Page 591 of 772 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641691 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    No downplaying of any actions or words...I used the KKK as an example of a deeply racist organisation, because such an accusation against the X-Office and thereby Marvel, isn't "minor". Calling out racism on any level is certainly not an overdramatic action. I'm taking the Poster at his word and asking a question...

It wasn't implied that only certain persons in the company or the X-Office are racists (though, I'm sure there are such).
    "The X-offices have always been and continue to be deeply racist"...that is a statement of professed fact. So my straightforward question here is if that is what's generally and genuinely believed, (because Storm isn't front and centre or there are no Asian Omegas or whatever minority is not pushed) given how strongly pro-equality a lot of us are why would/should we still continue to be giving our money to this company?

Instead of deflecting how about just answering the question? Or not...?
    Somewhat off-topic but also relating to your post...

What I find curious is how a poster can be so aghast at a scene in which Ororo is depicted as a slave but takes no issue with the writer (i.e., Chris Claremont) who not only dreamt up the scene but, several issues later, also depicted her being subjected to an abhorrent violation in which her body was used without her consent in a sexually suggestive manner.

Actually, I don't find it curious at all. I find it totally indicative of this poster's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I've never said nor implied that I am "Storm's best fan." What a ludicrous thing to claim I am suggesting or to for anyone to even consider saying about oneself, lol. However, she is one of my favorite characters, and I have both praised and defended her on these boards, contrary to the claims of some. It truly is a shame that I cannot participate in this thread as often as I would like due to this compulsive and rather obsessive need of a very few to drag my favorite character through the mud with claims based on biases, contortions, and one-sided vendettas.

EDIT: Also, I was somewhat shocked and saddened by the fact that a few people on Twitter seem to know about a particular poster on here who is prone to not only bashing Jean and her fans but also other characters and their fans. They find said poster "strange." Unfortunately, I cannot say that I disagree...

"Storm fans like myself can't even discuss one of our favorite." Say what's the difference between a fan like you and everyone else here? Do you like Storm? Good, but put her in second place, lol at least you didn't even know she was planetary, you don't seek to know about her, frankly it all started because peoples didn't have the same opinion that Jean is the "most powerful Omega", and you you don't have to prove me anything love.

Butter thinks this and that about Jean, and that's okay, some here disagree, but there's nothing to do, come here to generate another discussion, until one of the two sides settles down, it's not going to lead to anything. And I'm sure Jean fans, you know what she is. I've heard a lot **** that talked about the Storm (Not only here, but everywhere about comics), and I had to keep silent, not to generate an argument that ends up going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    "Storm fans like myself can't even discuss one of our favorite." Say what's the difference between a fan like you and everyone else here? Do you like Storm? Good, but put her in second place, lol
    I am not going to draw out this discussion, but I do want to note this: I have repeatedly opined that Jean and Ororo "are equal," specifically because they have both been depicted defeating one another. This claim that I "put her in second place" is both baseless and immature. Furthermore, I do not feel the need to continuously resort to insulting other characters and their fans just to uplift my favorite character. That is not my style.

Admittedly, weeks/months ago, after a particularly tense exchange in this thread, I did reduce myself to baiting one or two posters into moving the discussion over to the Jean thread by posting that Jean could crush the mind of the "weather witch," and for that, I am regretful. I should not have let someone else's neurosis get to me to such a degree. However, immediately after doing so, I admitted my intent, but my post was later twisted to suggest I "hate" Ororo.

...at least you didn't even know she was planetary, you don't seek to know about her, frankly it all started because peoples didn't have the same opinion that Jean is the "most powerful Omega", and you you don't have to prove me anything love.
    Another baseless claim. Please do not presume to tell me what I know and do not know about one of my favorite characters, in this case, Ororo. Frankly, it all started because I responded to other claims about Jean that contradict canon made by the same poster claiming ad nauseam that Jean is a racist; a claim, mind you, that not only contradicts the character's history and the text upon which it is based but also places her fans in a seemingly untenable position in which it is suggested that they are okay with racism or, worse yet, are racist themselves.

Butter thinks this and that about Jean, and that's okay, some here disagree, but there's nothing to do, come here to generate another discussion, until one of the two sides settles down, it's not going to lead to anything. And I'm sure Jean fans, you know what she is. I've heard a lot **** that talked about the Storm (Not only here, but everywhere about comics), and I had to keep silent, not to generate an argument that ends up going nowhere.
    Oh, I know how they think and operate, which is precisely why I A) avoid this thread and B) politely asked them to refrain from addressing me again. As for you, I have never really had any problems with you, so I am not sure why you felt the need to bring my name up in this thread and claim that I was suggesting I am "Storm's best fan." It's both immature and untrue. Please stop.
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-18-2021 at 09:42 AM.

