Page 590 of 772 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640690 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I hear the girls are talking about me on Twitter now. why are some so triggered by my appreciation of storm and only her lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I hear the girls are talking about me on Twitter now. why are some so triggered by my appreciation of storm and only her lolol
    Well that's the toxically wonderful thing about Twitter, everyone can say anything with very little repercussions.

yes yes yes boo. you always stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    When I say that the post didn't give me an epiphany then I will be lying. It's like everything just clicked finally why storm gets so few panels of dialogue and is essentially glorified wall paper.

A twitter user once tweeted that we storm fans make big deals over very little and the xoffice has picked up on that so to appease they would throw us bones then go on to tell the story the actually want to tell, I laughed it off before but now it feels a bit too real.

I love that some of us are still optimistic things will change eventually with a future movie release. But now? Nothing in the plot indicates storm would move it in anyway except inherit all the rest their **** ups. Like the entire era is basically magneto was right and we must see if we can rule the universe. This is ultimately magneto story his era.
    I don't know why they didn't just simply give him the crown which is already on his head... The whole regent thing when I think about it coupled with the statements that Hickman said coupled with black lives matter protest last summer suddenly makes storm being in charge very fishy to me.
    Like Duggan patting himself on the back for marauders #20 as if he did something worthwhile with storm when marauders was almost as bad as xmen gold in terms of treatment of storm also puts this into perspective.

In COTA she was an exulted mammy all over again. Like aside make a speech how did COTA advance Storm's charachter? The biggest charachter defining moments in this era came from giant size where she says no to resurection yet we don't get to delve deeper into how hypocritical it sounds coming from one who champions the resurected as heroes and announces them like a high priest.

Like best case scenario storm becomes integral to the plot eventually but has to clean up everyone's mess like she is their mammy worst case scenario, well, we are living it, token storm!

Now my obligatory I hope and believe Ewing changes things or does something better statement.
    All facts. I'll be honest, all my eggs are in Ewing's basket. If he drops the ball here then I think I'll be taking a break from the X-Men.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Well that's the toxically wonderful thing about Twitter, everyone can say anything with very little repercussions.

All facts. I'll be honest, all my eggs are in Ewing's basket. If he drops the ball here then I think I'll be taking a break from the X-Men.
    oh I don't mind its actually quite hilarious that my post here and abroad have so many fandoms triggered.

at any rate you loves have a great weekend!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mercury speaking as if she were Storm's best fan, the most correct one, lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    oh I see you saw it too lolol the hilarity of it all lol

Forgot to share here. Just a royal dance.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm honestly not sure if its Psylock or Armor tbh.

Storm has been importance-adjacent this entire relaunch. She's on the Council, one of the leaders of Krakoa! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand does almost nothing. Maybe has a few lines reacting to other characters. She helps lead the Marauders! But largely plays second fiddle to Emma. Now she's Queen of Mars! But still hasn't shown up much and is likely being manipulated by Brand.

To put it another way, Storm hasn't had much agency in this relaunch. She'll show up and say something or do a cool thing, but its largely spectacle. She doesn't push plots forward on her own, and instead its characters like Xavier, Magneto, Emma and Beast who have real narrative thrust.
    Storm is never going to drive the narrative or be a big player in Xmen ever again. That officially became clear and definitive to me during Schism. The editors simply have no desire or ability to give her that kind of agency, nor any minority for that matter. But if they are going to keep her around, even as window dressing, I have to take what I can get I guess. The Regent of Sol is the first development in a long time that has potential to be very interesting. It's rife with possibility. So even if she doesn't drive the story, it can still be good for the character so I too am optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Forgot to share here. Just a royal dance.

I love this JWatson.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    I love this JWatson.
    Thanks appreciate it.

How it ended up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The x-offices have always been and continue to be deeply racist. Storm is just a token. Ewing was fine on Ultimates but wrote Monica like a moron with no interest in understanding her powers. I have zero faith Storm will do anything. They turned Monet into her penance form because of course, Bishop does nothing and neither does any other character of color. I'm over it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    The x-offices have always been and continue to be deeply racist. Storm is just a token. Ewing was fine on Ultimates but wrote Monica like a moron with no interest in understanding her powers. I have zero faith Storm will do anything. They turned Monet into her penance form because of course, Bishop does nothing and neither does any other character of color. I'm over it.
    You would think we would have an Asian omega with the sheer number of Asians we have in the world but nope... Guess the xgene is racist as well as queerphobic since it seems to like bequeath mainly straight white men with absolute power and a fetish for redhead too. Well that's ironic considering mutants are a metaphor for queer and black people but ohk.

I keep wondering that If the 2020 BLM protest never happened what would have become of storm would she have stuck with the marauders? For some reason I feel like she would have been. Like there must be a sacrifice before charachters of color are given long past due attention attention.

All in all it's like I expected it or at least my suspicions to be deepened to an uncomfortable degree. It's wierd and I don't like it but it's true unless we get more writers of could in that office we would just get more of this but with pandering.

I really hope sword 8 proves me wrong so this feeling gets tempered.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 09-18-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If Marvel is as deeply and pervasively racist as some are claiming it to be (with others agreeing) then we really should be boycotting the company as a whole.
    Supporting Marvel at this point would be tantamount to every reader of colour giving their bank account number to the KKK.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If Marvel is as deeply and pervasively racist as some are claiming it to be (with others agreeing) then we really should be boycotting the company as a whole.
    Supporting Marvel at this point would be tantamount to every reader of colour giving their bank account number to the KKK.
    Don't do that. Why do people act like racism means thinking like the KKK? By instantly comparing it to the KKK, you're saying the minority is being overdramatic.

That's my least favorite type of white liberal. If you call them out on something "minor", they instantly bring up the worst of racism in order to downplay their own actions.

Example, this is a response I've often heard...
    "So what if I have preferences. I voted for Obama. Shouldn't you be out challenging real racists like the KKK?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I've never said nor implied that I am "Storm's best fan." What a ludicrous thing to claim I am suggesting or to for anyone to even consider saying about oneself, lol. However, she is one of my favorite characters, and I have both praised and defended her on these boards, contrary to the claims of some. It truly is a shame that I cannot participate in this thread as often as I would like due to this compulsive and rather obsessive need of a very few to drag my favorite character through the mud with claims based on biases, contortions, and one-sided vendettas.

EDIT: Also, I was somewhat shocked and saddened by the fact that a few people on Twitter seem to know about a particular poster on here who is prone to not only bashing Jean and her fans but also other characters and their fans. They find said poster "strange." Unfortunately, I cannot say that I disagree...

Last edited by Mercury; 09-18-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

No downplaying of any actions or words...I used the KKK as an example of a deeply racist organisation, because such an accusation against the X-Office and thereby Marvel, isn't "minor". Calling out racism on any level is certainly not an overdramatic action. I'm taking the Poster at his word and asking a question...

It wasn't implied that only certain persons in the company or the X-Office are racists (though, I'm sure there are such).
    "The X-offices have always been and continue to be deeply racist"...that is a statement of professed fact. So my straightforward question here is if that is what's generally and genuinely believed, (because Storm isn't front and centre or there are no Asian Omegas or Synch hasn't had his variant solo cover yet) given how strongly pro-equality a lot of us are why would/should we still continue to be giving our money to this company?

Instead of deflecting how about just answering the question? Or not...?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-18-2021 at 08:33 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!