Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
While what Storm achieved was impressive in technicality, the way it was written and shown was very underwhelming imo. She’s creating the climate but can’t have more than one text box to talk about it? And the panel is just lightning… I would have loved to see wind and energy patterns and whatnot. Meanwhile, Jean didn’t technically do much, but her presence was much stronger in this issue than Storm, and had multiple full panels and text boxes dedicated to what she was doing. It just the way Storm was written did not reflect the magnitude of what she achieved. To any casual reader, it’s no more impressive than the one panel dedicated to Iceman or to Vulcan or to Proteus. Plus, in the last full-text pages, they can mention Iceman freezing the surface but can’t throw in a mention to Storm? Mmhm if they wanted her to have created the magnetosphere they should have mentioned it imo.
I agree with your first point. I made a summary statement a few pages back. visually it would have been nice to see the atmosphere on a global scale going from one that was "dead" to one starting to stir with clouds, life, and mobility.