Page 659 of 772 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 11576
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Storm to the rescue.

Art by Cockrum, Storms creator.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Storm to the rescue.

I know that's suppose to be lightning but it really looks like she's shooing out Lava.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I know that's suppose to be lightning but it really looks like she's shooing out Lava.
    Wait she can't shoot lava? I've been lied to.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Disappointed about the week delay but excited it’ll be basically bimonthly issues with them being only two weeks apart!!! Praise be, I hope we get some good food from Ewing.

Hmmm in my own perception?

Psyche: I imagine Ororo’s psyche to be as fluid and flowing as the energies she controls. 80% calm, rational, almost spiritual thoughts and 20% fierce passion and determination about whatever she is focused on at the moment.

Personality: 30% stoic, 30% serious (difference being stoic is the expression of her extreme self control which some might confuse for being “aloof” and serious being that she would be very task-oriented and therefore focused on getting things done), 30% gentle, loving, and maternal and 10% absolutely, outrageously fierce and wild and free! That last 10% I would say is dormant most often but when it comes out to party, to fight, or just to take joy in life, it is the most apt and quintessential expression of the turbulent side of the storms that are her namesake.

Ideas: Honestly I think Ororo is constantly thinking about different ways to better protect both those she loves and those she doesn’t even know. To make differences for the better on a large scale whether it be utilizing her powers, her influence, or her mind. Also how best to advance to the next stage of her life. Not for her own self aggrandizement but because she knows and cherishes the fact that every moment in life is precious and not guaranteed so she will do nothing less than live it to the fullest, experiencing everything within her grasp and thinking of ways to reach anything that’s not.

Mood: I think Ororo’s general mood would be that of the friend you go to visit when you want to feel safe and not judged. The kind of friend who may not be the wild, party, laugh out loud at everything friend you go to for a guaranteed good time but who will always tell you the truth(no matter how harsh it is) and will advise you in the way she thinks will positively benefit you best. She will provide tougher love than almost anyone you know but will defend your best interests at any turn, even when you don’t see it for yourself. She’s the bedrock and foundation friend who will keep you anchored through the storms of life, the friend that everyone deserves but rarely people are lucky enough to get. She’s a cool breeze on a warm sunny day and I think her aura/presence is something that innately calms people and makes them listen to her because she would sound assured in almost anything she’s saying. Magnetic but in the most nurturing, regal, and ethereal way.
    Damn, how much precision I don't think I could describe the Storm as well as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    My second choice would be plasma lolol

BANNED

Guys I have a question what is the difference between a godhead and godhood. Because I was reading up on the council of godheads and they are saying it is a council of skyfathers or leaders of a pantheon.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love this analysis boo thank you!!! I would try do a similar one but it won't be nearly as good lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Damn, how much precision I don't think I could describe the Storm as well as you.

Lol thank you both, sometimes it is strange how much of a fully realized person she seems to be in my mind. I’ve loved this character from my earliest memories in life! She probably is perceived differently by every one of us but yeah that’s the woman I grew up loving with my whole heart. Funny how much these fictional characters can mean to you after decades of growing with them through life. I understand sometimes why people get so defensive about them because it really does feel like “Aw hellllll no, you not gonna drag my bestie like this. NOT on my watch!!” Lmaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Guys I have a question what is the difference between a godhead and godhood. Because I was reading up on the council of godheads and they are saying it is a council of skyfathers or leaders of a pantheon.
    Damn, great question! I’m not nearly as informed about these terms as I would need to be to speak on it, would love to hear from someone who is though.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    This is an intriguing question.

The two words are very similar and have been used interchangeable. However, there is a very subtle nuanced difference between the two.

Godhood: the state of being a god or God.
    Godhead: Divine essence or nature.

The easiest way I can explain it is to think of the Pope. Per the Catholic church, he has godhead, but he doesn't have godhood.

Now, I am not clear on the way Marvel uses the words. I don't know if they've used them differently to drive a distinct difference.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 10-13-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks for the heads up on the delays ahahaha my LCS partner and I can have perhaps a rest before the influx...i really appreciate their patience...anyways two things i have in mind

1. The skybreaker -- another fan asked about if they are gonna touch on this again -- assuming the canon of TLA it wont but for the sake of peace -- do you guys also read fan fiction? Coz this Storm and Black Panther: Everything Else can Wait by MAB86 fan fiction is one of the best fan made follow up -- hahaha I recommend -- not just because it is biased over my liking of this One true pairing -- but they were both written like true adults here -- I know people want resolution over the "issue" but if there is no "issue" at all then there is none -- to me the act was cause and effect -- she called, tchalla did not answer, she stole it, shuri got in the way, she saved the world at the expense of her relationship being strained after all she helped the wakandans at the expense of tchalla being too busy even for her calls -- we need a fix or we do not -- to me they are both adults who can look past their need for vengeance over things that happened -- this fan fic says it all -- coz it could just be a small cost to pay than rehashing on the smallest of stuff every single time -- and that was portrayed here...remembering as well the times that she openly expressed to Xavier that she doesnt feel it was right to steal for Xaviers goals -- anyways thats my closure thoughts on that "issue" -- id rather settle that it would have been an issue too small to return to than progressing her forward -- thoughts?

