Page 322 of 772 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I think when we dig into exactly what occurred all that would be required to make and sustain an atmosphere of a planet that is impressive.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    guys check this out. storm did a lot more than I think we realize;

she would have had to establish the magneticsphere to hold the atmosphere, as well as clear out the radiation, outside of making breathable air.

she didn't tire or break a sweat. she truly is the omegas omega!
    Like I said she wasn't only moving the sky but the deep earth below. Planetary magnetic fields are formed from movement of the core doing fast enough to create electricity which in turn creates magnetic fields. The description stated that the planets heart thrums below her as her lightning reings on high. Basically creating global magnetic fields to shield the entire planet. Then she would have to move the molecules of the elements bonding them measuring the amount of gas ratios in the atmosphere, setting up the carbon, nitrogen and water cycle among others... She would also need to regulate the global temperature and the convection systems of the mantle to control the varying thermal gradients and the natural disasters, she would also not only set up the heat stream but also the ocean currents among many many many other things, if you read the begining you see that storm was already at work and that by the time elixr was going to heal the planet with xilo she was done hence they could breathe.

guys check this out. storm did a lot more than I think we realize;

she would have had to establish the magneticsphere to hold the atmosphere, as well as clear out the radiation, outside of making breathable air.

she didn't tire or break a sweat. she truly is the omegas omega!

Unfortunately she did not establish/create the magnetosphere - that was Magneto who added more iron and nickel to the depleted core, and Proteus and Hope (?) jump started melting the additional iron ore so that it would spin and create the magnetosphere and gravity. By creating the molten core and possibility of magma and active volcanism, this paved the way for Ororo to use the gasses derived from the active volcanism to recreate atmosphere in a quicker time span than hundreds of thousands of years. Still an impressive feat, but again: she is being trotted out as a special mare to wow the audience at a horse show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Of course it was impressive. It was a whole freakin' planet. Some have been saying that she is fully capable of doing exactly this...and now that she's done it...it's boring, and unimpressive because she's not taking charge managing and directing Erik, Jean and Iceman and everybody else on what to do with their powers and how to do it.

If that was the expectation...clearly the point of this particular issue and its participants was lost on some.
    I actually dig that it happened like this it showed how hard they as a species were working towards their future and it gave the omegas a chance to inspire hope into their fellow mutants. It was beautiful and what storm did though immensely important was part of a very fitting ensemble.... I hate to say it but Duggan has me being a little optimistic with what's to come.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Like I said she wasn't only moving the sky but the deep earth below. Planetary magnetic fields are formed from movement of the core doing fast enough to create electricity which in turn creates magnetic fields. The description stated that the planets heart thrums below her as her lightning reings on high. Basically creating global magnetic fields to shield the entire planet. Then she would have to move the molecules of the elements bonding them measuring the amount of gas ratios in the atmosphere, setting up the carbon, nitrogen and water cycle among others... She would also need to regulate the global temperature and the convection systems of the mantle to control the varying thermal gradients and the natural disasters, she would also not only set up the heat stream but also the ocean currents among many many many other things, if you read the begining you see that storm was already at work and that by the time elixr was going to heal the planet with xilo she was done hence they could breathe.
    yes agreed. there was a whole more here than just lightning being struck and this data page does give insight to all of what she would have had to do the create a sustainable atmosphere.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Unfortunately she did not establish/create the magnetosphere - that was Magneto who added more iron and nickel to the depleted core, and Proteus and Hope (?) jump started melting the additional iron ore so that it would spin and create the magnetosphere and gravity. By creating the molten core and possibility it magma and active volcanism, this paved the way for Ororo to use the gasses derived from the active volcanism to recreate atmosphere in a quicker time span than hundreds of thousands of years. Still an impressive feat, but again: she is being trotted out as a special mare to wow the audience at a horse show.
    Not really I have read the whole thing like five times now and magneto simply hit the planet with the asteroid and told hope and vulcan to do open heart surgery then went off to go micro manage all the other omegas. What is needed to create a magnetosohere requires time, time he didn't have because he needs to ensure everyone is playing their part. Hence why when it got to storms pannel it stated that the planet's heart was thrumming beneath her as her thunder reings on high the English gives what she is doing away....the iron won't move on its own it needs to be compressed and kick-started plus if the planet was incharge of moving the ore it would take eons for a sustainable magnetosohere to be set up.

