Page 130 of 772 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    All — LOVE the conversation. Refreshing read these past few pages. And I agree with all on the potential for awesome moments from all 4 of these omegas. Storm’s powers are so essential here. Her abilites have some overlap with Magneto & Iceman but I think there are key differences where their core abilities really make them the best fit for certain aspects of terraforming (no one os stronger in EM control than Magneto or Ice/Cryo manipulation than Bobby). But despite this overlap the creation of a balanced atmosphere that is self sustaining and life supportng is pretty rare & quite unique to Storm here.

Plus with Jean’s omega TP, especially on the need to understand the importance of a natural balanced and self sustaining ecosystem that could be as delicate as earth’s, sharing Storm’s perceptions of how to keep things “just right” could be key. I don’t think Bobby or Erik would have that type of comnection to the planet to know that what their doing is too little, toouchor just right. If they are going this direction with the story this could be such an amazing read.
    Windrider where have you been!?!?!

Askani's Flame mentioned this earlier which I didn't think of but as you also mentioned her connection or her emphatic abilities to connect to the planet will most certainly be critical in assuring a healthy balance has been achieved.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Perhaps she can make herself a personal atmosphere bubble to breathe in space. I know it's probably not accurate, but comics operate on pseudoscience, so she could make it work.
    yea I was thinking she could possibly do what she did when she went underwater in her solo and agreed on the pseudoscience point

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm pretty sure Surfer could help Storm with he breathing problem in space. Though I would love to see Storm use her mutant powers to survive in space

yea I would like to see that too. if she is dependent on him the moment anything happens to him she would be vulnerable to vacuum of space.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yea I was thinking she could possibly do what she did when she went underwater in her solo and agreed on the pseudoscience point

yea I would like to see that too. if she is dependent on him the moment anything happens to him she would be vulnerable to vacuum of space.
    Keep in mind, I haven't read anything about Silver Surfer in years but I vaguely remember him granting others the ability to survive in space. Power Cosmic and all that whatever the story needs power.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Keep in mind, I haven't read anything about Silver Surfer in years but I vaguely remember him granting others the ability to survive in space. Power Cosmic and all that whatever the story needs power.
    oh I see. its something that stays active after granted even if he is incapacitated or hurt. in that case that would work too lol.

I am curious to see how Hickman utilizes her powers on a cosmic level when in space. he allowing her to create a protective shield using her lightning for the first time was a pretty impressive showing that has me hopeful for some good power displays.

Windrider where have you been!?!?!

Askani's Flame mentioned this earlier which I didn't think of but as you also mentioned her connection or her emphatic abilities to connect to the planet will most certainly be critical in assuring a healthy balance has been achieved.

Oooh what comic is that I love the pink phoenix effect Jean has

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Oooh what comic is that I love the pink phoenix effect Jean has
    its from uncanny xmen first class issue 5. I think there is a lot of the pink effects in the series so you would love it

its from uncanny xmen first class issue 5. I think there is a lot of the pink effects in the series so you would love it
    Thanks 10chars.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Thanks 10chars.
    of course anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Mars is significantly smaller than the earth. It's essentially half as big volumetrically and only 1/10th as massive. Storm has many planetary feats in her canon on earth. Martian feats would be considerably easier in comparison, simply in terms of scale/mass. Never mind the fact that Storm has manipulated the energy of MILLIONS of stars and planets simultaneously, and reconstructed an entire dimension that was falling apart. It's time for Hickman et al to flex Storm's Omega muscles, and this would be a great start! I am a little nervous Duggan is writing this issue, though. He's not been my favorite of the lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Mars is slightly smaller than the Earth.

Also, Mars has no atmosphere. The atmosphere, having been stripped away for thousands of years by the solar wind. The solar wind, which of course carries the charged solar particles of the sun will disapate the atmosphere. Part of (if not all of) the reason the atmosphere is gone though, is because the core is now cold. The core is what generates a magnetic shield and keeps the ozone intact as well as the atmosphere in place. The magnetic shield is what enables a planet like Earth, to generate a force that disperses by repelling most of the solar wind. When the core starts to cool, the ozone weakens and dies out. Then the atmosphere becomes thin until gone.

Jean should really be able to TK-shape that barren red earth ino something great! I cannot wait!
    Mars is not larger than earth that is incorrect. Also storm essence connected to vast amounts of energy across the cosmos in Black Panther and though that feat tired her she was fine. also she has several global feats on her own so I don't think its a stretch to claim she could do that feat on her own. there are enough receipts to support it.

growing plants:

cosmic connection:
    Yep, my bad guys. I was just mixing up the planets after Mars which grow only larger and bigger with each planet and then after Jupiter they become smaller. My bad. I really thought that Mars is bigger than Earth, but I admit that I was wrong.

