Page 739 of 772 FirstFirst ... 239639689729735736737738739740741742743749 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 11576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I hope we get Gillen and Ewing collaborating and pushing the x-titles going forward. Immortal X-Men and X-Men Red should really be the flagship titles headlining the Destiny of X era not X-Men as much as I enjoy it, it lacks that ambitious push that HoX/PoX, SWORD #1, and Planet Size had.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I hope we get Gillen and Ewing collaborating and pushing the x-titles going forward. Immortal X-Men and X-Men Red should really be the flagship titles headlining the Destiny of X era not X-Men as much as I enjoy it, it lacks that ambitious push that HoX/PoX, SWORD #1, and Planet Size had.
    If they play their cards right xmen red can be revolutionary. I know Ewing can and will do it. .

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    My read is that no one is the "Head of X" at the level Hickman was, but Immortal and adjective less are the flagships. It tracks with the way Gillen referenced Avengers/New Avengers in his interviews and also with Gillen/Duggan being the FCBD writers.

Yh exactly put storm in more esoteric environments let her explore and grow beyond her box. I imagine just like trion she would also merge with the elemental forces of the hyperspace dimension and give her access to powers she never could have dreamed of. I mean Storm's powers even adapt to the astral plane so hyperspace should be snap.

Also this is exactly what I am talking about pertaining to Sue, she was weak as f at first creating only forcefields and becoming invisible, but over the years they have really pushed the boundary of her abilities enabling her to simulate telekinesis, manipulate colour and create weapons out of invisible energy. Infact she is now planetary and can create a planet wide force field something unfathomable for her even 20 years ago. Compare that with storm who has moved from commanding galactic core and trion dimension to lightning lass and gust gal.

Storms mutant abilities allow her to connect to the forces and energies that govern weather universally, when you really think about it almost no energy or force existing naturally doesn't in someway determine weather, hence why she can adapt to any environment or dimension. And from hyperstorm himself the fundamental forces are cosmic patterns of energy emanating from hyperspace. Primal Energy patterns that storm could see and sculpt whilst in the acanti.
    Ororo has so much potential, so much, that I wonder why she hasn't won solo titles? It's time for Marvel to establish her as an editorial Heroine A, although I think it's not until the mutants arrive at the cinema that they'll realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nice drawings yall and like the post dirty!!

and guys there is good news on the horizon for storm fans. weds is going to be a great day for us!!!
    My heart, Butter! i am a cardiac person! jokes aside, this now cheered me up a lot.

A broken throne for a broken land?

But there's nothing broken yet? Ahahaha ayt Sword might end in a memorable way after all...glad to know Id still be able to follow through with just one title or a duo following with immortal....cant wait if there will be an Arakki team -- i mean Kora is already cool addition but yup an entire team with the precision attacks like her is gonna be awesome ahahaha

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post
    love it.
    Oh really, I really look forward to being disgraced by the xoffice tommorow. Let them prove me wrong for once
    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    What a nice little breakfast it was reading the thread this morning! I do hope we feast tomorrow! I don't know about the rest of you but I could definitely use the dose of serotonin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Ororo has so much potential, so much, that I wonder why she hasn't won solo titles? It's time for Marvel to establish her as an editorial Heroine A, although I think it's not until the mutants arrive at the cinema that they'll realize that.

My heart, Butter! i am a cardiac person! jokes aside, this now cheered me up a lot.

I think we all we be happy with this time tomorrow. its going to be a wonderful day friends
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

It about time we had some prominent content.
    I look forward to the X-Red announcement tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    It about time we had some prominent content.
    I look forward to the X-Red announcement tomorrow
    yes me too!!!! its going to be a happy day!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So this is a bit long but bear with me. I have been doing some reaserch and I think I have a way to gauge Storm's abilities as they pertain to the cosmic.

Now this is blackstarr she is a Jew born in Nazi Germany that was tourtured and brainwashed by them. She came to America and worked as a physicist, where she discovered a scientific principle which allowed her to tap into and manipulate the primal cosmic forces of the universe.

