Page 174 of 772 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Someone pointed out that Kurt and Logan look like Ororo’s security goons. Which led to this, based on a photo of Jason Momoa and his security.

Make way for the goddess.

Attachment 107925
    THis is really good. Especially love Kurt and ororo faces. Your also like a natural with proportions. Really cool pic. Wish I had the mind for coloring but it takes soooo long for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    People here will pit rice against water and one needs the other to be cooked. Personally I just ignore it especially sinc storm/jean are my fave duo. Let them kick their rocks. Lol

I just hope they don't take it too far because I would not doubt marvel would drop jean from the MCU in a hot minute since they have Wanda. Then other peoe miss out too.
    Yeah, Jean and Storm are friends and amazing x-ladies, they shouldn't be pitted against each other. They've always shared the spotlight to me.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

JRJR's art has faded from his 80's high point, but it's cool that the X-Big 3 are holding it down in this MCU-heavy Marvel poster.

*Oh, I didn't see Piotr in the back, there.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    THis is really good. Especially love Kurt and ororo faces. Your also like a natural with proportions. Really cool pic. Wish I had the mind for coloring but it takes soooo long for me.
    Colours come easy to me. It’s a bit of a cheat, using a photo to base it on (the photo was chosen because the height ratios were all correct). We were also amused by Ororo being the most powerful of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    No. No human has cat eyes. It looks weird and if they wanted her to have cat eyes they would've kept them in all the animated series she's been in.
    I would agree with you, but I believe that she was created with cat’s eyes and was drawn that way from the beginning. This adds to her character’s mystique and made her more unique as a mutant and goddess, imho. I appreciate the fact that Alex Ross continues honoring her creator by rendering her with cat’s eyes.

Also, she’s technically not human.
    Last edited by orionblue; 03-31-2021 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Edited to correct typo.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I did not miss him/ I never been a of his artwork.

Though, I do wonder if these are the characters Marvel is about to push in stories...yeah Spectrum/
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-31-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm good either way. I do appreciate how his style has developed from when I first saw his work on UXM to now. It's certainly not as "natural and organic" as Larraz's art (which I prefer) but his graphic lines are distinctly Romita Jr.
    And for me, it's usually the inker that makes or breaks his work. I've always thought Al Williamson's fluid pen complimented his style better than Klaus Janson's.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    I would agree with you, but I believe that she was created with catÂ’s eyes and was drawn that way from the beginning. This adds to her characterÂ’s mystique and made her more unique as a mutant and goddess, imho. I appreciate the fact that Alex Ross continues honoring her creator by rendering her with catÂ’s eyes.

Also, sheÂ’s technically not human.
    I agree with the cat eyes. They are apart of her, changing that design for me is like saying she can't see in almost complete darkness. People don't really recognize or remember it but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm good either way. I do appreciate how his style has developed from when I first saw his work on UXM to now. It's certainly not as "natural and organic" as Larraz's art (which I prefer) but his graphic lines are distinctly Romita Jr.
    And for me, it's usually the inker that makes or breaks his work. I've always thought Al Williamson's fluid pen complimented his style better than Klaus Janson's.
    They need to pair him with Tim Townsend stat. Tim Townsend makes people art shine especially chris Bachalo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm quite okies without the elongated pupils as they've not been shown or referenced in ages. (In my head-canon they're normally round but constrict and elongate only when she has to see in the dark).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Thank you phoenix. It happens and I can't say I'm surprised by it. The xmen are known for their powerful women. I dont have issues with other fans' favorite characters until misinformation is used to denigrate the All-Goddess. However, thank you for always being polite and a friend beloved!!
    I'm sorry but this is why I always side eye people who are fans of non black characters who don't like Storm. I always have a nagging suspicion...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I'm quite okies without the elongated pupils as they've not been shown or referenced in ages. (In my head-canon they're normally round but constrict and elongate only when she has to see in the dark).
    I’m more enamoured with her eyes reflecting the colour of the sky than the slit pupils. I only like blank eyes when she’s using lots of power.

Attachment 107940

Thank you phoenix. It happens and I can't say I'm surprised by it. The xmen are known for their powerful women. I dont have issues with other fans' favorite characters until misinformation is used to denigrate the All-Goddess. However, thank you for always being polite and a friend beloved!!
    That is just outrageous and extremely rude. Completely untrue, Storm has earned her first place due to her feats, accomplishments and her solid appearance for the past 50 years. Whoever wrote that shamed themselves before everyone else. And has proven that his fanboyism over his favourite character, blinds him, to the facts.

As far as that top 10 list. I would be like butterflykyss most likely from one to ten, Storm and only Storm, but I do recognise the other X-women and I do agree with their official ranking. I think they are spot on, except for the small detail that they said that she was "revered as a god" like she is not anymore, but she still is. Other than that, everything in the video is perfect and spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    They probably have! That won't stop them.

I love Jean but I came to the XMEN in the 90s when Storm was even bigger than Wonder Woman. Only the FOX deal took her shine away and now we have Captain Marvel as the main Marvel woman, lol.
    Not anymore, if we are to judge by the latest video from Marvel Entertainment. They placed Storm at the top and Captain Marvel, for me, is completely at the back in the shadows. She is probably one of the most boring characters to me. I like her powers, don't get me wrong, but her personality, ugh... just no.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Do you guys think Ororo should have cat eyes or no?
    I am against the cat eyes. Personally, I find that future strange. I don't mind seeing her eyes going white and before her entire pupil is covered to switch into cat slit, and then disappear under the white and maybe glow underneath it but that is as far as I would accept it. I honestly find it strange and I prefer her to have the choice to change her eyes on a whim when she needs it, not all the time.

Yep, exactly that. I would imagine exactly the above. Her eyes turning into cat slit when she needs to see in the dark, or for example, as I explained above, her eyes go white and the slit appears before it disappears under the white only to glow faintly underneath it, or something along those lines with clear contours showing that it is there.

For now, all I am waiting for are two things, for Storm body to evolve from a mutant/human type of body to a divine one so those stats can go up to maximum and for her to be able to withstand much harder and powerful strikes, like for example from Thor or the other gods. Once this happens I will be the happiest Storm fan in the entire world most likely, right next to butterflykyss.

And the second thing which I cannot wait for is for her relationship with T'Challa to fix up and allow them to be in something like an open relationship, where they do not rely on each other that much but still love each other greatly and get the time to get love-Dovey in bed or something among those lines. Pretty much, what she is right now with T'Challa. In my eyes, that man belongs to her for eternity just like he belongs into her heart for eternity.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-31-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Funny thing is...A cat's pupils dilate in the dark so they can receive more light and see better. So technically, (as the elongated pupils were a carry over from her original feline-matamorphic design) her pupils should be constricted during the day and dilated at night.

Attachment 107966

I always think of this image when I think of him.