Page 192 of 772 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what u mean by gassed storm?

u talking the terrigen mist?
    Exactly. At least we have moved beyond can't move a cloud and watching mutants get killed to overcompensating at the worst.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly. At least we have moved beyond can't move a cloud and watching mutants get killed to overcompensating at the worst.
    everyone i think of terrigen mist i pop a blood vessel. that story literally could hsve been resolved by thor or storm or Magik. that is very up there with contrived storytelling.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

everyone i think of terrigen mist i pop a blood vessel. that story literally could hsve been resolved by thor or storm or Magik. that is very up there with contrived storytelling.
    With any justice and a competent editor Ororo would have atomized that cloud
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What’s up with some of these artist drawing Storm so manly looking. 🥴 They don’t seem to have a problem drawing other female character’s faces. If they can do regal then just do pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    With any justice and a competent editor Ororo would have atomized that cloud
    exactly. the more I think on it many writers have dropped the ball when it relates to writing her. however, im curious to see what these big plans are. Duggan mentioned this summer should be fun but the reign if z story don't seem to suggest anything ground shaking relative to her. time will tell i guess

#justiceforstorm
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And i would argue if it was a man who did the same that would not be the case. It's contrived for Storm to not wait on Bp in an X-book but it shouldn't be expected for him to wait on her to make choices in BP. Unfair standard.

Storm did not raise her voice, she was not aggressive, she told him what she wanted him to call her, how is that any different from call me Kate, and if someone came walking into their home i doubt the wakandian embassy would act any differently if Cap and them came storming in saying they need to speak with a head of state. In fact Vita respected them and had the wakandians act no different than she had Storm act, it was cordial but this were not friendly affairs.

And if the Avengers do think the law is so wrong why are they visiting the mutant embassy rather than being on tv trying to get the law changed if that is what this is really about. Or talking to the people they have sword to protect. I get what Vita was going for and it felt the same as when someone says a cop shoots black people people go but black on black crime. Like we don't pay other black people to protect us just like mutants didn't make these laws that Cap and co seem to have such a problem with.

And that is not even touching on the fact that those children live in the human world, not the mutant world. So what exactly was Cap expecting them to do, or was he making the assumption that krakoan mutants were leaving krakoa and coming to human territories to do things? So he already came in wrong.
    If T'Challa did Cap like that I'd be even harsher with my criticisms because the two are actually supposed to be close friends. It's got nothing to do with man or woman and everything to do with basic decency, unless that is now a mere human concept too lol. It would be contrived conflict for T'Challa to speak that way with a fellow superhero who's coming in good faith to inform a statesman about a potential international incident caused by his citizens (or in Krakoa's case sub-species) breaking a law in a foreign land.

And for what it's worth I don't think the contrived writing of Marauders #13 came from Storm not waiting on T'Challa, it was from her not being given the sword (which had been purely created to spark a conflict in the first place with its contrived rules and lore) in the first place. And T'Challa apparently getting his mommy's messages but not caring enough about the situation to let his people know when he would return. Storm was justified in stealing Skybreaker but the story bent over backwards in its structure to make that the case by forcing an artificial conflict that was undercut by her being like the 2nd person to arrive at the summoning circle. But I recognize it was an editorial mandate and wanted the pair broken up anyway so I'm not complaining as long as future BP writers don't reference the BS lore Vita tried to introduce.

The Avengers aren't asking to speak with a head of state so I don't really see the comparison. They were speaking to a high ranking member of the Krakoan governing body about a possible imprisonment of their people due to breaking an American law they disagree with. I don't see the Wakandans being as accusatory as Storm since she basically implies that because the Avengers dislike how the law applies to the Champions they're ok with the US only targeting mutants who break the law, which is a stretch to say the least lol. In fact we saw evidence of how Wakanda would act when asked to do something for the greater benefit of the world or their own security. They greeted Storm as a sister and daughter then promptly offered literally every bit of aid imaginable, from their own Wakandan armies to several sacred swords, all the way to their substantial technological resources. The one thing they weren't willing to do was give up this super important sword that Vita made up for that issue with a stupid clause designed to spark conflict between the two parties present lol. So even by the standards of how Vita normally likes to contrive her stories she didn't do a good job because Mystique was acting like a bitch right out the gate lol.

I get wanting Storm to have more bass in her voice, believe me, I'm a BP fan that's seen one of the strongest personalities in the MU neutered for fake deep writing. But I don't think being unnecessarily aggressive when people are informing them about a law that poses a threat to their citizens is the way to go about it. I don't believe she was being an angry black woman but I also don't believe that being polite and appreciative would've made her a mami or been a repeat of times when she was actually written as one. That said, happy you enjoyed the issue lol, I'm not even reading COTA but I just wanted to put that out there.

