Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1720
  1. #571
    Incredible Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Individuals from real-world marginalized groups are easily capable of being dangerous and causing harm to others. That doesn't justify living in constant fear of them or committing genocide against them. How does he not realize how dumb his logic sounds?

  2. #572
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    in which issue he gonna write Storm?
    black in king issue 1 the black panther issue to drop on black history month.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Individuals from real-world marginalized groups are easily capable of being dangerous and causing harm to others. That doesn't justify living in constant fear of them or committing genocide against them. How does he not realize how dumb his logic sounds?
    HELLO!!!! and preach!!! everything about that post is so tone deaf. it was the same type of language used against black people and specifically black men that justified the crime bill in 90s. That in itself was egregious but then you see how much the writer doesn't like mutants, which I knew prior to this, but this reminder just troubles me seeing he is writing storm in this book next month. hopefully editorial protects her from any biases he may have going in with this story.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #573
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    He's not "writing mutants" (just that one issue of Black Panther KiB) so...y'alls can treat those Savage X Fenty with more respect and unknot. unbunch and untwist them.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa and Arakko, FOREVER!!!

  4. #574
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    black in king issue 1 the black panther issue to drop on black history month.
    Thanks.....

  5. #575
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Thanks.....
    you're welcome boo! fingers crossed this writer who thinks there should be no more mutants doesn't do our girl dirty.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #576
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just in case he deletes this tweet. the children are rightfully going in. under no circumstances should a writer who hold such thoughts write anything xmen related, let alone storm.

    Attachment 105014
    My, my, my!

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    HELLO!!!! and preach!!! everything about that post is so tone deaf. it was the same type of language used against black people and specifically black men that justified the crime bill in 90s. That in itself was egregious but then you see how much the writer doesn't like mutants, which I knew prior to this, but this reminder just troubles me seeing he is writing storm in this book next month. hopefully editorial protects her from any biases he may have going in with this story.
    Maybe they should have more Black males(and other poc male and females) on Krakoa.

  7. #577
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Maybe they should have more Black males(and other poc male and females) on Krakoa.
    you will not get any arguments with me there. the definitely need more black men in meaningful roles.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #578
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,190

    Default

    So we promoting black love for Coates work while tearing down another writer for having a varying opinion before even reading his actual paid work. Well ok. I just. wow. A writer may be a part of their work but they aren't their work, just because someone personally as a black person takes legitmate offense to a bunch of white faced mutants running around being oppressed when there are real black people struggling and you have mediums like fox bascially hiding behind that in their xmen movies to promote white acceptance but having like no significant mutants of color and truly exploring what it means to be discriminated against doesn't mean that person can't or won't write a good story with a mutant in it. Sadly though, i'm not surprised by what i see happening here.

    That there, must be foreign black love.

    and i just needed to edit again because i realize people do and don't like stuff but this just seems really low to me to go off someone personal opinion and attack their work before you even see it. I mean yes words have consequences but equating a thought to a fictional group by a person who has more than likely lived whats on the pages. I mean wow. At least when we talk about coates it's based on his work.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-19-2021 at 05:27 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  9. #579
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    12,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So we promoting black love for Coates work while tearing down another writer for having a varying opinion before even reading his actual paid work. Well ok. I just. wow. A writer may be a part of their work but they aren't their work, just because someone personally as a black person takes legitmate offense to a bunch of white faced mutants running around being oppressed when there are real black people struggling and you have mediums like fox bascially hiding behind that in their xmen movies to promote white acceptance but having like no significant mutants of color and truly exploring what it means to be discriminated against doesn't mean that person can't or won't write a good story with a mutant in it. Sadly though, i'm not surprised by what i see happening here.

    That there, must be foreign black love.

    and i just needed to edit again because i realize people do and don't like stuff but this just seems really low to me to go off someone personal opinion and attack their work before you even see it. I mean yes words have consequences but equating a thought to a fictional group by a person who has more than likely lived whats on the pages. I mean wow. At least when we talk about coates it's based on his work.
    Kinda reminds me of Priest and Black Panther. He didn't want to write Black Panther initially because he didn't want to be the typecast as the "Black character" writer.

    Then he went on to write the seminal run of BP because he was a professional.

  10. #580
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So we promoting black love for Coates work while tearing down another writer for having a varying opinion before even reading his actual paid work. Well ok. I just. wow. A writer may be a part of their work but they aren't their work, just because someone personally as a black person takes legitmate offense to a bunch of white faced mutants running around being oppressed when there are real black people struggling and you have mediums like fox bascially hiding behind that in their xmen movies to promote white acceptance but having like no significant mutants of color and truly exploring what it means to be discriminated against doesn't mean that person can't or won't write a good story with a mutant in it. Sadly though, i'm not surprised by what i see happening here.

