibly go unfulfilled.
    Thank you for reminding me of this nugget, it's why I've never been a fan of his. For Gillen as a white straight male writer to state openly that the ONLY POC in his cast was incidentally the only person in his cast he struggled to understand bothered me then and especially now. I have never understood how these same writer NEVER have an issue writing Magneto infact revel in it but Storm is somehow always outside of their wheelhouse. While they have different personalities I think Storm and Magneto both carry a certain presence and weigh that should be much easily to capture for her than it has been outside of Ewing!

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    The problem is that generally writers don't find that sort of personality attractive to write which is why i find the "all perfect goddess" characterization a negative.

It's why the likes of Emma and Kwannon have become very popular with writers over the last few years.

I feel like it's an excuse why don't these same writers ever have difficulty humanizing Legion, Nate Grey, Thor, Wanda, Ironman, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Apocalypse, or Magneto.

Magneto is one I always highlight because he and Storm parallel so much for me, but while writers come up with a multitude of reasons why they don't "get" her. Has a writer in the modern era and certainly in the past ever complained about not understanding Magneto or any of the other characters I listed, Storm deserves a skilled writer. But it is more than her powerset that has kept her from being consistently developed for two decades. I don't buy, that you can't write Storm as both a Goddess but also humanize her when writers are literally doing it everyday, the issue is if they care to and for many they simply do not.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-13-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Thank you for reminding me of this nugget, it's why I've never been a fan of his. For Gillen as a white straight male writer to state openly that the ONLY POC in his cast was incidentally the only person in his cast he struggled to understand bothered me then and especially now. I have never understood how these same writer NEVER have an issue writing Magneto infact revel in it but Storm is somehow always outside of their wheelhouse. While they have different personalities I think Storm and Magneto both carry a certain presence and weigh that should be much easily to capture for her than it has been outside of Ewing!

I feel like it's an excuse why don't these same writers ever have difficulty humanizing Legion, Nate Grey, Thor, Wanda, Ironman, Hulk, Wolverine, Captain Marvel, Apocalypse, or Magneto.

Magneto is one I always highlight because he and Storm parallel so much for me, but while writers come up with a multitude of reasons why they don't "get" her. Has a writer in the modern era and certainly in the past ever complained about not understanding Magneto or any of the other characters I listed, Storm deserves a skilled writer. But it is more than her powerset that has kept her from being consistently developed for two decades. I don't buy, that you can't write Storm as both a Goddess but also humanize her when writers are literally doing it everyday, the issue is if they care to and for many they simply do not.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Calm down...its not like they havent done anything like that before...
    Attachment 116231
    Ah, I had totally forgotten about that moment, thanks for reminding me! And I think it's interesting to have two Storms, but writers can barely handle one, let alone two lolol

Does anyone know what issue is this scan? Is this from universe 616?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ah, I had totally forgotten about that moment, thanks for reminding me! And I think it's interesting to have two Storms, but writers can barely handle one, let alone two lolol

Does anyone know what issue is this scan? Is this from universe 616?

I don't believe it is but I don't know where it's from. Plus that narration is horrible! Can we not have her own powers killing her please!?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

That is from X-Men: The End. Basically Claremont's 'ending' for the team, published in mini series (18 issues) from 2004–2006. It's fair to call it an 'alternate future' in essentially 15/20 years or so, but it definitely spins out of X-Treme X-Men and other plots from that era[including Morrison stuff]. I wouldn't consider it '616' canon, though. Not Claremont's best work, but it had some interesting ideas. I didn't love his Storm loosing her bodily control from over exerting her nervous system [with her powers], but he had recently played with that idea in X-Treme when Viper cut her spinal cord in that Khan story, so I get where he was coming from. He had many of the X-Men die, and introduced many of their children. GeNeXt(2008) featured some of them, so it's kinda a sequel, even if some details are changed in between.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-14-2021 at 12:25 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Very well said. And seconded. It is a ridiculous excuse. The list of others goes on really. I think there biggest struggle isn’t trying to humanize an already highly compassionate and relatable character, but finding what her niche needs to be, abd how to build significance arlind it. The Voice of Sol & Regency of Mars has a tremendous amount of potential to truly explore Storm as a black woman who happens to be a warrior, a thief, a goddes, and X-Man, a leader, a lover, a sister (Jean, Kitty, Shuri, Betsy, Gambit), abd most juggle that with being not only the Voice of Sol but key fogure in shaping the future of mutants in multiple ways.

I don't believe it is but I don't know where it's from. Plus that narration is horrible! Can we not have her own powers killing her please!?
    Yes that was a truly disgusting read. Since when does using her powers start to destroy her nervous system. So dumb smh

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can understand a writer not "understanding" a particular character especially one he/she genuinely has/had no interest in.
    As an X-Writer and an XM-fan yes he knows her powerset and her place in the X-Men but...for a lot of readers old and new, and writers, old and new, she really isn't the central focus and main interest as she is for the few of us here and elsewhere.

We will see how Gillen has become more familiar with Storm in IXM...if she is an integral part of his story and premise.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-14-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Yes that was a truly disgusting read. Since when does using her powers start to destroy her nervous system. So dumb smh
    That reveal was established in X-Men Unlimited #1 (1993)