Page 438 of 772 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    No, her thoughts are not faster than light. Storm's mind is connected to the entire planet (or quadrant of space when not connected to a planet), she manipulates the elements (wind, water. Earth and Eletro-magnetic) by psionically (telekinesis) moving atomic and subatomic particles to manipulate her environment.

She pulls elements from other areas to create weather effects...this is the reason her powers are sometimes limited in certain places. While her manipulation is very fast, it is not faster than lightspeed.
    I think it depends on what she is doing because the bigger the feat the more time it would take but as a lightning bolt or a hurricane it takes very very less.

IIRC, Tyrone is not a telepath. He is a astral projection (energy being) that can possess people. I use to read NU Psi-Force...good series if you can find it.

Now with that being said, if Monica is not flying or reacting at super-speeds her thought speed is as normal as everyone else. Believe me, Monica is one of my favorite heroes (along with Storm and Vixen), I have very deep files on her.
    Pages before, she would react, however, was interrupted (and in the same title it was said that although she transformed into her human form, she was operating as energy)
    Attachment 111985

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I am not going to argue with you. However, I would recommend you to read some real-world scientific researches and as some other people pointed out, it is mentioned in multiple places that thoughts usually are faster than light... even the normal human mind is close if not as fast as light, especially if someone thinks logically and/or mathematical. And I am talking about an experienced mind here.

What I can tell you about Storm is that her thoughts are extremely fast... and if the scans say that she heard creatures who can be heard by beings who have fast thoughts... well it is canon and it can't be changed. My statement remains, Storm thoughts are fast, especially if you break into small parts of her mutation and the way it works, you even proved it in your own reply within the quote above... what you believe or not is your own right but when the reality says otherwise, I am sorry but regardless of what you think, the statement remains quite real.
    I don't think you understand how fast light moves...especially someone like Monica who thinks faster then light (well her cosmic awareness helps too).

Here she is thinking within the speed of light. If you have scans of Storm thinking faster then light, please post them.

Attachment 111992
    Attachment 111990
    Attachment 111991

If you wish to continue this, let's move to the Spectrum thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Pages before, she would react, however, was interrupted (and in the same title it was said that although she transformed into her human form, she was operating as energy)
    Attachment 111985
    If you like we can move this Monica conversation to her thread. No need to clog up Storms Appreciation thred.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2021/page28
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm kinda unclear on the discussion. Are we saying that storm thoughts are not speed of thought? I thought all thoughts simply occur at that speed based upon how it is defined canonically
    a baseline human thoughts would move at the speed of light:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Speed of thought is very inconsistent

The only thing I see Storm being LS in her thought process is the scan where she perceives lightning bolts creation (the flash is light speed) and electrons (which are close to light speed)

In space Storm's thought process was making out a song made in patterns of Tachyons which is faster than light. In space, Storm is heavily amped compared to a planetary atmosphere since she has more to work with. Which is probably why she was able to fight FTL Heralds like Silver Surfer and Stardust.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm kinda unclear on the discussion. Are we saying that storm thoughts are not speed of thought? I thought all thoughts simply occur at that speed based upon how it is defined canonically
    a baseline human thoughts would move at the speed of light:

It's Action Vs. Thought.

Storm doesn't posses the ability to process information at a superhuman level, especially not at light speed or greater. That has never been shown. She is not the Flash or Monica. Both of those characters can operate within a second.

Attachment 111993

This is close as you can get to her having maybe enhanced speed....but even this is well below Lightspeed.

While Storm's abilities are fast. She has never flown to Dallas, then flew to Japan to electrocuted Mister Sinster,,then flew to California to stopped a hurricane, then flew back to Wakanda for tea in under a second.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-29-2021 at 04:54 PM.

It's Action Vs. Thought.

Storm doesn't posses the ability to process information at a superhuman level, especially not at light speed or greater. That has never been shown. She is not the Flash or Monica. Both of those characters can operate within a second.

Attachment 111993

This is close as you can get to her having maybe enhanced speed....but even this is well below Lightspeed.

