Page 763 of 772 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    It was a very great feat and I get where you are coming from. But for a self sustaining star it needs more than radiant energy... It needs nuclear fusion itself the strong and weak fundamental forces must be at play. First hydrogen atoms must be gathered in HUGE quantity then with intense pressure and gravity they are crushed till the atoms fuse to create helium, the fusion is what generates the energy in the form of heat and light and slowly as the hydrogen all is done being used up the star would eventually die. But fusion can take place for several years and I am sure with the size of that sun she made it would take probably tens of thousands of years before the hydrogen is all used up.
    Funnily it makes me think of the tas episode where storm save the planet it's like at the 24 minute mark. love that mariah carey hand way when she's like "Shine... SHINE!."

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    This! People definitely got ahead of themselves in this thread saying she created a sun or mini sun. No way. That's just way too OP and we don't want Storm like that.
    Actually I just disproved why she didn't create a light bulb. There is no way that a lightbulb would produce light for as long as the skrulls need it. Mind you they are extremely far from their sun and the atmosphere storm created needs a very potent heat source to drive it's weather, potent heat that is self sustaining enough to last for a very long time. A lightbulb can't do that.
    But hey y'all can run with what you want.

Actually I just disproved why she didn't create a light bulb. There is no way that a lightbulb would produce light for as long as the skrulls need it. Mind you they are extremely far from their sun and the atmosphere storm created needs a very potent heat source to drive it's weather, potent heat that is self sustaining enough to last for a very long time. A lightbulb can't do that.
    it had to be a star. i was more thinking the basis of electrons but it definitely has to be a star ( i know you were referring to meta with this post) How else will it provide light for generations to come and aren't skrull long lived?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I never said she created a light bulb. Jwatson said she did what a light bulb does, not me. Either way she didn't create a sun, period.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Funnily it makes me think of the tas episode where storm save the planet it's like at the 24 minute mark. love that mariah carey hand way when she's like "Shine... SHINE!."

My fave was "crack the heavens remove this abomination"

I was like YES GAWD! WERK!

Yes exactly shine with strength reborn indeed. Oh man I loved this storm soo much she was sooo commanding and divine but yet didn't need the elements to fight if need be.

I never said she created a light bulb. Jwatson said she did what a light bulb does, not me. Either way she didn't create a sun, period.
    Errrhm ohk

it had to be a star. i was more thinking the basis of electrons but it definitely has to be a star ( i know you were referring to meta with this post) How else will it provide light for generations to come and aren't skrull long lived?
    Remember they said countless generations to come and yes they are long lived. Plus the one defining proof that it is a star is because only a star has the energy necessary enough to drive weather patterns. We were discussing this some days ago here, but basically weather happens due to one thing heat interacting with the atmosphere. The sinking and falling of hot and cold air literally produces all forms of weather phenomena from thunderstorms to hurricanes. When there is an increase in ocean temperatures hurricanes are formed. Creating an atmosphere but with no sun would spell doom as when storm left there would be no rain as heat is needed for the water cycle. Infact the only other way to get heat is from the interior of the earth and seeing as plants were growing I assume that the surface of the planet is hospitable to grass and not scorching from geothermal heat.

You got me chuckling dfu with the "Mariah Carey" hand lol cause thats just what she does when she's really getting into her singing. Janet and Mariah are my no.1s lol

My fave was "crack the heavens remove this abomination"

I was like YES GAWD! WERK!

Yes exactly shine with strength reborn indeed. Oh man I loved this storm soo much she was sooo commanding and divine but yet didn't need the elements to fight if need be.
    Yes I love that too. I loved the voice actress. You can hear the emotion in her voice.

In the end storm did what she did... And as the writer said this is 616 and cannon. It alsoakes sense seeing as she was extremely confident in her abilities so as not to need hope to boost her to create an atmosphere, she has done it before! And why she told magneto he is not the most powerful mutant in the room anymore, that's because he's now truly knows that she has hold of all the fundamental forces as per the creation of the mini sun, whilst he has a sub-set of one. Not to talk of her divinity. It was a good story with big feats which fit continuity. Remember when they said storm's power allows her to perceive the universe as patterns of force and energy and manipulate these primal forces to her will? This was a great call back to that.
    I'm really happy, our girl is now showing a level of power she always had, being treated like other powerful Marvel characters.

Not really gravity is the only force she didn't out right control. It's like a satellite a very dense satellite she likely moved it to space so that it revolves around the planet without being pulled back to the planet. A star that size can be as massive/ heavy as the moon or even a small planet.
    Uh but still, in order to have to create a star, whether it's small or not, Storm would have to control a small degree of gravity, even more so to get it positioned closer to the planet. Now I want to see that she doesn't have gravity manipulation, and of course I know she's not as powerful as Northstar is, but still, she has a manipulation and she had to use it!

