Page 343 of 772 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I mean the power cosmic is a reality warping ability to an extent so like I said it would affect her. But onto the shift if storm becomes an elemental being capable of becoming all weather phenomena at will. It would be almost impossible to beat her. I mean when you yh some charachters are string a physically and all but what are they going to do punch air? It would be like Bobby's ice form but extremely varying constantly. He is immortal and can reform from water. Storm well would be able to reform from air, water, electricity, thermal energy....etc. it would be too op only reality warpers could deal with her.
    Well, I just wouldn't want her to get so OP that they wouldn't know what to do with her. That's why I'd favor a more defensive application approach to her power instead of an outright elemental form. There could be some drawbacks to that though, like maybe each time she's forced to reform it chips away at her humanity. Or it cuts her empathy like Emma's diamond form?

how long did it take for storm to create an atmosphere on Mars/Arrako? fascinating.

maybe she can calm the "permanent" storm on Jupiter? It would be a great stunt. (or to redirect it at someone with the help of someone who can open portals)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I don't really vibe with that mentality. It's not about how strong or resistant to harm they make Storm, but who they put her up against. When you can have people like Thor and even Odin "bleed" in a fight then you can't tell me it'll be impossible for them to find someone to pit against her. It all boils down to what's being thrown at her. I mean ye if you have a Storm who can shift into an elemental form and put her against flatscan fodder then of course it's a massive mismatch and even an outright insult to her character. But put her against more worthy cosmic threats like maybe a real match up against Silver Surfer or any number of high tier cosmic hitters who could really challenge Storm and her power and the fight would make a helluva lot more sense and hopefully more engaging to people picking up whatever book Storm is in.
    I actually never thought of her elemental form not deviating too much from her regular human form. I wouldn't mind this at all. I love all of what you said!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    also can't storm control the electrical impulses in someone's body like she did a few people? Sorry but anyone who thinks Wonder Woman in invulnerable is delusional
    exactly! if its a death match all she seriously has to do is cut off her brain or stop her heart. she doesn't even have to be within any sort of striking distance to perform such an attack.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Queen Regent, same difference. Ruling in place of the monarch, but there's no actual other monarch, meaning the Regent is the monarch. This era is literally called "Reign of X": mutants Reign over the Earth
    Not this mess in the Storm appreciation thread…

How can there be this much slander for a title that hasn’t been officially filled and that hasn’t been defined or explored on the page?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how long did it take for storm to create an atmosphere on Mars/Arrako? fascinating.

maybe she can calm the "permanent" storm on Jupiter? It would be a great stunt. (or to redirect it at someone with the help of someone who can open portals)
    all of the terraforming happened the same night of the gala. considering the attendees were spectators from earth I imagine it wasn't longer than an hour if that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Well, I just wouldn't want her to get so OP that they wouldn't know what to do with her. That's why I'd favor a more defensive application approach to her power instead of an outright elemental form. There could be some drawbacks to that though, like maybe each time she's forced to reform it chips away at her humanity. Or it cuts her empathy like Emma's diamond form?
    I do also see that I mean her elemental for is soooooo powerful she rejected it due to the fact that she would lose her humanity. Defence would just take away her glass cannon nature which I do love but that's over we have had glass cannon ororo for forty years plus time to let her tank heavy hitters as she should.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

It took some hours from the looks of it. But yh storm would definitely be able to calm and manipulate the storms of Jupiter. I wonder if she can even control the gas giant? I mean the core itself are all gasses with the core being made of rock and dominated by hydrogen which has been pressurized soo much it's become solid. But yh everything on that planet is very easy for storm to control.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually never thought of her elemental form not deviating too much from her regular human form. I wouldn't mind this at all. I love all of what you said!!

