Page 188 of 772 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    While that is true he is just a normal human being whose true power comes from knowledge squired. He still has said knowledge. As I stated before knull has extremely intimate access to the knowledge of all his avatars. So being in possession of strange doesn't change that fact. His occult knowledge is still accessible to knull at while he is possessed.

I also pointed out he is a primordial entity. He predates most if not all things. If he states that this person is strongest the person is the strongest no if or buts he doesn't need to lie after all he is above all of them.

Now I will like for the x office in particular Duggan to justify his claim to set you all at peace. He stated that she is the most powerful and he stated she is the omega's omega. So he now has to prove it not to me but to all the people who can't believe said statements. Because even as kyss and others pointed out she has yet to redeem herself against thor. This is the reason she being the omega weather manipulator was still a topic for debate. Thor has made temporal storms and beaten multiversal storms. Storm has yet to prove why she is the strongest weather manipulator in all of comics.
    (Ok, it’s all fine and dandy but Strange never became one of knull’s AVATARS, a term specifically used by the dark god, Stephen was trapped in a containment bubble atop the empire state building to avoid any spellcasting on his part, he was never possessed and never acted on knull’s behalf.)

I agree with you, when it comes to Ororo it is TIME TO SHOW and not just tell, have her fight an enraged hulk and win, that is bound to shut up everyone, has she met Thanos? (Life could use a champion), give her some durability (it is needed to avoid the glass canon argument), she needs to either heal fast or be gun shot resistant, give her a method to survive in the vacuum of space, give her a method to travel in space under her own power(space is vast, speed is needed), what if someone teleports her to another dimension with no external means to come back? (Maybe her jewel can be useful), it’s her turn to smack galactus (everyone else did it), show saturnine who’s boss (betsy is going too soft on her), next time the russians use a mutant dampening tech on Ororo make her godly power take over(bring on the elemental might, “avatar state” is the way), finally start to show her in future stories like it was done for logan, thor, hulk, emma frost, namor ( the message should pass : she’s here to stay, not a temporary fluke).

Give Ororo A SOLO SERIES (how many times did they restart captain marvel, give Ororo the same dedication) and SOLO MOVIE (this need to happen, BP and CM showed us it can and it should be done).
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-08-2021 at 06:25 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

after seeing the books that were announced im not seeing these big plans the xoffices allegedly have for Storm.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    after seeing the books that were announced im not seeing these big plans the xoffices allegedly have for Storm.
    not surprising since we haven't seen anything from the books yet.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    not surprising since we haven't seen anything from the books yet.
    its starting to feel like lip service all over again after she split with tchalla at the end of avx. however, you're right cant say I'm surprised.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

its starting to feel like lip service all over again after she split with tchalla at the end of avx. however, you're right cant say I'm surprised.
    Cool it's been lipservice e verywhere. The BP office. Show me the solos, or the books or the count of books she was in as opposed to how many she been in in this era and they did try a solo so eh. it's lipservice from everybody. Not a single person, black white brown, BP, Xmen when they had her gave her her own shine or her own book. So either they all lying about what they think of her including coates or someone somewhere higher than the x-office and bp office been blocking these so called projects. At least here i'm getting content i enjoy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Cool it's been lipservice e verywhere. The BP office. Show me the solos, or the books or the count of books she was in as opposed to how many she been in in this era and they did try a solo so eh. it's lipservice from everybody. Not a single person, black white brown, BP, Xmen when they had her gave her her own shine or her own book. So either they all lying about what they think of her including coates or someone somewhere higher than the x-office and bp office been blocking these so called projects. At least here i'm getting content i enjoy.
    Storm’s likely not getting a solo til Hickman’s done with his story. I know for a damn fact Coates isn’t writing anything in the current X-Men era and it seems unlikely that Storm’s “epic” arc is gonna take her solo so much as it will put her on a new path with a new team. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up with Scott and Jean on the new X-Men team or maybe she becomes the Krakoan representative to SWORD.

Ewing did say that Krakoa had rotating members of the Quiet Council work with that organization, maybe he has something planned for her if she replaces Magneto, as we know from the Reign of X teaser image that she ends up in possession of whatever the team got in issue #1. That’s a writer that knows how to put respect on black characters’ names so Storm would be in good hands. But besides that stuff, I think Storm’s had decent enough moments post XOS. The thing with Callisto in Marauders was fine and the Shi’ar Empire adventure was cool. Storm certainly is getting used more even if there isn’t much in the way of a meaty character arc or leadership position. I’m much more confident in her future going forward since it appears Hickman himself is directing where she ends up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    (Ok, itÂ’s all fine and dandy but Strange never became one of knullÂ’s AVATARS, a term specifically used by the dark god, Stephen was trapped in a containment bubble atop the empire state building to avoid any spellcasting on his part, he was never possessed and never acted on knullÂ’s behalf.)

I agree with you, when it comes to Ororo it is TIME TO SHOW and not just tell, have her fight an enraged hulk and win, that is bound to shut up everyone, has she met Thanos? (Life could use a champion), give her some durability (it is needed to avoid the glass canon argument), she needs to either heal fast or be gun shot resistant, give her a method to survive in the vacuum of space, give her a method to travel in space under her own power(space is vast, speed is needed), what if someone teleports her to another dimension with no external means to come back? (Maybe her jewel can be useful), it’s her turn to smack galactus (everyone else did it), show saturnine who’s boss (betsy is going too soft on her), next time the russians use a mutant dampening tech on Ororo make her godly power take over(bring on the elemental might, “avatar state” is the way), finally start to show her in future stories like it was done for logan, thor, hulk, emma frost, namor ( the message should pass : she’s here to stay, not a temporary fluke).

Give Ororo A SOLO SERIES (how many times did they restart captain marvel, give Ororo the same dedication) and SOLO MOVIE (this need to happen, BP and CM showed us it can and it should be done).
    I want a solo toooo. It's the only way I feel the character can be explored. I feel she is too big to fit the team. Her powerset is just tooo convineint for any situation. Plus her divinity and heritage needs to get fleshed out ten weeks ago. It is sad but the truth is comics by their very nature is a male power fantasy a white one at that. It feels subliminal so it's barely noticeable but it's true. And that is not an attack I mean we write stories largely from our world view and perspectives. And that has been lost on storm. She has a lineage not just a clan. Divine power and high priesthood passed on to her. Her roots go all the way back to the dawn of atlantis, she is black, woman and a mutant. All these things gives rise to a rich well of stories just waiting to be told. But as usual white male relatability and if lucky white female relatability shall be sold to us.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Storm’s likely not getting a solo til Hickman’s done with his story. I know for a damn fact Coates isn’t writing anything in the current X-Men era and it seems unlikely that Storm’s “epic” arc is gonna take her solo so much as it will put her on a new path with a new team. I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up with Scott and Jean on the new X-Men team or maybe she becomes the Krakoan representative to SWORD.

Ewing did say that Krakoa had rotating members of the Quiet Council work with that organization, maybe he has something planned for her if she replaces Magneto, as we know from the Reign of X teaser image that she ends up in possession of whatever the team got in issue #1. That’s a writer that knows how to put respect on black characters’ names so Storm would be in good hands. But besides that stuff, I think Storm’s had decent enough moments post XOS. The thing with Callisto in Marauders was fine and the Shi’ar Empire adventure was cool. Storm certainly is getting used more even if there isn’t much in the way of a meaty character arc or leadership position. I’m much more confident in her future going forward since it appears Hickman himself is directing where she ends up.
    I don't doubt that it's coming. I honestly don't and for me a solo will be a bonus i like the x-men not just storm but luckily Storm has been all over the place and many have said they want to write her and they seem to be doing so.

I was also reading about the new penguin publisher, Tyne Hunter, apparently she is a fan of comics and BP in particular and a woman of color.

Sometimes i have to remind myself a lot of these fans aren't American and so even if they are people of color their experience is so unique from my own that i get a bit thrown off. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I'm not quite im following you. What happens in BP isn't relevant to what storm is doing as she is a property of the xmen. The xoffices mentioned they had big plans for her and regardless of how good the content is where is the follow on actually showing us this? BW has a solo, captain marvel, I hear even silk has one but one of the biggest characters does not? Also I dont care about lip service everywhere whataboutism doesn't excise the xoffices not following through on their big plans for storm.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-08-2021 at 10:04 AM.

I'm not quite im following you. What happens in BP isn't relevant to what storm is doing as she is a property of the xmen. The xoffices mentioned they had big plans for her and regardless of how good the content is where is the follow on actually showing us this? BW has a solo, captain marvel, I hear even silk has one but one of the biggest characters does does not? Also I dont care about lip service everywhere whataboutism doesn't excise the xoffices not following through on their big plans for storm.
    Then i am confused, if what the BP office does isn't relevant why are we talking about it on the x-side. IS there no Ororo thread on the BP side that would reflect where those stories should matter then. but ok.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Then i am confused, if what the BP office does isn't relevant why are we talking about it on the x-side. IS there no Ororo thread on the BP side that would reflect where those stories should matter then. but ok.
    the xoffices are not even referring to the bp stories. they claimed they needed to wait until Coates was done with his story so they could tell the story they wanted to about storm. so that is why it isn't relevant. Though I'm sure some would like to Coates can't be blamed for this one.

we know and see what they are doing with kitty, with Scott, with betsy, with jean, with Kurt . they have nearly the year mapped out and still nothing for her.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-08-2021 at 10:16 AM.

the xoffices are not even referring to the bp stories. they claimed they needed to wait until Coates was done with his story so they could tell the story they wanted to about storm. so that is why it isn't relevant. Though I'm sure some would like to Coates can't be blamed for this one.

we know and see what they are doing with kitty, with Scott, with betsy, with jean, with Kurt . they have nearly the year mapped out and still nothing for her.
    from my view there is no one to blame for anything. i'm getting what i want and enjoying it. But i understand they aren't delivering what you want and expect and can understand that might be frustrating.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I don't doubt that it's coming. I honestly don't and for me a solo will be a bonus i like the x-men not just storm but luckily Storm has been all over the place and many have said they want to write her and they seem to be doing so.

I was also reading about the new penguin publisher, Tyne Hunter, apparently she is a fan of comics and BP in particular and a woman of color.

Sometimes i have to remind myself a lot of these fans aren't American and so even if they are people of color their experience is so unique from my own that i get a bit thrown off. lol
    Yup I don’t need a Storm solo and I’m mostly satisfied with what we’ve gotten so far as long as the X-Office keeps Wakanda out they mouth and she can be given a decent role, both of which seem to be happening lol. My hope going forward is that she gets to chaperone a new aspect of the Krakoan status quo like how Emma’s handling the geopolitical stuff and how Beast takes care of the espionage side. If Storm can carve out a new niche for herself with a couple of other cool characters while she gets some decent character work I’m happy and this upcoming arc seems like it’s gonna lay the foundation for that moving forward. I get being frustrated about no solo but as you said I don’t think that’s the end all be all of where the character can go.

from my view there is no one to blame for anything. i'm getting what i want and enjoying it. But i understand they aren't delivering what you want and expect and can understand that might be frustrating.
    yes it is frustrating for me and other storm fans (no here lol) as well. but as you stated and which I agree with it is not surprising.