I am sorry for nerding out but planetary science is literally my bread and butter lol.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-16-2021 at 11:17 AM.

I could also be wrong but the Arrako building that peace area reminded me of Polaris when she had the connection to Krakoa and it built x-factor building according to her specifications or rather desires. Also there was a throw a way mention of storm in X-corp which was a harsh read, i think i accidentally said Way of X in the main thread. Just humans were more interested in shaking her hand than dealing with monet and them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

But didn't Mags continue to "stir the sauce" as Forge put it? I've only read the issue once so maybe I'm misunderstanding things.

Unfortunately she did not establish/create the magnetosphere - that was Magneto who added more iron and nickel to the depleted core, and Proteus and Hope (?) jump started melting the additional iron ore so that it would spin and create the magnetosphere and gravity. By creating the molten core and possibility of magma and active volcanism, this paved the way for Ororo to use the gasses derived from the active volcanism to recreate atmosphere in a quicker time span than hundreds of thousands of years. Still an impressive feat, but again: she is being trotted out as a special mare to wow the audience at a horse show.
    At least someone I can agree with, I was starting to think Marvel published two versions of the same issue
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Not really I have read the whole thing like five times now and magneto simply hit the planet with the asteroid and told hope and vulcan to do open heart surgery then went off to go micro manage all the other omegas. What is needed to create a magnetosohere requires time, time he didn't have because he needs to ensure everyone is playing their part. Hence why when it got to storms pannel it stated that the planet's heart was thrumming beneath her as her thunder reings on high the English gives what she is doing away....the iron won't move on its own it needs to be compressed and kick-started plus if the planet was incharge of moving the ore it would take eons for a sustainable magnetosohere to be set up.

I am sorry for nerding out but planetary science is literally my bread and butter lol.
    Naw I'm pretty sure that bit about the MAGNETOsphere refers to Magneto. He casually manipulated the SWORD station back in #1 while performing inspections and chatting it up with several members without even breaking a sweat. So manipulating a planet's magnetosphere while directing his team is definitely within his power.

As far as OL mutants with a good grasp on their powers he's pretty much up there with Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    But didn't Mags continue to "stir the sauce" as Forge put it? I've only read the issue once so maybe I'm misunderstanding things.
    I just saw that thanks for allerting me on that panel. Makes sense as he was able to move the sword station whilst chewing gum and inspecting it lol.

agreed. storm has manipulated the em field of the earth before and since it was tied to the atmosphere I would think she would hsve had to do so here as well:

magneto wasn't doing anything as it pertained to creating the climate or atmosphere that was all storm.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

I don’t know what you all were reading but y’all must be starved for crumbs.

To me, Storm had again been relegated to a minor plot device. What active/visionary/leadership role did she have besides call down the lightning and swirl the nascent energies about? And stand about in the background? She’s essentially the token black mutant with lightning and some weather manipulation fireworks show.

As with her roles in X-men since X-Men Red, she is nothing but a plot device when needed.

How disappointing.
    My sentiments exactly. Of course I don’t want to rain on others happiness, but I wasn’t impressed. Storm is more than a one panel star her voice should be heard/felt throughout all the books.

BANNED

agreed. storm has manipulated the em field of the earth before and since it was tied to the atmosphere I would think she would hsve had to do so here as well:

magneto wasn't doing anything as it pertained to creating the climate or atmosphere that was all storm.
    Apparently he was stiring the source with great and tremendous force I was thinking the force came from Vulcan and hope but magneto being active in the magnetosohere creation is pretty neat.... Still can't get over this storm feat hopefully we get more creative feats in the future everyday life kind of feats. Eventhough she does have power over the magnetosohere magneto was the one creating this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    My sentiments exactly. Of course I don’t want to rain on others happiness, but I wasn’t impressed. Storm is more than a one panel star her voice should be heard/felt throughout all the books.
    This was basically a magneto book with omega cameos, I did enjoy the storm panel and what the data page implied her role though not confirmed to be.