While Storm's abilities are fast. She has never flown to Dallas, then flew to Japan to electrocuted Mister Sinster,,then flew to California to stopped a hurricane, then flew back to Wakanda for tea in under a second.
    I agree I dont think she flies or moves at light speed. I do however think there is enough evidence that her powers activate at incredibly fast speeds.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I agree I dont think she flies or moves at light speed. I do however think there is enough evidence that her powers activate at incredibly fast speeds.
    Yeah, I agree with that. It's the whole she can respond/perceive something quicker then light. That has never been shown.

If she can perceive and control the movement of electrons, and ride a spear of lightning with effective precision, it may well be that she can [probably mostly subconsciously, as an instinct associated with her mutation] perceive, think, and act/react at or above lightspeed. The canon has been understated in this regard. That said, I think her galactic core feat displays it most directly. A galactic core can have a diameter 10's of lightyears, and yet Ororo was able to tap into and summon the energies of its millions of stars and planets instantly. That right there shows at some level she can operate at far beyond lightspeed. Spooky action at a distance for certain.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If she can perceive and control the movement of electrons, and ride a spear of lightning with effective precision, it may well be that she can [probably mostly subconsciously, as an instinct associated with her mutation] perceive, think, and act/react at or above lightspeed. The canon has been understated in this regard. That said, I think her galactic core feat displays it most directly. A galactic core can have a diameter 10's of lightyears, and yet Ororo was able to tap into and summon the energies of its millions of stars and planets instantly. That right there shows at some level she can operate at far beyond lightspeed. Spooky action at a distance for certain.
    That's why I said her powers might work in subspace. To summon that much energy from such a distance, so quickly, is crazy.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying she is able to perceive the speed of energy she summoning.

To me, she is connected to all the energy of the universe and can control it. (SORRY, showing my fanboy there.)

I like the idea of her being connected to the universe, I would agree with that. I also agree the canon could do more to explore these concepts.

I think all we can definitively say about galatic core is that she was connected to those energies which for me is more an instantaneous action:

once that connection is established it would be just like moving a finger as those energies are a part of her.

however I think you make a good point about moving with good precision at lightning speed though I think we must keep in mind lightning doesn't quite move a light speed from what I recall.

we saw her connecting to energies on a cosmic scale again in black panther however here we saw it took quite a bit of concentration to do it:

Lighting propagates at about 1/2 lightspeed, but that is factoring in air resistance which she could in theory actively mitigate. Even still, to aim and control her path she would have to be thinking ahead, so....

As far as the galactic core feat goes, even if she had already tapped it, summoning it and radiating the energy from lightyears worth of space still is far exceeding the speed of light(any bit of energy should take a decade to get to her, and yet she had it instantly).

That BP feat was more about her communing with each individual ship's artificial environment. I don't think it's relevant to what we're discussing. Obviously she doesn't operate at FTL speed on the regular because if she did there wouldn't be much of a story, but I think some of her feats suggest she can operate at that level.

the references to their first encounter in the sword issue was really nice!!

god is woman!

That BP feat was more about her communing with each individual ship's artificial environment. I don't think it's relevant to what we're discussing. Obviously she doesn't operate at FTL speed on the regular because if she did there wouldn't be much of a story, but I think some of her feats suggest she can operate at that level.
    It wasn't just the ship. she explicitly calls out microclimate that speak to the individual ship's environment at the very end but she starts off by saying she has to develop a rapport with so many energies which indicates all the energies within that space. that is the part that is similar or relevant to what she did with galatic core.

Lighting propagates at about 1/2 lightspeed, but that is factoring in air resistance which she could in theory actively mitigate. Even still, to aim and control her path she would have to be thinking ahead, so....

As far as the galactic core feat goes, even if she had already tapped it, summoning it and radiating the energy from lightyears worth of space still is far exceeding the speed of light(any bit of energy should take a decade to get to her, and yet she had it instantly).

you could still argue that her to accommodate for the speeds at which lightning moves would still be less than light speed. I dont think frictional forces of air and removing it would put lightning at the speed of light. I could be wrong here but that doesn't sound likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    god is woman!
    she most certainly is! and her name is hadsri yao!