Page 90 of 772 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If that isn't a classic example of what pretentious writing is...
    That's so bad. And just proves how very disconnected Coates is from the concept of Wakanda and being Wakandan. (If he was ever connected ,at all).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-20-2021 at 05:35 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    OMG this would be the best thing ever if someone in one of the panels were was like "who?!" Cause that's how I felt. Like we fighting for whom. Lol

This just looks like trash sorry. Even the speech. like most the heros in the panels ain't even from wakanda. Thank black history month it's almost over
    I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm pumped. seeing all marvels black heroes working together to save wakanda is amazing and our girl storm is about to show out!!! can't wait for these next few issues!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's what I thought too but it could very well still be Xavier then jean took over bit for mental purposes I'm just sticking with jean did it. Shows how much of a jumbled mess this event has been.

no it defintely wasn't jean. like I said issue 3 established it was Xavier who connected all the heroes. Reed asked Xavier if the heroes somehow lost connection would Xavier step in and he obliged. saying otherwise would be to purposefully ignore that statement and issue 3 which lead to issue 4. did you read issue 3 by the way? Jean is not mentioned once there lol.

that said I the event definitely fell flat for me. was hoping when storm finally got out we would see her cut loose but yea, no that didn't happen lol.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-20-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes Xavier was keeping all the heroes connected as per issue 3. he was assisting Dylan to use knull to free the heroes. upon freeing them, the heroes were working together to attack knull and his army. when it was finally thor and storm's turn we got this:

complete let down on what could have been epic.
    That is rather under-whelming. Storm could have pulled off this feat by herself.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

To be fair, they are essentially destroying almost all the symbiotes that had taken over NYC in one strike(after Namor's wave collected them). The page doesn't do it justice. This whole KIB story has been messy, but I'll give Cates a tinsy bit of respect for the audacity of it all. It's wild he pulled off a company wide story about symbiotes. Meanwhile Coates's space opera he's been telling for years still isn't finished, and he's been teasing one single symbiote villian(Killmonger) as his big finale....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That is rather under-whelming. Storm could have pulled off this feat by herself.
    yea it was very underwhelming. I love the idea of the both using their lightning to break through the symbiote barrier that had encased the earth. that would have been epic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, they are essentially destroying almost all the symbiotes that had taken over NYC in one strike(after Namor's wave collected them). The page doesn't do it justice. This whole KIB story has been messy, but I'll give Cates a tinsy bit of respect for the audacity of it all. It's wild he pulled off a company wide story about symbiotes. Meanwhile Coates's space opera he's been telling for years still isn't finished, and he's been teasing one single symbiote villian(Killmonger) as his big finale....
    I'm wondering how the orisha play into this. I saw a scan where they are collectively doing something their powers a while back. and baby guess what? I got my lipstick and ready. I will see you girls in the ladies room...

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Ummm they are trying to kill a celestial level God. No time for half measures. If thor is present it makes perfect sense for him to be doing his thing too.

lmfao you are a mess honey!

lmfao you are a mess honey!

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Ummm they are trying to kill a celestial level God. No time for half measures. If thor is present it makes perfect sense for him to be doing his thing too.
    I think the point is not to say thor isn't needed (which for what was shown i don't think so) but for an attack where both storm and thor did one would expect it to look more impressive than that.

yes girlie. Coates is about to shut it down as he has been since the hadari yao stepped onto the scene!

That remains to be seen.

I agree 100% and its nice seeing Storm work together with Thor and Namor. Still though, this particular feat just doesn't impress me much.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I think the point is not to say thor isn't needed (which for what was shown i don't think so) but for an attack where both storm and thor did one would expect it to look more impressive than that.
    I see. As an aspiring artist what would make this sorta thing more visually interesting? It was all going into one point at the epicenter... maybe a wider shot? More bolts?

I gotta say this hyped me up pretty good when I read it, but there's always room for improvement. When I look at the splash I see two gods about to being righteous thunder down on em

The lightning coming out of both their eyes is a nice touch

I see. As an aspiring artist what would make this sorta thing more visually interesting? It was all going into one point at the epicenter... maybe a wider shot? More bolts?

I gotta say this hyped me up pretty good when I read it, but there's always room for improvement. When I look at the splash I see two gods about to being righteous thunder down on em

The lightning coming out of both their eyes is a nice touch
    well I'm not sure if more lightning is what is required. I think what would have been more impressive was like a chain lightning that extended the entire planet that destroyed the symbiote barrier around the planet with it funneling down to water like the panel from the issue showed. truthfully speaking that bolt as it was drawn could have been done by either storm or thor on their own.