Page 467 of 772 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I think it just depends? In Worlds Apart she said he couldn't get to her because of the static in her mind but he might be able to break through given time.
    yes and let's not forget Jean with phoenix couldn't probe too deeply either because of the static around her brain:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes and let's not forget Jean with phoenix couldn't probe too deeply either because of the static around her brain:

Jean Grey braiding Ororo's hair from halfway around the planet was most impressive.

That was Jean being gentle. Like with Carol Danvers, she didn’t want to “fry her synapses.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Not necessarily for stealth missions in these cases, but there was a period where Ororo would de-emphasize her exotic appearance during public outings by wearing various head coverings.

Again returning from a night out on the town...
    Was just about to post some of these but you beat me to it .

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I think it just depends? In Worlds Apart she said he couldn't get to her because of the static in her mind but he might be able to break through given time.

I thought she was just extremely hard to put under control, you'd have to be nigh powerful To do so, which should tell you the level of threat she's up against, if somehow manage to get her under , she won't stay under to long due to her will power.

In the Age of the X-Men (I don't remember if it's canonical or not) Nate felt a storm from Ororo was psychically affected..

This is interesting. Emma Frost used her telepathy to swap bodies with Storm. However, Emma wasn’t skilled at weather manipulation and lost control, giving Storm the chance to use Emma’s powers to swap bodies again.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-storm-emma...body-exchange/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is interesting. Emma Frost used her telepathy to swap bodies with Storm. However, Emma wasn’t skilled at weather manipulation and lost control, giving Storm the chance to use Emma’s powers to swap bodies again.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-storm-emma...body-exchange/
    A complete one is that at this point Ororo was able to adapt easily to Emma's telepathic powers, 'practically Ororo's powers are almost a form of telepathy, much more complex.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    That was Jean being gentle. Like with Carol Danvers, she didn’t want to “fry her synapses.”
    To be frank though jean is an omega telepath the xmen as a whole the telepaths especially know it's a bad idea to mess with storms mind Emma tried it and found out, xavier with cerebro struggles to get a hold on her and she was permitting him. Her omega abilities and her indomitable will are what protect her mind. Yes it has been ignored in the past by certain writers but fact of the matter and lore established is that storm is basically a telepaths worst nightmare in battle especially when she is angry.

I have a doubt the Invisible Woman's Forcefields can block psychic powers like TK and TP, but could she block Storm's powers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    In the Age of the X-Men (I don't remember if it's canonical or not) Nate felt a storm from Ororo was psychically affected..

Didn't storm state that when she uses her power her mind merges with a bigger consciousness
    ... Storm is an empath like Jean but whilst jean is for the mind storm is for the environment the entire planet a level of connection that even jean with the pheonix force was in awe off. The only reason Nate detected her was because of the huge amount of electromagnetic energy in the storm she was using to shield them from him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I have a doubt the Invisible Woman's Forcefields can block psychic powers like TK and TP, but could she block Storm's powers?
    Invisible woman can block to and tk with her abilities.... And as storms powers are psionic I assume she can block hers too.... But storm also has mystical control over the elements so that can affect her shields.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    To be frank though jean is an omega telepath the xmen as a whole the telepaths especially know it's a bad idea to mess with storms mind Emma tried it and found out, xavier with cerebro struggles to get a hold on her and she was permitting him. Her omega abilities and her indomitable will are what protect her mind. Yes it has been ignored in the past by certain writers but fact of the matter and lore established is that storm is basically a telepaths worst nightmare in battle especially when she is angry.
    The only thing that tripped Emma up though was that she couldn’t control the weather she was “manipulating.” Storm had to ask Emma to let her into her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    She is a telepaths worst nightmare point blank period. In Giant size she was unconscious not in control dying and also recognized jean as her friend. But best believe if she was under the impression she was under attack both jean and Emma are getting fried out.
    And again, you underestimate Jean. Jean did what she had to to knock Storm out in X-Men: Red, and she was still being gentle. Jean very rarely cuts loose with her telepathy because she doesn’t just penetrate people’s minds, she fries them.

Edit: I’m not getting into this debate, though, lol. Emma has literally been able to take Storm’s psyche out of her body and she isn’t as strong a telepath as Jean. The panels and pages are there.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-07-2021 at 04:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of simple forgetfulness.

It's not possible for either to achieve Absolute zero...

Scientific American | Absolute zero

Hydrokinesis

Robert Drake | Powers and Abilities
    Well absolute zero is a theoretical freeze limit in science bobby is an omega with the ability to freeze I wouldn't put it out of the ream of possibility. Sane for storm as she has both positive and negative temperature manipulation as part of her omega power.

I didn't say he wasn't hydrokinetic I said he is not an omega in that arena his omega ability is negative temperature manipulation his use of moisture is as a medium to freeze but he can freeze things without moisture like light and nuclear reactions. Also his hydrokinesis is molecular at their peak storm has direct control the very atoms that makes up the molecule of water that's a whole different level of power.