Page 23 of 772 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    really???? you know what ...

umm sometimes i feel like Duggan prefers to write street level characters so it makes me think he feels more comfortable developing this aspect of her, look at how he writes Kate in combat and compare it to any other mutant that doesn’t use H2H.
    The Street level Fighter Goddess is comming!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    umm sometimes i feel like Duggan prefers to write street level characters so it makes me think he feels more comfortable developing this aspect of her, look at how he writes Kate in combat and compare it to any other mutant that doesn’t use H2H.
    You are actually right. Because when I read his Savage Avengers I see WHY he was so excited for this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    You are actually right. Because when I read his Savage Avengers I see WHY he was so excited for this.
    he'll write the issue that Knull Storm and Scott will be in? I'm not ready to see the Goddess jobbing for Deadpool
    Last edited by HeraldOfStorm; 01-12-2021 at 06:27 PM.

BANNED

he'll write the issue that Knull Storm and Scott will be in? I'm not ready to see the Goddess jobbing for Deadpool
    Oh yeah I forgot about that KIB tie in.

Eh, I’m not worried at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    At this point Storm getting any "super impressive" display of mutant, magic or divine power or martial skill feels to me like watching a born in wealth millionaire win the lottery for the Xth time.

We all know she can do these at the snap of her finger and has done so multiple times regardless of odds thrown at her.

She is allready beautifull, smart, charismatic, with a fortified will and unbreakable sense of justice, is a masterfull hand to hand fighter, has the mutant ability to controll any kind of weather anywhere, comes from a lineage of ancient powerfull shamans and sorcerers and is potentialy a living god. Her character has hit so many jackpots by just being herself.

At this point the far more interesting thing to see would be what she can't handle or do. Because that's where the godlike characters usualy get their memorable stories sooner or later.

But for those who enjoy the growing stack of "impressive feats/moments" i hope it really is a good one tomorrow.
    I'm here with you. it's usually when characters pull it out at there lowest when there is nothing left, when the smallest thing they do changes everything that hits me the most.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    A Good One.

You shut up and STAY IN THE BACK!!!!!

Who cares about your Goddess Omega Level Feat. Coates is taking too long to give us full description on how she activates it.

AND I already know you liked it. So be quiet.
    I love seeing Storm mixing it in H2H just as much as her demonstrating creative use of her powers, being influential and charismatic, or being well intetioned but flawed. 4 hrs & 20 min until I can see it! Thanks for the heads up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm here with you. it's usually when characters pull it out at there lowest when there is nothing left, when the smallest thing they do changes everything that hits me the most.
    Absolutely agree. Sometimes the way some of Storms fans hyper up she sounds just like a self-insert perfect super powerful character that nobody can ever beat. Ever.

I like it better when it's a Storm that has to struggle in order to succeed.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lol i just woke up from my mid day bender and this has me laughing out loud, touche butterflyiss, touche.

I mean how you going to take the cup too.
    why thank you lolol. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    At this point Storm getting any "super impressive" display of mutant, magic or divine power or martial skill feels to me like watching a born in wealth millionaire win the lottery for the Xth time.

We all know she can do these at the snap of her finger and has done so multiple times regardless of odds thrown at her.

She is allready beautifull, smart, charismatic, with a fortified will and unbreakable sense of justice, is a masterfull hand to hand fighter, has the mutant ability to controll any kind of weather anywhere, comes from a lineage of ancient powerfull shamans and sorcerers and is potentialy a living god. Her character has hit so many jackpots by just being herself.

At this point the far more interesting thing to see would be what she can't handle or do. Because that's where the godlike characters usualy get their memorable stories sooner or later.

But for those who enjoy the growing stack of "impressive feats/moments" i hope it really is a good one tomorrow.
    a lot of what you mentioned were aspects established very early on in her career. I haven't seen anything about her being a potential god or her being a descendant of a long line of priestess. none of this has been explored in the hickman era. what i have seen however is her depowered twice now to show how effective she can be using h2h skills, we've seen her tired because she was overworked, and we've seen her nearly die because she was infected with a virus. its been all about what she can't do or being inhibited in some fashion to only overcome those hurdles. so we have seen exactly what you described as being more memorable.

that said, where and when have we seen her demonstrate why she is an omega in an xbook? people want Coates to explain how storm is a goddess and what she can do as one in a book she is a guest star in but after over a year i still dont know why storm is an omega other than the datapage in xbooks. maybe I'm in the minority but when I read comics I want to see powerful characters be powerful. in the case of storm I want to see her do these upper end feats because many times she hasn't. let's not forget the terrigen mist saga where a freaking cloud got the best of her. if I wanted to see characters with limited abilities I would read a daredevil or black widow book. let her shine to her fullest for once. for those of you enjoy her limitations i think there are plenty of stories from the past 10 or so years you can find go satiate that desire but since she is sitting at the tables of omegas I want to see why not just in words but in actual feats. I dont think that is too much to ask.

wake me when the omega level feats drop

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

CBR spoiled the surprise. It's a nice little feat. One which I had seen mentioned here, in some iteration a few times well.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

More important than a being "feat", it's a great, emotional scene.

It was okay. I am glad Storm's flying away from this book. I hope the next writer who works with her has a juicer story in mind.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was okay. I am glad Storm's flying away from this book. I hope the next writer who works with her has a juicer story in mind.
    Same. Dropping the book now and will pick it back up for this hyped up Hellfire Gala. After that I'll care about this title as much as I do Excalibur which I've been happily ignoring since before and after XOS.

WOW! that spoilers:
    heart freeze punch
    end of spoilers was hardcore. Like damn!!!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It was cute, but at this point we already been done know she can play electricity and temperature like a fiddle with her mind at vast distances.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I was just about to type this very same thing. I know Marauders is a stealth Kitty Emma solo, but maybe now the writer can at least try to pretend he gives a damn about Pyro, Iceman, and Bishop. It makes no sense how paper thin and irrelevant they have been in this title. I still don't know why Storm was put in this book. But at least she's done with it. She was just treading water in this.