Page 589 of 772 FirstFirst ... 89489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    can we just pause and take a moment to reflect on the one panel that broke the internet!!!

#queensh!t
    #goddessflex
    I'm not seeing any lies on this panel lolol

can we just pause and take a moment to reflect on the one panel that broke the internet!!!

#queensh!t
    #goddessflex
    I'll never get over posters saying Storm needs to humble herself to Doom and Magneto of all people. It's so ridiculous that I am still struggling how anyone in their right mind could type out such a thing and be serious about it. Lol. So pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I'll never get over posters saying Storm needs to humble herself to Doom and Magneto of all people. It's so ridiculous that I am still struggling how anyone in their right mind could type out such a thing and be serious about it. Lol. So pathetic.
    Some people are afraid of powerful women.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Two new Demon Days covers featuring Storm!

And a variant

Attachment 113880

Excerpt from one of the reviews for TLA: Wakanda
    Well thank you Narcisse -- waiting for Ewing /Ridley to follow along....another hiatus till Sword 8 ugh cant wait!

BANNED

we didn't. just like we ain't come out for sword now its a mess.
    She hasn't been promoted as the lead in Sword though, not counting people who already read it and so know what her current title is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    -Snip-
    Thank you for that thorough breakdown, Mercury. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's always interesting to me that while the characters have clearly moved past and moved on from personal grievances the fans are still stuck toting feelings and resentments, decades later. Assuming Storm and Emma haven't dealt with their past in some manner...how does sitting down and dredging it up now serve any storytelling purpose? Because logically speaking, to get to the point where they're hugging it out over the death of a character they both love and admire means they would have to have come to some easy understanding at least over past transgressions.
    I just assumed stuff like that happened off panel tbh. If we take into consideration everything that has happened between them since then I think it's a relative safe bet to say that Storm has moved beyond what Emma did to her. But I don't think they'll ever really be friends. Not due to Storm holding any real grudges but just because Emma's personality in general is total opposite to Storm, lol.

boom and there it is!!

Like I say, when it comes to me, you get the energy you put out.

yea the event certainly didn't help and the long gaps between each issue really hurts the book.

#queensh!t
    #goddessflex
    One panel of one line in a whole ass book that wasn't even about her. The power she has. The influence she has. The haters she has.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    if Jean wasn't there, the Guardians would kick Emma lolol

I don't really like this phase of the x-mens, and it was one of the first ones I read lol
    I mean it's not really all that surprising that Storm's mental defense is too much for Emma. So the snake guardian almost killing her is pretty accurate imo.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    She hasn't been promoted as the lead in Sword though, not counting people who already read it and so know what her current title is.
    As far as I'm concerned S.W.O.R.D. is still Brand's book. Storm is just a big name in that book due to the Regent status. If Marvel was REALLY serious about going all out for Storm they'd spring shot off this and give her a solo title that deals with all the Regent stuff and maybe even what it means when your name is known throughout the cosmos.

I suppose they could still do it but damn if they aren't dragging their collective feet.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Two new Demon Days covers featuring Storm!

And a variant

Swear I'm serious but in that first cover is that suppose to be a gender swapped Psylocke or is it a new character?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Swear I'm serious but in that first cover is that suppose to be a gender swapped Psylocke or is it a new character?
    Looks like it can be Armour by the looks of the power manifesting. She is Japanese but I'm not sure about the cover it looks conflicting it could be Psylocke.

I'm honestly not sure if its Psylock or Armor tbh.

Storm has been importance-adjacent this entire relaunch. She's on the Council, one of the leaders of Krakoa! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand does almost nothing. Maybe has a few lines reacting to other characters. She helps lead the Marauders! But largely plays second fiddle to Emma. Now she's Queen of Mars! But still hasn't shown up much and is likely being manipulated by Brand.

To put it another way, Storm hasn't had much agency in this relaunch. She'll show up and say something or do a cool thing, but its largely spectacle. She doesn't push plots forward on her own, and instead its characters like Xavier, Magneto, Emma and Beast who have real narrative thrust.

BANNED

Storm has been importance-adjacent this entire relaunch. She's on the Council, one of the leaders of Krakoa! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand does almost nothing. Maybe has a few lines reacting to other characters. She helps lead the Marauders! But largely plays second fiddle to Emma. Now she's Queen of Mars! But still hasn't shown up much and is likely being manipulated by Brand.

To put it another way, Storm hasn't had much agency in this relaunch. She'll show up and say something or do a cool thing, but its largely spectacle. She doesn't push plots forward on her own, and instead its characters like Xavier, Magneto, Emma and Beast who have real narrative thrust.
    Is it wierd that you just put into words what I have been fearing and feeling but couldn't really articulate because I didn't know how to. You just gave flesh to my subconscious thoughts.
    I ain't gonna lie this era has been amazing it gave us official omega status and it gave us a few spectacular feats and storm became queen of Sol. But charachterwise she still feel very unimportant to the big picture and I am still wondering how that even is possible. Like sword is an Abigail brand book, marauders is Kate and Emma and xmen was cyclops and fam now cyclops and Jean, wolverine has 5 solos now xmen unlimited is wolverine extension.

Like storm pops up here and there but generally I hate to say it you could take ororo out of the entire era and the entire story won't really change and a reality warper could easily have conjured up the mars climate and well brand is the voice of Sol when you really think about it.

I had this nagging feeling and I simply couldn't place it. it intensified this week when I read last annihilation wakanda for some reason but became solidified in the sword 11 solicit. STORM IS A TOKEN, AGAIN!

And we are falling for it because she says cool stuff here and There and she has some fancy new titles. But she is still ultimately unimportant. Like you said Emma, beast, cyclops, jean, xavier, magneto, hell even mystique are more important to the mythos than her and are actually doing something storywise yet storm is queen of Sol and ohk? I am really hoping Ewing turns this around but I don't think even he set out to write a storm centric story he set out to write a brand centric story I don't even think storm being in sword was the original intent. If memory serves me right Hickman said covid changed the plans they had for her.

But as at now even as queen of Sol she still feels like a token to the story of mutantkind, the only council member less "useful" to the plot than her is exodus the rest are all making power moves.

But I don't think they actually thought things out with storm being pivotal in any way. And I feel we have been deluding ourselves that they did or they do.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 09-17-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Looks like it can be Armour by the looks of the power manifesting. She is Japanese but I'm not sure about the cover it looks conflicting it could be Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Is it wierd that you just put into words what I have been fearing and feeling but couldn't really articulate because I didn't know how to. You just gave flesh to my subconscious thoughts.
    I ain't gonna lie this era has been amazing it gave us official omega status and it gave us a few spectacular feats and storm became queen of Sol. But charachterwise she still feel very unimportant to the big picture and I am still wondering how that even is possible. Like sword is an Abigail brand book, marauders is Kate and Emma and xmen was cyclops and fam now cyclops and Jean, wolverine has 5 solos now xmen unlimited is wolverine extension.

Like storm pops up here and there but generally I hate to say it you could take ororo out of the entire era and the entire story won't really change and a reality warper could easily have conjured up the mars climate and well brand is the voice of Sol when you really think about it.

I had this nagging feeling and I simply couldn't place it. it intensified this week when I read last annihilation wakanda for some reason but became solidified in the sword 11 solicit. STORM IS A TOKEN, AGAIN!

And we are falling for it because she says cool stuff here and There and she has some fancy new titles. But she is still ultimately unimportant. Like you said Emma, beast, cyclops, jean, xavier, magneto, hell even mystique are more important to the mythos than her and are actually doing something storywise yet storm is queen of Sol and ohk? I am really hoping Ewing turns this around but I don't think even he set out to write a storm centric story he set out to write a brand centric story I don't even think storm being in sword was the original intent. If memory serves me right Hickman said covid changed the plans they had for her.

But as at now even as queen of Sol she still feels like a token to the story of mutantkind, the only council member less "useful" to the plot than her is exodus the rest are all making power moves.

But I don't think they actually thought things out with storm being pivotal in any way. And I feel we have been deluding ourselves that they did or they do.
    I'm agreeing with all of this but the optimistic side of me is really hoping they haven't set all this up just to keep Storm a background character.
    Last edited by Subliminally; 09-17-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm not seeing any lies on this panel lolol
    not one single lie was told lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    its very pathetic but I think its due to lashing out because the narrative many of those readers posed was she wasn't on the caliber of doom and/or magneto. to now see marvel embrace the alternative position it must be jarring for them. that said, its pathetic but not entirely unexpected lol.

Thank you for that thorough breakdown, Mercury. Much appreciated.

I just assumed stuff like that happened off panel tbh. If we take into consideration everything that has happened between them since then I think it's a relative safe bet to say that Storm has moved beyond what Emma did to her. But I don't think they'll ever really be friends. Not due to Storm holding any real grudges but just because Emma's personality in general is total opposite to Storm, lol.

One panel of one line in a whole ass book that wasn't even about her. The power she has. The influence she has. The haters she has.

I mean it's not really all that surprising that Storm's mental defense is too much for Emma. So the snake guardian almost killing her is pretty accurate imo.
    yes yes yes boo. you always stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    thats very true its very much so Abigail so good and fair point
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I'm agreeing with all of this but the optimistic side of me is really hoping they haven't set all this up just to keep Storm a background character.

When I say that the post didn't give me an epiphany then I will be lying. It's like everything just clicked finally why storm gets so few panels of dialogue and is essentially glorified wall paper.

A twitter user once tweeted that we storm fans make big deals over very little and the xoffice has picked up on that so to appease they would throw us bones then go on to tell the story the actually want to tell, I laughed it off before but now it feels a bit too real.

I love that some of us are still optimistic things will change eventually with a future movie release. But now? Nothing in the plot indicates storm would move it in anyway except inherit all the rest their **** ups. Like the entire era is basically magneto was right and we must see if we can rule the universe. This is ultimately magneto story his era.
    I don't know why they didn't just simply give him the crown which is already on his head... The whole regent thing when I think about it coupled with the statements that Hickman said coupled with black lives matter protest last summer suddenly makes storm being in charge very fishy to me.
    Like Duggan patting himself on the back for marauders #20 as if he did something worthwhile with storm when marauders was almost as bad as xmen gold in terms of treatment of storm also puts this into perspective.

In COTA she was an exulted mammy all over again. Like aside make a speech how did COTA advance Storm's charachter? The biggest charachter defining moments in this era came from giant size where she says no to resurection yet we don't get to delve deeper into how hypocritical it sounds coming from one who champions the resurected as heroes and announces them like a high priest.

Like best case scenario storm becomes integral to the plot eventually but has to clean up everyone's mess like she is their mammy worst case scenario, well, we are living it, token storm!

Now my obligatory I hope and believe Ewing changes things or does something better statement.