Page 190 of 772 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hmm. I always saw it as shiny/reflective black as a variation of her Outback look.

Black, silver or white it's still my least favourite Storm costume.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-08-2021 at 12:40 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    When we lost Claremont we lost many things we used to take for granted as x-men fans, some of us didn’t know how good we had it compared to other comics
    I actually discovered Claremont storm much later in life. I started back from the very first issue of xmen and worked my way up to giant size. his stories were so captivating. I seriously couldn't stop reading. when I got to lobdell it was definitely a shift in the wrong direction. that said looking in hindsight his work i think was definitely taken for granted though I know many fans did like the 90s period.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

ok the preview of CotA looks decent, I'll give the book a chance despite how much I hate the babysitter role that the X-office throws at Storm.

We definitely need a chronological costume gallery all in one picture, I’m just now remembering stuff from the outback era
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    ok the preview of CotA looks decent, I'll give the book a chance despite how much I hate the babysitter role that the X-office throws at Storm.
    someone on the preview thread said perfectly what I felt about it. I'm tired of the forced avengers versus xmen stuff. storm came off like a b!tch for no reason.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually discovered Claremont storm much later in life. I started back from the very first issue of xmen and worked my way up to giant size. his stories were so captivating. I seriously couldn't stop reading. when I got to lobdell it was definitely a shift in the wrong direction. that said looking in hindsight his work i think was definitely taken for granted though I know many fans did like the 90s period.
    I saw the focus in the 90’s slowly shift to the usual straight white male audience and it was painful, classic Claremont spoiled me and I didn’t even realize it until it was too late.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

someone on the preview thread said perfectly what I felt about it. I'm tired of the forced avengers versus xmen stuff. storm came off like a b!tch for no reason.
    Cap face is showing a disdain I don’t like either

I saw the focus in the 90’s slowly shift to the usual straight white male audience and it was painful, classic Claremont spoiled me and I didn’t even realize it until it was too late.
    he definitely did show the women a lot of love which he did before it became a thing like it is now. I deficiency agree with you here. the good thing is he set the standard high enough so that we don't accept anything less from writers who have come after him.

Cap face is showing a disdain I don’t like either
    yeah they all were jerks for no reason. haven't these competent heroes anything from avx, ivx, etc.,? It's old and been bludgeoned to death. no thanks but I'm over these same tired beats as it relates to the all-goddess.

So now there is a problem with Ororo being direct with Cap and Carol and them when they are walking into their home making demands and assumptions. What happened to hello, how are you. There is a matter we would like to discuss. What happened to respect?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

I'm also a bit tired of this but we have to accept that the writers will always make these types of confrontations happen, but I just hope that the X-Mens will not be harmed as usual.
    honestly I didn't mind how Storm approached the avengers, to be honest I enjoyed seeing her putting Steve in his place. She probably saw the discussion from a distance and thought things could go further, so I can understand why she was more incisive in approach.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So now there is a problem with Ororo being direct with Cap and Carol and them when they are walking into their home making demands and assumptions. What happened to hello, how are you. There is a matter we would like to discuss. What happened to respect?
    This, I also wouldn't have the best reaction if someone I don't even have a relationship with comes to my house and tells me what I would have to do and how I should do it in a passive-aggressive tone.
    Storm wasn't wrong.

This, I also wouldn't have the best reaction if someone I don't even have a relationship with comes to my house and tells me what I would have to do and how I should do it in a passive-aggressive tone.
    Storm wasn't wrong.
    I wonder how cap would react if a group of x-men walked into the un or some embassy with no appointment or anything in costume like We need to speak with the president of the United States. But at the same time i don't think anyone can tell me it was out of character. Whereas over in avengers when Storm was in their home during Phoenix she respected that and left which some said at the time she should have stayed around and i defended that she didn't because it was a sign of respect and where she stood.

And here i thought people didn't want mami storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm also a bit tired of this but we have to accept that the writers will always make these types of confrontations happen, but I just hope that the X-Mens will not be harmed as usual.
    honestly I didn't mind how Storm approached the avengers, to be honest I enjoyed seeing her putting Steve in his place. She probably saw the discussion from a distance and thought things could go further, so I can understand why she was more incisive in approach.

Its the same ole tired arse story beats we've been getting since the first avengers versus the xmen during the 80s. I'm just over this personally and don't get off by seeing storm being bitchy. when she got Xavier told for asking her to steal for him, that was boss. when she told cyclops she was juror judge and executioner that was boss. call me storm, after all the times they have fought together is just unnecessary imho

these people have worked alongside each other for years, I mean they just fought against the knull together and now she wants cap to refer to her as "ororo?" they didn't make any demands other than to speak to Xavier and it went downhill from there. its forced friction which vita seems to do regularly.

Astonishing Member

I wonder how cap would react if a group of x-men walked into the un or some embassy with no appointment or anything in costume like We need to speak with the president of the United States. But at the same time i don't think anyone can tell me it was out of character. Whereas over in avengers when Storm was in their home during Phoenix she respected that and left which some said at the time she should have stayed around and i defended that she didn't because it was a sign of respect and where she stood.

And here i thought people didn't want mami storm.
    I’d like to think there’s more space for Storm’s characterization than mami and being a needlessly aggressive black woman, which is a stereotype onto itself if that’s the direction people are going in lol. Storm seemed combative for no real reason, I don’t think the Avengers had any malice in their heart, they were trying to avoid an international incident by informing Krakoa that their supposed citizens are at risk due to going against an American law. A law that affects all young heroes. I don’t see Storm’s point like the avengers are favoring the Champions or how denouncing the law as it applies to them is saying it’s ok for the law to only apply to mutants. Seemed like she was trying to imply complicity and bigotry when the Avengers actions indicate the opposite. Vita seems to have a thing for contrived conflict lol I get what she was going for but Storm came off looking very weak as only the small minded and insecure project motivations onto others when they come in good faith.