Page 750 of 772 FirstFirst ... 250650700740746747748749750751752753754760 ... LastLast
Results 11,236 to 11,250 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yh and Wanda might as well be white now with how much she has been white washed. But black charachters especially can never become nigh omnipotent beings like venom or sentry or molecule man or iron man or korvac. And most if not all cosmic beings are white coded. So where the hell are the black almighty super beings. It literally just occured to me that aside Adam blue marvel who is an avatar for an anti matter universe there is no other black charachter put on that pedistal. I mean Monica is super powerful but she is not omnipotent like korvac or molecule man neither is storm much to my shagrin, lol. hadari yao is literally still MIA and only gets named. But aside them none! The only black charachter we got that was nigh omnipotent was Miranda and she was literally non cannon.

Hmm just something to think about.
    Unfortunately, this sucks, Storm must be Marvel's most powerful black woman, and yet the writers don't write her as such, they always contain her powers, unlike other white characters who can rock the universe, generate supernovae. .and about Wanda it is very sad that they paint her white even though she is a brown woman, Romani.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Oh I have it was when they fought the African weather mutant.
    Yeah I totally expect people to not get the nose bleed seeing as it is very much associated with reaching ones limit. Nice to see many correct him on that.

Do you know which issue this pic is from?

Attachment 116561
    yea exactly. if it was just an image of her nose bleeding I could get it but she literally explains how hard it is to hold back instead of just blowing everything up. I didnt know but sub got you covered with issue number
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Olha thanks, I thought at that time she had used a sunbeam to disintegrate these monsters

Although one of Marvel's most powerful characters is not a white woman (Scarlet Witch), I only know Storm and Monica, the only extremely powerful black women.
    you're welcome stormy I thought that uncanny image was just her bioelectric lightning and not a sunbeam.

Yh and Wanda might as well be white now with how much she has been white washed. But black charachters especially can never become nigh omnipotent beings like venom or sentry or molecule man or iron man or korvac. And most if not all cosmic beings are white coded. So where the hell are the black almighty super beings. It literally just occured to me that aside Adam blue marvel who is an avatar for an anti matter universe there is no other black charachter put on that pedistal. I mean Monica is super powerful but she is not omnipotent like korvac or molecule man neither is storm much to my shagrin, lol. hadari yao is literally still MIA and only gets named. But aside them none! The only black charachter we got that was nigh omnipotent was Miranda and she was literally non cannon.

Hmm just something to think about.
    this is why I valued so much what coates did for her character. let me say this first I do appreciate everything Ewing has done with ororo but as you said I would love for them to actually dig into the goddess abilities beyond just calling her one. I would love for this to be explained more. perhaps as amenth is explored more Ewing may look to develop this more but you're right. I hoping Ewing won't be afraid to go deeper in the regard but but the looks of her new outfit it seems she gone be more earth fighter than heavenly goddess. however it would be nice if all aspects of this were embraced. why choose when we can have it all? we shall we though
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Unfortunately, this sucks, Storm must be Marvel's most powerful black woman, and yet the writers don't write her as such, they always contain her powers, unlike other white characters who can rock the universe, generate supernovae. .and about Wanda it is very sad that they paint her white even though she is a brown woman, Romani.
    Monica might be as powerful. But definitely there is gender and racial discrimination against non white characters. But at least Storm
    Was made queen of Arrako and she recently killed those villains with air pressure. It was a pretty good feat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you're welcome stormy I thought that uncanny image was just her bioelectric lightning and not a sunbeam.

this is why I valued so much what coates did for her character. let me say this first I do appreciate everything Ewing has done with ororo but as you said I would love for them to actually dig into the goddess abilities beyond just calling her one. I would love for this to be explained more. perhaps as amenth is explored more Ewing may look to develop this more but you're right. I hoping Ewing won't be afraid to go deeper in the regard but but the looks of her new outfit it seems she gone be more earth fighter than heavenly goddess. however it would be nice if all aspects of this were embraced. why choose when we can have it all? we shall we though

We will have to see next year but to rule mutants used to battling demons in Amenth I’d think they plan on showing more of her goddess side.

But ti show her goddess dude they would need to send villains after like Dormammu, Mordo, etc

You do know that this is not up to Ewing but up to the higher-ups in Marvel. If they say no to such development, Ewing can't do a thing. He needs to oblige as per what was asked of him or where the limitations were set. If you ask me, what Marvel really needs is a huge shake in the higher-up's seats. Keep those who actually do jobs like Kevin Faige and those who discriminate... fire them and put people who actually will make the company better.