If Marvel is as deeply and pervasively racist as some are claiming it to be (with others agreeing) then we really should be boycotting the company as a whole.
    Supporting Marvel at this point would be tantamount to every reader of colour giving their bank account number to the KKK.
    So nothing short of the KKK can be considered racist as far as you're concerned? Ok got it. What a stupid thing to say
    Last edited by Baby_Hater666; 09-18-2021 at 09:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    So nothing short of the KKK can be considered racist as far as your concerned? Ok got it. What a stupid thing to say
    Hmmmm somehow it suddenly makes sense.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    So nothing short of the KKK can be considered racist as far as you're concerned? Ok got it. What a stupid thing to say
    Not even remotely close to what I said or even the point of my post but by all means continue to deflect.

I note that the actual question I asked still isn't answered.
    If it's genuinely believed the X-Office to be racist (as per your own admission) why do some of you still continue to buy and support their books?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-18-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Not even remotely close to what I said or even the point of my post but by all means continue to deflect.

If it's genuinely believed the X-Office to be racist (as per your own admission) why do some of you still continue to buy and support their books?
    Obviously fans of color who notice all the racist trends don't buy as many or any comics. What has the x offices given fans of color to invest in? Your argument is idiotic.

I am not going to draw out this discussion, but I do want to note this: I have repeatedly opined that Jean and Ororo "are equal," specifically because they have both been depicted defeating one another. This claim that I "put her in second place" is both baseless and immature. Furthermore, I do not feel the need to continuously resort to insulting other characters and their fans just to uplift my favorite character. That is not my style.

Admittedly, weeks/months ago, after a particularly tense exchange in this thread, I did reduce myself to baiting one or two posters into moving the discussion over to the Jean thread by posting that Jean could crush the mind of the "weather witch," and for that, I am regretful. I should not have let someone else's neurosis get to me to such a degree. However, immediately after doing so, I admitted my intent, but my post was later twisted to suggest I "hate" Ororo.
    Ororo's powers have always been reduced compared to Jean, which ends up being very annoying, and giving the impression that she is weak compared to Jean. (That's if you're not looking to know the true powers of Ororo)

And frankly, I respect your opinion, but I don't see two as equal, Storm is a Goddess, she can and should have done above the planetarium, but as usual writers are too lazy to write it.

Another baseless claim. Please do not presume to tell me what I know and do not know about one of my favorite characters, in this case, Ororo. Frankly, it all started because I responded to other claims about Jean that contradict canon made by the same poster claiming ad nauseam that Jean is a racist; a claim, mind you, that not only contradicts the character's history and the text upon which it is based but also places her fans in a seemingly untenable position in which it is suggested that they are okay with racism or, worse yet, are racist themselves.
    I'm talking about the first day I saw you here on this forum, when you came to defend Jean, but then this was all just an act so make a difference about the ability of the Storm's powers. power on a planetary level, something like that), then tried to set a trap, at what cost? Ororo already has many trolls in its fambase, who claim to be a fan but end up making fun of her, some even think she shouldn't be omega, Goddess (By the way, I'm not talking about anyone here, it's an experience I had) I'm from one place that always has to prove Storm's skills.

Oh, I know how they think and operate, which is precisely why I A) avoid this thread and B) politely asked them to refrain from addressing me again. As for you, I have never really had any problems with you, so I am not sure why you felt the need to bring my name up in this thread and claim that I was suggesting I am "Storm's best fan." It's both immature and untrue. Please stop.
    Well, I already answered about that, maybe I made a bad impression of you, from the first day I saw you in this forum, because I also saw some of your very hypocritical attitudes, I mentioned your name, because I'm not one to send hints, and to you know that I'm talking about you.. Eita

I don't buy any books, but how do you think we should make the Storm, not just her, but other black characters, be recognized, and do these things, stomp their feet to say they're being pushed aside and all that?

Ororo's powers have always been reduced compared to Jean, which ends up being very annoying, and giving the impression that she is weak compared to Jean. (That's if you're not looking to know the true powers of Ororo)

And frankly, I respect your opinion, but I don't see two as equal, Storm is a Goddess, she can and should have done above the planetarium, but as usual writers are too lazy to write it.
    Now I understand your bias and that of a few others. In either case, the fact of the matter is, Jean has defeated Ororo before and vice versa. You may not like that they have been depicted as equal - I certainly don't have that problem - but that is truly neither here nor there. Ororo has strengths and capabilities Jean doesn't, and Jean has strengths and capabilities Ororo doesn't. It's quite clear and simple.

I'm talking about the first day I saw you here on this forum, when you came to defend Jean, but then this was all just an act so make a difference about the ability of the Storm's powers. power on a planetary level, something like that), then tried to set a trap, at what cost? Ororo already has many trolls in its fambase, who claim to be a fan but end up making fun of her, some even think she shouldn't be omega, Goddess (By the way, I'm not talking about anyone here, it's an experience I had) I'm from one place that always has to prove Storm's skills.