This! People definitely got ahead of themselves in this thread saying she created a sun or mini sun. No way. That's just way too OP and we don't want Storm like that.
    I was upset to see a Storm fan contesting her power, but for you then, what did she do? And if you think creating a little star is too powerful, don't want to see the powers of characters like Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Monica (?), Iron Man, Thor, who can go beyond creating suns or resisting the power of a sun...

Remember they said countless generations to come and yes they are long lived. Plus the one defining proof that it is a star is because only a star has the energy necessary enough to drive weather patterns. We were discussing this some days ago here, but basically weather happens due to one thing heat interacting with the atmosphere. The sinking and falling of hot and cold air literally produces all forms of weather phenomena from thunderstorms to hurricanes. When there is an increase in ocean temperatures hurricanes are formed. Creating an atmosphere but with no sun would spell doom as when storm left there would be no rain as heat is needed for the water cycle. Infact the only other way to get heat is from the interior of the earth and seeing as plants were growing I assume that the surface of the planet is hospitable to grass and not scorching from geothermal heat.
    Excellent point, one more proof that Storm only needs her omega mutation to have a stellar power level, since we're talking about science, so for the weather to be favorable she needs the strength of a star, however small.

Errrhm ohk
    XDDD lmbo!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm basically did what a light bulb does.

Summary

Let’s look at the key concepts:

Electron energy levels are quantized. This means the electron can only have certain values of energy.
    When an electron moves from a higher to lower energy level light is produced.
    The frequency (and thus wavelength and color) of this light depends on the change in energy level.
    For LED, this electron energy transition happens because of an energy gap in a semiconductor material.
    In a fluorescent bulb, electrons transition energy levels in a gas. Also, some of the light produced is in the ultraviolet range. This light is converted to visible light through fluorescene.
    An incandescent bulb creates light by making a hot filament. In a solid, there are many different energy levels in order to produce all possible colors of light.
    Fire is just like a filament except that it’s not a filament. Instead, the light mostly comes from hot pieces of material that did not get burned.

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/illumi...ns-make-light/

fluo·res·cence
    /flo͝o(ə)ˈresəns,flôrˈesəns/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: fluorescence

the visible or invisible radiation emitted by certain substances as a result of incident radiation of a shorter wavelength such as X-rays or ultraviolet light.
    the property of absorbing light of short wavelength and emitting light of longer wavelength.
    I dont agree with the analysis this was a light bulb. One, plants grow best under natural or sunlight, which light bulbs are not. The skrull crops would need sunlight to grow optimally. Second, how is this light being generated? Is it from gas being ignited some electrical source? Storm said this light would last for all the skrull days so my question here is how did ororo generate this light source and what is sustaining it allowing it to emit energy once she left? If one pays attention to the last panel in the issue of the planet the light source looks very similar to a sun.

That said, if one were to conclude its just light it would have to mimic the properties of the sun. Moreover, if it is just light what exactly is producing the light if it is not akin to a star that forms by way of burning gases? Lastly, the fact she created an atmosphere from nothing in itself already is op because that is not how her mutant powers operate. If one has issue with her creating a sun then the entire book should have been an issue. Also Storm has never been able to generate light unless it was in the form of lightning so even doing this is OP if we are to approach this issue with such a perspective.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-28-2021 at 12:47 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm basically did what a light bulb does.

Summary

Let’s look at the key concepts:

Electron energy levels are quantized. This means the electron can only have certain values of energy.
    When an electron moves from a higher to lower energy level light is produced.
    The frequency (and thus wavelength and color) of this light depends on the change in energy level.
    For LED, this electron energy transition happens because of an energy gap in a semiconductor material.
    In a fluorescent bulb, electrons transition energy levels in a gas. Also, some of the light produced is in the ultraviolet range. This light is converted to visible light through fluorescene.
    An incandescent bulb creates light by making a hot filament. In a solid, there are many different energy levels in order to produce all possible colors of light.
    Fire is just like a filament except that it’s not a filament. Instead, the light mostly comes from hot pieces of material that did not get burned.

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/illumi...ns-make-light/

fluo·res·cence
    /flo͝o(ə)ˈresəns,flôrˈesəns/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: fluorescence

the visible or invisible radiation emitted by certain substances as a result of incident radiation of a shorter wavelength such as X-rays or ultraviolet light.
    the property of absorbing light of short wavelength and emitting light of longer wavelength.
    ok you answered my qurstuon here lol. this is my same thought regarding the feat. if its not a sun it has to be sun-like.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    XDDD lmbo!
    I don't have energy to argue, like at all.

Attachment 116643