this is why I valued so much what coates did for her character. let me say this first I do appreciate everything Ewing has done with ororo but as you SAI I would love for them to actually dig into the goddess abilities beyond just calling her one. I would love for this to be explained more. perhaps as amenth is explored more Ewing may look to develop this more but you're right. I hoping Ewing won't be afraid to go deeper in the regard but but the looks of her new outfit it seems she gone be more earth fighter than heavenly goddess. however it would be nice if all aspects of this were embraced. why choose when we can have it all? we shall we though
    I was watching some YouTube videos about omega and beyond omega level cahrachters and in the omega level section the black representation was scant not to talk of beyond omega where they are virtually non existent. This not only a marvel problem but a comic problem. There are virtually no black cosmic beings and even fewer nigh omnipotent beings and I sit down and think as to why this is the case. I mean I do get that most creators are white so they would likely create omnipotent charachters in their image but literally all of the omnipotent/ cosmic charachters are white or white coded and that bugged me. Because what does this say, that black people can't be part of cosmic heirachy? Or that the running of a universe is a white exclusive thing club. Anyways it is what it is. I realize that no matter how powerful storm becomes the fandom would denigrate her or low-ball her because in their mind she is black so hence can't be an almighty charachter not like magneto or jean or David or hell even bobby. They literally can't fathom it.

It just rubs me the wrong way. That's why I stated it other than that looking forwards to a good year for storm hope we see her become who she was always meant to be an omega level goddess.
    Last edited by Reigna; 12-25-2021 at 04:13 AM.

Like why are the black pantheons not explored? Why those gods don't matter? Why is Odin and Zeus running the god show in marvel and why is Gaea always a caucasian when in cannon she is all races. Aside bast I can't name one black god in marvel hadari yao but that is an MIA situation maybe anansi but ehhh. Like where are the freaking black gods! Or black people can't be divine?

have you read this story before?

oh and on that blerd video it was nice to see storm fans correct him about what the nosebleed was demonstrating.
    Yeah I think my comment Joetj comment is on top in the comments. I wonder if he's read them lol

BANNED

Like why are the black pantheons not explored? Why those gods don't matter? Why is Odin and Zeus running the god show in marvel and why is Gaea always a caucasian when in cannon she is all races. Aside bast I can't name one black god in marvel hadari yao but that is an MIA situation maybe anansi but ehhh. Like where are the freaking black gods! Or black people can't be divine?
    Lack of diversity among Marvel writers and editors. But in a country that is 18 percent Latino and where Asians are the fastest growing group, diversity doesn’t just mean throw in Black people. They’d have to thrown in Asian and Native pantheons, along with African. Middle Eastern too.

Was watching the Xmen TAS genosha episodes today and really appreciated this trio and how like in the comics Storm always believes in Remy.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Lack of diversity among Marvel writers and editors. But in a country that is 18 percent Latino and where Asians are the fastest growing group, diversity doesn’t just mean throw in Black people. They’d have to thrown in Asian and Native pantheons, along with African. Middle Eastern too.

Oh I know the other minorities are also left out of the equation of supermega beings but in marvel we have a pantheon for the heavenly dragons it's not much but these beings are at least able to affect the pheonix itself. I haven't encountered a native American god aside Advesary and he is evil *eye roll* but when it comes to black pantheons little to nothing only bast and some obscure Orisha whom don't talk. Like I am sorry but if any skyfather is going to be on top it should be the Hindu skyfathers given just how old and how many still worship them. But nope it's Odin and I am like ohk. But can we have black gods or is that too much. Al Ewing bless him tried to make the Olympians diverse but we all know someone would come and retcon Hera back to Caucasian. I just want good stories with African gods and Hadari yao is a very good way to start.
    Last edited by Reigna; 12-25-2021 at 01:32 PM.

BANNED

Oh I know the other minorities are also left out of the equation of supermega beings but in marvel we have a pantheon for the heavenly dragons it's not much but these beings are at least able to affect the pheonix itself. I haven't encountered a native American god aside Advesary and he is evil *eye roll* but when it comes to black pantheons little to nothing only bast and some obscure Orisha whom don't talk. Like I am sorry but if any skyfather is going to be on top it should be the Hindu skyfathers given just how old and how many still worship them. But nope it's Odin and I am like ohk. But can we have black gods or is that too much. Al Ewing bless him tried to make the Olympians diverse but we all know someone would come and retcon Hera back to Caucasian. I just want good stories with African gods and Hadari yao is a very good way to start.
    There’s another problem. Greco-Roman and Norse gods are commonly taught in American schools, other gods far less so, if at all. You would have to hire writers, editors, and executives familiar with those cultures to make this happen. It broadly won’t happen until Disney becomes more diverse. Perhaps you should be a part of this change and find a way to get a job at Marvel as a writer or editor.

BANNED

American Horror story include Legba in the Marie Laveau episodes. Doctor Voodoo does evoke African gods in his spells, but the issue with him is Marvel doesn’t use him much. Maybe if he gets his own MCU show it would be the perfect way to truly bring the Orishas or other gods from non elite culltures to Marvel.

BANNED

Come to think of it a Storm Disney plus series or tv show could introduce the orishas. Shang Chi is huge and introduced Asian mystical elements and culture.