The issue with Storm wasnt that she couldnt destroy the cloud;its that she wouldnt. The wrote her as trying to respect the Inhumans and Medusa's wishes with that BS truce when she should have told her to f--k off and did what she needed to to protect her people

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If T'Challa did Cap like that I'd be even harsher with my criticisms because the two are actually supposed to be close friends. It's got nothing to do with man or woman and everything to do with basic decency, unless that is now a mere human concept too lol. It would be contrived conflict for T'Challa to speak that way with a fellow superhero who's coming in good faith to inform a statesman about a potential international incident caused by his citizens (or in Krakoa's case sub-species) breaking a law in a foreign land.

And for what it's worth I don't think the contrived writing of Marauders #13 came from Storm not waiting on T'Challa, it was from her not being given the sword (which had been purely created to spark a conflict in the first place with its contrived rules and lore) in the first place. And T'Challa apparently getting his mommy's messages but not caring enough about the situation to let his people know when he would return. Storm was justified in stealing Skybreaker but the story bent over backwards in its structure to make that the case by forcing an artificial conflict that was undercut by her being like the 2nd person to arrive at the summoning circle. But I recognize it was an editorial mandate and wanted the pair broken up anyway so I'm not complaining as long as future BP writers don't reference the BS lore Vita tried to introduce.

The Avengers aren't asking to speak with a head of state so I don't really see the comparison. They were speaking to a high ranking member of the Krakoan governing body about a possible imprisonment of their people due to breaking an American law they disagree with. I don't see the Wakandans being as accusatory as Storm since she basically implies that because the Avengers dislike how the law applies to the Champions they're ok with the US only targeting mutants who break the law, which is a stretch to say the least lol. In fact we saw evidence of how Wakanda would act when asked to do something for the greater benefit of the world or their own security. They greeted Storm as a sister and daughter then promptly offered literally every bit of aid imaginable, from their own Wakandan armies to several sacred swords, all the way to their substantial technological resources. The one thing they weren't willing to do was give up this super important sword that Vita made up for that issue with a stupid clause designed to spark conflict between the two parties present lol. So even by the standards of how Vita normally likes to contrive her stories she didn't do a good job because Mystique was acting like a bitch right out the gate lol.

I get wanting Storm to have more bass in her voice, believe me, I'm a BP fan that's seen one of the strongest personalities in the MU neutered for fake deep writing. But I don't think being unnecessarily aggressive when people are informing them about a law that poses a threat to their citizens is the way to go about it. I don't believe she was being an angry black woman but I also don't believe that being polite and appreciative would've made her a mami or been a repeat of times when she was actually written as one. That said, happy you enjoyed the issue lol, I'm not even reading COTA but I just wanted to put that out there.
    can I just say you are dropping a lot if facts today. there are some parts I dont necessarily agree with but overall this is a pretty spot on discussion as to why that preview didn't do much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I can respect that and I actually agree with the sword part, with it being made up and stuff. But then I can also I agree I just wanted it over and vita wrote storm the way I think he would have felt based on the story she set up. It definitely could have been done another way but then that wouldn't have ended the relationship quickly so in that sense we all know that part was contrived. But I still think it was written well in the context and the voice is something I've seen storm had to deal with time and again with wakanda so I can't say they would have just given it to her. But I might not want to. Lol

I think she did a better job than the annulment.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The issue with Storm wasnt that she couldnt destroy the cloud;its that she wouldnt. The wrote her as trying to respect the Inhumans and Medusa's wishes with that BS truce when she should have told her to f--k off and did what she needed to to protect her people
    especially considering in the end that is exactly what they did: destroyed the cloud. they had her running to live in limbo instead of fighting to rid the earth of the cloud. it was so silly.

edit: ugh when did ororo become only invested in the well-being of mutants over simply all life. "I have mutant matters to attend." Seriously???

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-08-2021 at 02:33 PM.

especially considering in the end that is exactly what they did: destroyed the cloud. they had her running to live in limbo instead of fighting to rid the earth of the cloud. it was so silly.
    And then they had her feel guilty for partaking in the war?!? It's the way things weren't adding up.

Also some people were speculating that Storm will be in Duggan's X-Men and I'm not about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    And then they had her feel guilty for partaking in the war?!? It's the way things weren't adding up.

Also some people were speculating that Storm will be in Duggan's X-Men and I'm not about it.
    My first choice would be Hickman writing storm. I feel he is more high concept and will blow my mind.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Duggan said this summer should be fun but with that list of books coming out for reign of x I'm not sure how lol. Duggan is a nice guy but his storm leaves a lot to be desired. so im with you there.

yea it didn't add up and they wanted a setup for kitty to led the xmen. it was all pretty bad. imagine if the same was done to Scott lol.

Duggan said this summer should be fun but with that list of books coming out for reign of x I'm not sure how lol. Duggan is a nice guy but his storm leaves a lot to be desired. so im with you there.

yea it didn't add up and they wanted a setup for kitty to led the xmen. it was all pretty bad. imagine if the same was done to Scott lol.
    It definitely could be! Hopefully they're keeping it hidden so that the moments really hit.

It definitely could be! Hopefully they're keeping it hidden so that the moments really hit.
    that would be really nice if a storm solo was drooping this summer put of nowhere like when beyonce drops those midnight albums lol