Page 449 of 772 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    "I am not a goddess Candra...."
    It's not her fault Xavier decided to rip her away from her birthright to play hero. In my head canon she would have sent him all the way back to New York on a Jetstream. #bai

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yassssss! I literally just had a debate with someone who tried to argue storm was always a goddess in the xbooks. no honey they made an effort to show that she wasn't.

the power of coates!
    How many books, writers, scans, is it going to take to finally get people convinced? Is Gaea herself going to need to bow down before people GET. IT. ?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I don't know why many people didn't notice this more. Storm killed 2 birds with one stone! She was black and a woman with the added bonus that her white hair and usual lightning flare made her almost impossible to miss in terms of marketing. Yet, she never did anything at all.
    Well...It's not as though...
    1: The X-Offices and Marvel, weren't under really poor management throughout the 90s-00's...Storm wasn't the only character they neglected.
    2: Storm isn't the be-all and end-all of the X-Men/X-Offices (despite what Claremont thinks). They do have ALL the other mutants to write.
    3: Other writers...Whedon, Fraction, etc had/have their pet characters who they preferred to write. No biggie. It happens.
    4: Some writers just don't care about Storm...the way some don't care about Jean, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Lorna or any mutant not in their story.

So Storm wasn't the "face" of Mutants after Claremont left...So what...?
    Did her fans all stop reading the X-Men? No.
    Did sales suddenly decline to cancellation levels? Not immediately and for different reasons.
    Did the quality of the writing deteriorate? Yes. But that's entirely on the writers not the characters.
    Fact is, despite her absence in the X-books while she was off being Queen of Wakanda...those eras (Fracktion, Whedon, Morisson) are beloved and lauded.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

How many books, writers, scans, is it going to take to finally get people convinced? Is Gaea herself going to need to bow down before people GET. IT. ?
    I think they were trying to invalidate what coates had done by mentioning she was always a goddess. they were making the case being in BP didn't help the character.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Well...It's not as though...
    1: The X-Offices and Marvel, weren't under really poor management throughout the 90s-00's...Storm wasn't the only character they neglected.
    2: Storm isn't the be-all and end-all of the X-Men/X-Offices (despite what Claremont thinks). They do have ALL the other mutants to write.
    3: Other writers...Whedon, Fraction, etc had/have their pet characters who they preferred to write. No biggie. It happens.
    4: Some writers just don't care about Storm...the way some don't care about Jean, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Lorna or any mutant not in their story.

So Storm wasn't the "face" of Mutants after Claremont left...So what...?
    Did her fans all stop reading the X-Men? No.
    Did sales suddenly decline to cancellation levels? Not immediately and for different reasons.
    Did the quality of the writing deteriorate? Yes. But that's entirely on the writers not the characters.
    Fact is, despite her absence in the X-books while she was off being Queen of Wakanda...those eras (Fracktion, Whedon, Morisson) are beloved and lauded.
    What are you even going on about? I was agreeing with Storm being a token for the X-books.

I think they were trying to invalidate what coates had done by mentioning she was always a goddess. they were making the case being in BP didn't help the character.
    I guess if that helps them sleep better at night?

I guess if that helps them sleep better at night?
    exactly they are reaching because they don't like the pairing. but its silly to blame hudljn for her decline in the xbooks. that resided with the xoffices
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What are you even going on about? I was agreeing with Storm being a token for the X-books.
    I was just pointing out that the tokenism theory is only a very small part of the issue.
    I didn't miss Storm in the X-books because I was reading her in Black Panther...and if nothing else no one can say Hudlin treated her as a token character. Every story may not have revolved around her but to expect that was foolish because it's not her book.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-02-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

exactly they are reaching because they don't like the pairing. but its silly to blame hudljn for her decline in the xbooks. that resided with the xoffices
    Her decline in the X-Franchise to me, started with Lobdell. Hudlin tried to lift her out of the mediocrity of the X-Universe (with hit or miss stories).
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Her decline in the X-Franchise to me, started with Lobdell. Hudlin tried to lift her out of the mediocrity of the X-Universe
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!! honey you are absolutely correct. the shift from Claremont to Lobdell was glaringly obvious. why do some storm fans not see this and try to pin it on hudlin?

yes!!!!!!!!!!!! honey you are absolutely correct. the shift from Claremont to Lobdell was glaringly obvious. why do some storm fans not see this and try to pin it on hudlin?
    This is when I knew Lobdell was about to start some bullshit and move Storm a back-up singer.
    Attachment 112094
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Exactatiously.

Post Claremont...the X-Offices just were not interested in her, regardless of how "important" Claremont had made her up until his departure.

BANNED

You took the words right out of my mouth I was reading post and going HUH?!

Maybe if some of us could see past the conspiracy theories and look at the bigger picture...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by devaishwarya View Post
    maybe if some of us could see past the conspiracy theories and look at the bigger picture...
    .........k!