Attachment 116392

Just like how storm in space can perceive and manipulate the primal natural forces of the universe.

Attachment 116393

Blackstarr can manipulate these forces to create quasars, meteor showers, black holes, electromagnetism, gravity storms etc. She has nigh unlimited power due to this.

Now I know storm has been toted as a weather manipulator for as long as she has existed... But we as her fans know there is something much deeper than that going on, what if weather is but an aspect to her true mutant abilities. Because I have a theory that due to storm experiencing claustrophobic trauma before the onset of her powers she yearned to breathe hence her powers as they usually do adapted to enable her to govern the very element to breathe air and atmosphere. But as she has done over the years she has demonstrated that her powers adapt to the environment, regardless of whether there is weather or not such as the trion where she manipulated time and space rifts, and in the world where she created a nanobot storm.

She literally experienced sexual assault in the dessert just before her powers manifested and I as a sexual assault survivor knows exactly how suffocating that is. It makes perfect sense why she is able to apply her self to do things beyond weather such as manipulate ocean currents and channel the power of a galactic core a region which has millions of stars, a supper massive blackhole and an unfathomable amount of cosmic energy. Storm absorbed the totality of all that power no problem becoming celestial body for the briefest moment. That is not weather manipulation that is something else entirely something much more profound than even weather manipulation itself. She Saying the cosmic forces gives her material and spiritual sustenance makes me believe that storm doesn't really need air to be able to survive in space but has tricked herself into believing that because of her fear of crushing suffocation. I mean she told silver surfer she does her best work in an atmosphere meanwhile her single greatest mutant feat channeling the galactic core only happened when she surrendered herself to the primal cosmic forces for the briefest moment. This shows how deep this mindset really has her expression of power.

This would be an excellent storyline for storm in xmen red if it is a storm led book where she is told by tarn that she is suppressing aspects of her mutant abilities from fully expressing themselves because of her past trauma. It would make sense the set up is there from sword 8. And would be a perfect way to bring back the more edgier aspects of storm which warrants the new costume due to her now fully and totally engaging with all aspects of her abilities and herself.

Remember black vortex when stork saw her self in the mirror and she was literally going super nova and destroying a planet? I always wondered why was that in her repertoire what has supernovas got to do with weather. Till I realized her power might just go deeper than the weather itself. I mean she herself made this realization in her solo which pushed her to directly manipulate the entire planet's geomagnetic field. Something we all thought was a magneto at his most powerful thing.

But as surely as the sun rises and sets I know this storyline would never cross the mind of the xoffice. So I implore any of the fan fic writer's here to kindly take this idea and give it life. so at least we get the storm story we all truly deserves as her fans, like what Coates was giving us with her divinity. I would like to do it but I don't think I have the writing talent to handle something like this. And a story of this magnitude needs talented writers.
    I need a good artist and you might get what you want. I do have several original ideas for Storm, but I am lacking the desire to write them since Marvel is killing my mood with their moodie stories... Hope SWORD tomorrow to spice things up a bit and show me that bad ass Storm I imagine her to be.

Incredible Member

Dang I wasn't on here for the "god" discussion

One they are different ways of becoming a god.

1. You're born a god with a godhead. Your very nature is divine. You're born with it and it can't be stripped away.
    2. Using technology you can achieve godhood by becoming super powerful like The Maker
    3. Superheros/Mutants/Inhumans and etc can achieve godhood by unlocking their potential. MJJ mutant potential is a omniversal threat.
    4. Use the magic of existence to ascend into godhood. Unlike a born god this can easily be stripped from you. Sorta like Merlin using the energy matrix to ascend into godhood.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love this pic
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Y'all this preview looks like in xmen red we might finally see storm stretch those omega level goddess legs. Hope the run is very successful.

Attachment 116435

Damn you beat me to it.
    That tagline is everything to me.