However, I still think that Storm will need the help of others to terraform a planet even if it is smaller than earth. There is just way too many systems in check for a planet to properly work and each of the team members has key abilities that will help the things which Storm may lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Mars currently (in real life) has an atmosphere. It is made up of 95% CO2, 4% others, and 1% oxygen. It also has water vapor that exists in it's atmosphere and ice frozen under the crust.

Now if you look at Mars in the MCU, it already has a section that has been terraformed. So it's already happened on a smaller scale. So now what we're talking about is some omega level awesomeness. Storm is the catalyst, LITERALLY as she uses her abilities to use electrolysis to convert the CO2 into O2 and C. Bobby uses his abilities to draw more of the frozen water to the surface so storm can then do the same process to the H20 and create hydrogen and oxygen. From there she can uses her goddess abilities to transform the atmosphere of the planet to one that is habitable for humans. Jean is there to create a tk shield initially for Ororo and Bobby to do their work, and expands it over time. Magneto is there to change the planets magnetic alignment.

But NONE OF THIS HAPPENS WITH OUT STORM!
    That is actually a pretty good assumption, I made my own, a few pages back.

I placed Magneto for the Planet Core and the Magnetic Field since Mars core is metallic as far as we are aware. And it is not molten like the Earth one.

I placed Jean on telepathic support since it was shown a few times in the past that Telepaths can increase the productivity of mutants with their powers and to keep a clean head and help with the strain.

Iceman, I put on the water and the northern and southern poll.

And finally, Storm on the ecological, weather pattern and fauna task.

But yours are much more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    All — LOVE the conversation. Refreshing read these past few pages. And I agree with all on the potential for awesome moments from all 4 of these omegas. Storm’s powers are so essential here. Her abilites have some overlap with Magneto & Iceman but I think there are key differences where their core abilities really make them the best fit for certain aspects of terraforming (no one os stronger in EM control than Magneto or Ice/Cryo manipulation than Bobby). But despite this overlap the creation of a balanced atmosphere that is self sustaining and life supportng is pretty rare & quite unique to Storm here.

Plus with Jean’s omega TP, especially on the need to understand the importance of a natural balanced and self sustaining ecosystem that could be as delicate as earth’s, sharing Storm’s perceptions of how to keep things “just right” could be key. I don’t think Bobby or Erik would have that type of comnection to the planet to know that what their doing is too little, toouchor just right. If they are going this direction with the story this could be such an amazing read.
    All this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Perhaps she can make herself a personal atmosphere bubble to breathe in space. I know it's probably not accurate, but comics operate on pseudoscience, so she could make it work.
    Storm, if we go by her show of powers so far, can generate oxygen in the open vacuum of space. Since she controls electrolysis and in these days, the modern stations use electrolysis to convert Space's elements into Oxygen, so yeah Storm doesn't need anyone's gift like Silver Surfer or someone else, she can accomplish that on her own. The only thing which worries me if she will be able to travel at the speed of light when she is in open space. Now, this is something which I would like to see about her.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention and sound. I am not sure how she will deal with the absolute silence in space, but hey I might be wrong it is not like other characters didn't talk in open space.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-10-2021 at 03:44 PM.

oh I see. its something that stays active after granted even if he is incapacitated or hurt. in that case that would work too lol.

I am curious to see how Hickman utilizes her powers on a cosmic level when in space. he allowing her to create a protective shield using her lightning for the first time was a pretty impressive showing that has me hopeful for some good power displays.
    Which issue did she use lightning as a shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Which issue did she use lightning as a shield?
    xmen issue 17:

xmen issue 17:

This is great. Honestly, her defensive feats are some of the coolest applications of her powers and I wish we got to see more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yep, my bad guys. I was just mixing up the planets after Mars which grow only larger and bigger with each planet and then after Jupiter they become smaller. My bad. I really thought that Mars is bigger than Earth, but I admit that I was wrong.

However, I still think that Storm will need the help of others to terraform a planet even if it is smaller than earth. There is just way too many systems in check for a planet to properly work and each of the team members has key abilities that will help the things which Storm may lack.
    No problem.

And thats fine we can agree to disagree but based upon her galatic core feat (where she manipulated the energies of millions of planets), her Trion feat (where she healed an entire dimension), her galatic wakandan empire feat (where she connected with various energies across the cosmos to take out a large fleet of ships), and her numerous planetary feats (two of which from her solo) i think a case could be made she could terraform on her own. As I mentioned im sure this won't happen as its a team book but she has enough on her resume to support being able to do so without the other omegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    This is great. Honestly, her defensive feats are some of the coolest applications of her powers and I wish we got to see more of them.
    yes agreed! this is the one area where her power displays is vastly underutilized.

I got a reply from Duggan on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...90982410014720

Feel free to join on the train.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I got a reply from Duggan on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...90982410014720

Feel free to join on the train.
    ooohhh immma stay out of that conversation lol but I'm glad it has been respectful so far.