Well, I already answered about that, maybe I made a bad impression of you, from the first day I saw you in this forum, because I also saw some of your very hypocritical attitudes, I mentioned your name, because I'm not one to send hints, and to you know that I'm talking about you.. Eita
    Some of what you've written above I truly do not understand and the rest just seems like you resorting to strawman tactics and ad hominem attacks to deflect from the part you've played in the ongoing discord. We're done here.

On the one hand, you're right, for what little I know about Emma, ​​I know she's already gone through a phase of redemption, but I find it very annoying that the two of them never talked about it, as well as Jean...

Changing the subject a bit, Sword #11 cover, I'm really excited to see the Storm kick some alien asses (I'm ignoring Cable in the center of this cover)

At least she is back with her old costume. THANK GOD! I can't stand the new one...

And another day, another argument. I do blame this one on butterflyks and Mercury once more. Why would you even raise the fact that Jean is racist... from decades ago like seriously... don't you guys have anything else to do but to badmouth a character. And Mercury once more coming into a Storm Appreciation thread and dropping a bomb and starting yet another argument. Didn't you realize that no matter what you say if you are in a Storm appreciation thread the appreciation will go for Storm and not for Jean.... like seriously? You guys keep going over the same recycled sh*t like the X-Office and their recycled stories.

We need more positivity here, no need for all that negativity regardless if it is for Storm or any other hero like Jean.

Now I understand your bias and that of a few others. In either case, the fact of the matter is, Jean has defeated Ororo before and vice versa. You may not like that they have been depicted as equal - I certainly don't have that problem - but that is truly neither here nor there. Ororo has strengths and capabilities Jean doesn't, and Jean has strengths and capabilities Ororo doesn't. It's quite clear and simple.
    It can be said that they are the same, from a few years until today (although it has already decreased) but they are not treated like that, by the X-mens' own fanbase and by the writers themselves. Lol, Ororo even fell into the hands of a racist writer (which I wouldn't know if they hadn't warned me) who changed the concepts of his powers. And every time some "fan" posted scans of Jean taking down the Storm (one written by Tom Taylor and another that Jean was with the phoenix) all to make fun of the Storm, I'm not saying you're one of those people, but part of my hostile behavior is because I came from a place like this, and it sucks to have to see a character who is not treated like another character, or not let her do something another character has to do (an example of this is when Jean collected an oxygen bubble with her telekinesis, saving everyone, something like that), I'm not just talking about powers, but also about history, and the like, I really want to see Ororo teaching young elemental mutants, but they never showed it right. .

Same of what you've written above I truly do not understand and the rest just seems like you resorting to strawman tactics and ad hominem attacks to deflect from the part you've played in the ongoing discord. We're done here.
    Sorry, I think everyone here noticed, otherwise, now you know I'm Brazilian, lol. And about Jean being racist, I prefer to be quiet, although I don't agree with some Butterflykyss things, but I don't like Jean and I don't hate her (and yes some of her fans) but she's like Pigeon to me, you know? So it ended here.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    At least she is back with her old costume. THANK GOD! I can't stand the new one...
    lmao, you're not the only one who thinks that way, I have a friend who doesn't really like the fact that Ororo is always wearing her evening gown, because it's very glamorous..

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't buy any books, but how do you think we should make the Storm, not just her, but other black characters, be recognized, and do these things, stomp their feet to say they're being pushed aside and all that?
    Well...not calling the X-Office (which has a history of putting Storm first and using other minority characters foremost for decades under Claremont and others) racist, would be a good start.

Recognising that other characters of colour such as Tempo, Synch, Kwannon, Manifold, Sunfire who've been given their moments to grow and shine...as Storm with a major upgrade in both power and status...even if she's not driving all the stories in which she appears, front and centre...would seem to indicate that they're not in fact racist.

Most times, decisions to put certain characters front and centre are based on story/writer preference or editorial mandate as with Wolverine, which is their creative right, and which doesn't make them racist for not preferring a minority character.

Right now...we readers have absolutely no power in the decision-making as to which characters are being used and which aren't. Because Marvel isn't paying any of us to give input. So...By all means vote with your wallet as that is the only true influence we do have (nobody takes Twatter tirades seriously...absolutely nobody). And continue to recognise the efforts that are actually being made, even if some of us think it could better.

I don't have an issue with certain fans decrying the poor and ill-use of their favourite characters...every character at some point in the entire history of comics has undergone that, some more than once, in different eras. What I find egregious is calling them out for being racist which is a damning accusation on all counts yet still you support and buy their books, eventhough evidence would clearly suggest otherwise.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-18-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

lmao, you're not the only one who thinks that way, I have a friend who doesn't really like the fact that Ororo is always wearing her evening gown, because it's very glamorous..
    I like both and hopes she goes back and forth - one for battle and the other for diplomacy.

OAN: can we PLEASE stop the back and forth....make an arguments thread go to rumbles I don't care but all of this back and forth and the negative energy brings the thread down. Can't we just appreciate a character in their appreciation thread?