exactly! if its a death match all she seriously has to do is cut off her brain or stop her heart. she doesn't even have to be within any sort of striking distance to perform such an attack.
    For G-Damn sake kyss, Do you know anything about wonder woman? Storm is not beating friggin wonder woman in a got dang death battle, yall can't be serious right now. You really think it would be that easy ma boi then you must be delusional, I can't believe you even brought this up again and WW doesn't have to be invulnerable to beat storm in a battle to the death. WW was built for death battles, she's faced opponents that Ro has never even came close to in any x men stories, has taken blows from some of the strongest villains in dc publication. I don't care if this is a storm thread and we're all storm fans but this bias delusional topic is done, I'm putting an end to it right now. No offense to anyone in here but this has got to stop with coming up with putting storm in battle scenarios against characters that have done more than storm has for quite some time now. Does Ro even have any major villain feats of her own because y'all seem really sure she can beat a character whose nickname is "female superman". This is my final input on this subject, time switch gears plus ya give me a headache sometimes BK but it's cool. As long as i'm here someone has to be the logical voice of reason.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 06-21-2021 at 03:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    For G-Damn sake kyss, Do you know anything about wonder woman? Storm is not beating friggin wonder woman in a got dang death battle, yall can't be serious right now. You really think it would be that easy ma boi then you must be delusional, I can't believe you even brought this up again and WW doesn't have to be invulnerable to beat storm in a battle to the death. WW was built for death battles, she's faced opponents that Ro has never even came close to in any x men stories, has taken blows from some of the strongest villains in dc publication. I don't care if this is a storm thread and we're all storm fans but this bias delusional topic is done, I'm putting an end to it right now. No offense to anyone in here but this has got to stop with coming up with putting storm in battle scenarios against characters that have done more than storm has for quite some time now. Does Ro even have any major villain feats of her own because y'all seem really sure she can beat a character whose nickname is "female superman". This is my final input on this subject, time switch gears plus ya give me a headache sometimes BK but it's cool. As long as i'm here someone has to be the logical voice of reason.
    Hence why storm needs to be pushed to battle charachters in her powers weight class I mean an omega level mutsnts whose power is battle tested but hasn't really been shown to deal with charachters like hulk or Thor hulk on occasion but Thor is always shown to be above her. Like infact it is shown that she can't do anything to him like at all. Thor is a wonder woman charachter type in marvel. If storm hadn't demonstrated the ability to beat Thor then I do not think she can beat Diana as at now. That's why I stated that if storm is going to cement her place as a galactic ruler aside diplomatic charachter development she has to show some at least star level feats. If I remember correctly dark pheonix greatest feat was obliterating an entire system by destroying the star. It would be nice to see storms power play out on a grander cosmic stage for this era. Even though once she comes back to earth those powers would be forgotten.

Fantastic Member

Diana would definitely win most of the fights against Ro for being much faster and more durable than Storm but Ro could definitely hurt her if she had the opportunity, especially Rebirth Diana who was struggling to beat Slade.
    Last edited by HeraldOfStorm; 06-21-2021 at 06:44 AM.

Fantastic Member

y'all think there would be any chance of Namor being the new regent of Sol instead of Storm?

Well I’m gonna enjoy the one fight that was actually published by marvel and dc .

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    y'all think there would be any chance of Namor being the new regent of Sol instead of Storm?
    Yh I do I mean the xoffice like twists and everyone thinks it's storm so it won't suppose me if they make it namor or brand or even magneto. The thing is that of all those mentioned storm would be the best option she is the best diplomat sooo far maybe except for brand and she has a stronger pull in the hero and human communities than even namor giving as she has not attempted genocide of an entire nation.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I hope not, I forgot to post this earlier today but this was an interview with Jordan D. White released today:

“- OK, I feel like there are some clear clues in Planet-Size X-Men, but for the Storm fans, when do we finally get to learn what the future holds for Ororo? How soon?

- Jordan: Soon. Very soon. And wait, sorry, and to which I will add — this is the thing I was talking about. I’m sure that’s clear, but a long time ago, I said we came up with an idea for Storm that I’m so excited about, and it was a billion years ago and every time Storm appears anywhere, everybody’s like, “Is this going to be it?” This is going to be it. “

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    I hope not, I forgot to post this earlier today but this was an interview with Jordan D. White released today:

“- OK, I feel like there are some clear clues in Planet-Size X-Men, but for the Storm fans, when do we finally get to learn what the future holds for Ororo? How soon?

- Jordan: Soon. Very soon. And wait, sorry, and to which I will add — this is the thing I was talking about. I’m sure that’s clear, but a long time ago, I said we came up with an idea for Storm that I’m so excited about, and it was a billion years ago and every time Storm appears anywhere, everybody’s like, “Is this going to be it?” This is going to be it. “

Wait - is this the Jordan D. (Sky is falling Sky is falling - I mean it this time, for reals) Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    yes I do. I dont say things simply because I'm a storm fan. I always bsse my thoughts off of receipts, which you incorrectly assume I don’t have. as I said been reading the current wonder woman run and if Diana can be taken down by the following surely storm can do the same with the plethora of lightning attacks she could utilize against wonder woman.

even though you didn't answer my question and just asked it with a question, storm has been able ko opponents like hulk by attacking him internally. the same would work against Diana.

so it appears based upon the recent aipt interview storm is going to bring the new regent of sol: