Page 597 of 772 FirstFirst ... 97497547587593594595596597598599600601607647697 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 11576

No contest

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Scariest Storm ever ……. but I’m excited

I feel the power of this woman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I find this uniform very full of details, which makes it a bit tacky in my conception. My favorite Ororo uniform is the current and classic silver.

Tastes for everything lol, I like her current uniform but it's not my first choice.

I’m in love with the classic

Her classic is iconic, Ororo doesn't have any ugly uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Tastes for everything lol, I like her current uniform but it's not my first choice.

Her classic is iconic, Ororo doesn't have any ugly uniforms
    I don't know. I kinda love the current uniform. It is really good one.

I love the costume…but this is an upcoming panel…not feeling the art but will reserve judgment).

As I said I’m excited, I’m feeling the power as well, I’m not a fan of the art but if the writing is good I’m all in!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Wait where is this from? Is it an xoffice image or one of our wonderful talents in the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Wait where is this from? Is it an xoffice image or one of our wonderful talents in the fandom.
    Preview of next issue of sword from x-men monday

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I love the costume…but this is an upcoming panel…not feeling the art but will reserve judgment).
    As I said I’m excited, I’m feeling the power as well, I’m not a fan of the art but if the writing is good I’m all in!
    I think everyone has that feeling, because of the face lolol

Looks like she doesn't have a neck.

But I'm looking forward to seeing whats in store for her.

I’m so desperate for Storm’s content I would probably be happy even with hieroglyphics at this point

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Looks like she doesn't have a neck.

But I'm looking forward to seeing whats in store for her.
    I’m so desperate for Storm’s content I would probably be happy even with hieroglyphics at this point
    Looking forward to Sword #8, that synopsis got me somehow: "... But when you have to prove to your people who you are, every single day without fail… What becomes of who you were?"

I think your morals are at stake here, some identity conflict, yes ??

Looking forward to Sword #8, that synopsis got me somehow: "... But when you have to prove to your people who you are, every single day without fail… What becomes of who you were?"

I think your morals are at stake here, some identity conflict, yes ??

I feel like Ororo has got this one, no one is better suited than her

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Not to forget that part of the classic arsenal of super hero comic writing is that when you want to expand a characters powers you either go into the metaphysical (which laws of physic need to be manipulated or bend to create these powers) or metaphorical (what is associated with these kinds of powers) aspects of them.

Look no further than Spiderman's universal wall crawling ability.

And in Storm's case of manipulating space wind, writers are able to come from either direction and it still makes sense within the context of a super hero comic.
    Metaphorical "It's just another form of wind."
    Metaphysical "The powers she controlls to manipulate weather on Earth also exist in space, therefor she can controll solar winds or lightnings there too."

For White to say that her affecting solar winds makes no sense, can make one think that he is not only ignorant of her history and the work of the people who shaped it, but that he is also oblivious to one of the basic tools of super hero comic writing which has existed since the dawn of the genre.

Especialy since the whole genre is a mixture of science-fiction and fantasy. Both works being based on the idea of presenting things that can make no sense in the real world, but just need to make sense in the context of their stories and their fictional worlds.

Personaly i find Storm manipulating solar winds and other "space weather" to be too overpowered and to a degree too contrived, but it has been established for ages and makes sense in context of this fictional universe. So at worst i feel it's something to roll my eyes over, but dismissing it as making no sense, when it's established, explained and expanded over numerous comics sounds like a dumb argument to me.
    When I saw that the Tempest was confirmed as an omega in weather manipulation, I was very happy even though I thought that there may be many writers who think ignorantly like Jordan White, limiting it only in this aspect.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I always considered it very regal, even though cumbersome at times but a goddess such as Storm should’t have to forego luxury for practicality

[IMG]https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/af33/RiptideX/F2180C96-52AE-4482-86A5-A8B40503D7A9.jpeg[/IMG

absolutely correct! when she first appeared in the costumed and flew in from the top of the airship the team qas on it looked very regal.

Scariest Storm ever ……. but I’m excited

omg that face is hideous. first panthro and now mindless ones possessed storm face.. lol yuck ugh no ma'am lolol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-20-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!