2. Sword #8 and the knives -- now this I had a hard time -- but a fellow fan helped me to understand and accept -- the fellow fan mentioned to accept her knife skills as her secondary mutation -- now that is one of the things Ive never thought -- given that in that issue as well, we see the potential of Tarn giving her an actual upgrade -- i know I dont want it at first -- and that is so far from what I imagine or what I am reading how her godhood would be better as development and my basis was of some other character who had been in the same evolution manipulation dilemma and I survived it and to this day that other character is beloved -- have you guys thought about her secondary mutation as well? Coz the knives ala MCU hella is awesome Potential good or bad? Are we ready for it? Btw for those who know the other character its in the user name *wink* wink* i just got too inspired how I never saw them to be almost the same except for the vengeance part -- so enjoy the fan fic while we wait in vain for more storm content -- hiatus time!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Lol thank you both, sometimes it is strange how much of a fully realized person she seems to be in my mind. I’ve loved this character from my earliest memories in life! She probably is perceived differently by every one of us but yeah that’s the woman I grew up loving with my whole heart. Funny how much these fictional characters can mean to you after decades of growing with them through life. I understand sometimes why people get so defensive about them because it really does feel like “Aw hellllll no, you not gonna drag my bestie like this. NOT on my watch!!” Lmaoooo
    its so very funny. I have to remind myself at times miss ro is not real and not to get to emotional when discussions involving her go left lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

She’s grown a lot in those decades, especially in the 21st century where finally decided to address she descends from a long line of sorceress priestesses and is more than just a mutant. Now with the X-Men books becoming very Star Wars it’s amazing to see her as Regent of Sol.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its so very funny. I have to remind myself at times miss ro is not real and not to get to emotional when discussions involving her go left lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She’s grown a lot in those decades, especially in the 21st century where finally decided to address she descends from a long line of sorceress priestesses and is more than just a mutant. Now with the X-Men books becoming very Star Wars it’s amazing to see her as Regent of Sol.
    It really is! I’m almost embarrassed to admit how physically happy it makes me when I see her prosper and grow. It really is like getting to see an old friend succeed and achieve everything you knew they always had the potential to do. And thereby inspiring me to try and accomplish things in my own life that I otherwise dare not. That’s the magic of superheroes I guess! They can encourage us to be the best versions of ourselves.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

The two words are very similar and have been used interchangeable. However, there is a very subtle nuanced difference between the two.

The easiest way I can explain it is to think of the Pope. Per the Catholic church, he has godhead, but he doesn't have godhood.

Now, I am not clear on the way Marvel uses the words. I don't know if they've used them differently to drive a distinct difference.
    You didn't post the full definition

Godhood is the state of being a god; divinity while godhead is divinity or godhood, divine essence or nature.

Godhead and Godhood are synonyms of each other. They mean the exact thing.

In Marvel, the godhead is the divine status a god is born with or passed down from generations. While they still have godhood. Which probably as black panther said to Storm, goes beyond her mutation.

In marvel gods, demons, and abstracts divinity is stated to be ordained and embedded into their nature.

Anyone can achieve godhood in Marvel by being ascended beings. You have to stockpile magic which magic is everywhere in the multiverse. All beings are in competition to do this. This is why the Vishanti ascended past godhood by collecting so much magic. Mutants, magicians, and Scientists too can wield godhood powers.

Godhood in marvel isn't just limited to being a god while something like a godhead is born with.

You can strip the powers of a mutant and scientist but I don't believe you can fully strip a godhead from gods. I guess the godhead is something that allows a god to get stronger with worship and prayer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    You didn't post the full definition

Godhood is the state of being a god; divinity while godhead is divinity or godhood, divine essence or nature.

Godhead and Godhood are synonyms of each other. They mean the exact thing.

In Marvel, the godhead is the divine status a god is born with or passed down from generations. While they still have godhood. Which probably as black panther said to Storm, goes beyond her mutation.

In marvel gods, demons, and abstracts divinity is stated to be ordained and embedded into their nature.

Anyone can achieve godhood in Marvel by being ascended beings. You have to stockpile magic which magic is everywhere in the multiverse. All beings are in competition to do this. This is why the Vishanti ascended past godhood by collecting so much magic. Mutants, magicians, and Scientists too can wield godhood powers.

Godhood in marvel isn't just limited to being a god while something like a godhead is born with.

You can strip the powers of a mutant and scientist but I don't believe you can fully strip a godhead from gods. I guess the godhead is something that allows a god to get stronger with worship and prayer.
    So omega mutants and scientist supremes and sorcerer supremes can achieve godhood or godhood realness but aren't actually gods due to the lack of a godhead?
    Hence why they are usually termed as godlike eg. Sentry, jean grey, magneto, hulk...etc.

But a hero Iike storm is an actual god as she was born with a godhead meaning she is of a divine nature and as such must be worshiped.

I want to ask too does this mean that those with natural godheads have godly reserved of mystic power?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

I see soo godhead is a nature the source if you will, and godhood is the status.