    That there, must be foreign black love.

    and i just needed to edit again because i realize people do and don't like stuff but this just seems really low to me to go off someone personal opinion and attack their work before you even see it. I mean yes words have consequences but equating a thought to a fictional group by a person who has more than likely lived whats on the pages. I mean wow. At least when we talk about coates it's based on his work.
    This has nothing to do with black love. You've been here enough to know that people on this board get sensitive when it comes to the X-men and what the Scarlet Witch did. "Wanda was right" in reference to her genocide is a bold statement. Had Butterflykyss had made a post for this tweet in the general forum and not Storm's thread, the responses would be the same

  11. #581
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This has nothing to do with black love. You've been here enough to know that people on this board get sensitive when it comes to the X-men and what the Scarlet Witch did. "Wanda was right" in reference to her genocide is a bold statement. Had Butterflykyss had made a post for this tweet in the general forum and not Storm's thread, the responses would be the same
    It has a lot to do with it for me when you are promoting black love, and talking up one black writer just because you have a preference for his writing but are talking down or making insinuations about another before his work is even released. And i can't speak for everyone else only myself and what it makes me think of because objectively i can see in some sense those who may say Wanda was right. Those who may have lost a loved one to a mutant manifestation, or those who may be oppressed for real and seeing those around them taking advantage of systems they are trying to get from under. I believe in a lot of grey area but you know when wrong is wrong.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  12. #582
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It has a lot to do with it for me when you are promoting black love, and talking up one black writer just because you have a preference for his writing but are talking down or making insinuations about another before his work is even released. And i can't speak for everyone else only myself and what it makes me think of because objectively i can see in some sense those who may say Wanda was right. Those who may have lost a loved one to a mutant manifestation, or those who may be oppressed for real and seeing those around them taking advantage of systems they are trying to get from under. I believe in a lot of grey area but you know when wrong is wrong.
    I strongly disagree. There is no rationale way to view her as right IMO. Yes people have died and or been hurt by mutants (Magneto and any number of villians). That does not make it okay to commit genocide of nearly 90% of that group, most of whom were innocent. And she didnt do it as some altruistic act to protect and stick up for the average human thats been hurt. She was crazy and wanted to hurt Magneto. There was nothing right about what she did or her motivations behind it

  13. #583
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So we promoting black love for Coates work while tearing down another writer for having a varying opinion before even reading his actual paid work. Well ok. I just. wow. A writer may be a part of their work but they aren't their work, just because someone personally as a black person takes legitmate offense to a bunch of white faced mutants running around being oppressed when there are real black people struggling and you have mediums like fox bascially hiding behind that in their xmen movies to promote white acceptance but having like no significant mutants of color and truly exploring what it means to be discriminated against doesn't mean that person can't or won't write a good story with a mutant in it. Sadly though, i'm not surprised by what i see happening here.

    That there, must be foreign black love.

    and i just needed to edit again because i realize people do and don't like stuff but this just seems really low to me to go off someone personal opinion and attack their work before you even see it. I mean yes words have consequences but equating a thought to a fictional group by a person who has more than likely lived whats on the pages. I mean wow. At least when we talk about coates it's based on his work.
    1.) What did the tweet i posted have to do with black love?
    2.) Where was the writer personally attacked? He made an egregious post and his remarks were criticized, not the person who made them.
    3.) The writer said that Wanda was right and there should be no more mutants all while writing Storm in a book to drop next month. Those are the facts.
    4.) Pointing to the facts as expressed in point 3 and then being a concerned storm fan is not tearing a write down but responding reasonably to the words that came from the writer's fingers.
    5.) Therefore based upon the fact he doesn't like mutants and is writing Storm i don't need to read the issue to express any concern in the regard.

    I seriously don't know if posts I make are purposely distorted to elicit a response or if what is posted is done with sincerity. Either way the point of the post was entirely missed as shown by starting the dialog with "black love."
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #584
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I strongly disagree. There is no rationale way to view her as right IMO. Yes people have died and or been hurt by mutants (Magneto and any number of villians). That does not make it okay to commit genocide of nearly 90% of that group, most of whom were innocent. And she didnt do it as some altruistic act to protect and stick up for the average human thats been hurt. She was crazy and wanted to hurt Magneto. There was nothing right about what she did or her motivations behind it
    absolutely correct. now take a writer who holds these opinions that Wanda was right and there should be no more mutants because they are "dangerous" and the same writer is penning storm in an upcoming issue. it seems very logical that a storm fan would be concerned with this.

    and I STILL dont know what the heck any of this has to do with black love lol. please make it make sense!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  15. #585
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,190

    Default

    Yes there is a way. Ultimately these are fictional characters so putting any level of real level emotion onto the actis of violence they commit is actually honestly a little different and weird to me. i mean talking about it for conversations purpose is one thing but attributing it to a perosn who was actually oppressed in real life who has actually lived a life of fear and discrimination to what some writer put down on paper and coming for his personal thouhts, for me, seems low. I could be completely wrong, i admit it, but it is what it is. I'm done now.

    And one last thing and i'm out for a while. if you don't understand what my post has to do with black love please stop using it because you don't know what your talking about. It sounds cute to you i guess but black love is a community not a couple.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-19-2021 at 05:59 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •