Page 19 of 772 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I want to hear his side too. Why he is never interviewed about Storm?
    Hope we get a interview about his conclusion of Black Panther

That is a good example of not coordinating and x-men writer doing what he wants
    yes. the funny thing with all of this is we have been here before. it happened with hudlin. people can not like Coates storytelling but to claim he didn't do anything to develop the character is beyond reaching.

also, I hope we get an interview of some sort too. he raised the bar in a lot of ways and honestly I've not seen anything yet to suggest the xoffices have anything in the pockets that would go beyond his work.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I remember the creative team talking about it, that it wasn't in continuity and it was a anthology. Here is marvel calling it a anthology
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...thology-series

It's his style of writing, he want more thinking of the reader.

He has a lot to wrap up, hope he lands the end and marvel relaunches the book again soon
    I actually thought it was canon too but thanks for the clarification.

does it being an anthology make it non-canon? can't both be true, that is its canon and an anthology?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2021 at 04:29 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

In other news, I'm growing a mohawk. On my right arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    yes that is exactly my thoughts reading these comments. let me know how that goes

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually thought it was canon too but thanks for the clarification.

does it being an anthology make it non-canon? can't both be true, that is its canon and an anthology?
    If this was in canon it wouldn't be called a anthology. The reason anthology is used is to separate from canon.

If this was in canon it wouldn't be called a anthology. The reason anthology is used is to separate from canon.
    gotcha. that is first I've heard that.

Whew chy....one question/answer and we get 10 pages of convo lol

Although I don't understand why the X-office couldn't write the stories they wanted because of her being in BP but it's whatever. Whether you loved it, hated it or was impartial to it, it's about to end. (I'm just looking forward to seeing all the melanated heroes together for a change, even if it is short lived.)

Soooo......what would we like to see of her going to space?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    And no one, no one is going to pick up on any of those threads and actually finish them unless they are forced.

"oh let me pick up these undefined African gods the writer never even showed let alone described"

"Oh snap, all of Wakanda is praying to STORM, in a BP book Which somehow, reawakened or awakened her godhood that is more than her mutation but we don't know what." I got to flesh this out. "

The man didn't leave anything concrete for anyone to build on. All surface no foundation and i think BP is worse for it. And i think Storm was worse for it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Are you becoming a Zebra?

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post

Although I don't understand why the X-office couldn't write the stories they wanted because of her being in BP but it's whatever. Whether you loved it, hated it or was impartial to it, it's about to end. (I'm just looking forward to seeing all the melanated heroes together for a change, even if it is short lived.)

I'm just honestly looking forward to her being off earth with a fresh start. Whatever comes with that i feel pretty good about.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

hmmmm I'm not sure. It kinda of depends what the storyline is. I believe the shiar will be involved. it would be nice to see application of her abilities when in space explored some more but this is scary part. last time when in an xmen book when in space she mentioned since there was no weather she was useless.

This 100%. I just hope her going to space is a way for her to realize that she’s been limited as just a QC member and Kitty’s entourage and then she’ll go on her own adventures to figure out her full potential.

If I was working in the X-Office I would have made her the co-lead of Way of X, because who better to explore religion and spirituality with than the literal goddess that you’re friends with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    Are you becoming a Zebra?
    No, my right arm has undergone terragenesis and the mohawk is the result.

Ultimate Member

I want to hear his side too. Why he is never interviewed about Storm?
    Hope we get a interview about his conclusion of Black Panther

That is a good example of not coordinating and x-men writer doing what he wants
    He was not hired to write her. He was hired (and FAILED) to write Black Panther. The one with the movie and 3 Oscars.

I remember when guggenheim issue dropped where storm was kissing gambit and Coates that same day tweeted storm and black panther looking lovingly in each other's eyes. its clear there was friction then and though that may not be the case with the current writers its very clear Coates has afforded the xoffices more respect than they have him.
    When dealing with different editorial offices-they can and choose to NOT pay attention to what others do with their property. Especially the X-office towards Black Panther.

The difference between Wolverine and Storm and you can toss in Prodigy in Young Avengers is DEVELOPMENT.

Wolverine in a book is not going to do anything to change or define him. He is what he is. He is whatever the X-Office has made him and in his case folks follow that version.

Storm, Prodigy and Sunspot would be different.
    Storm as a goddess at least for Wakanda comes from WHERE? Not an X-book.
    Prodigy being Bisexual comes from Young Avengers. Not the X-books.

How much background and Kitty's talking post has Storm been the last 20 years in X-books?
    How much has Prodigy been that since New X-Men academy ended?

So to a writer OUTSIDE of the X-Office-those are clean slates to do whatever you wanted.

We saw this with Firestar. Who did her more justice? New Warriors? 99 Avengers? X-Men (before New Warriors)?

Now you got an issue. You can have Storm do all that stuff in Black Panther and attract (or sucker) Storm fans to buying it-WHO benefits? BLACK PANTHER.
    You underwrite Storm in X-Men books-WHO gets SCREWED? STORM. She is suppose to be selling X-MEN not Black Panther.

So when you have potential writers look at who they want to write-the see the Panther resume and the Storm resume. Guess who wins?

It is the job of the X-OFFICE to sell Storm. Part of the reason she and others struggle to get solos is because they never get to be the center of attention.

Give folks a reason to want a Storm book that does not require Wakanda or Kitty or Logan or whoever. In some format.

A writer can't turn a character into something they already are. Especially when they don't bring any hardcore details to the table.

Attachment 104652
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.