Page 168 of 772 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Thank you for the compliments, I'm glad you all enjoy it. I was working on this drawing on and off for about four days.
    wow thats very impressive!! please share more of your work here if you draw any new storm pieces!!! you are really talented and you're most welcome!! (^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I love it too. it definitely has meaning as shown in giant size but I wish we had a story that explained where it comes from and exactly what its meaning is.

In my head canon, its like Vixen's totem. Gift from the gods, passed down through the family from mother to daughter
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    In my head canon, its like Vixen's totem. Gift from the gods, passed down through the family from mother to daughter
    I actually LOVE that idea! Hickman and crew make it happen!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

omg!! I was literally just have a discsusion with a friend on fb who brought this to my attention. to know she not only absorbed Monica to manipulate her energy but then also used it to create a massive attack was pretty badass.

and btw a review of the issue:

Exactly why I'm here, I wanted to know you guys thoughts on this issue, but more importantly exactly WHO do I need to contact to ensure Monet St. Croix and Cecilia Reyes has a cameo. And yes it is important, the X-men has a severe lack of black women and more importantly many of them outside of Storm are usually ignored. I also love the differences between women like Storm, Frenzy, Cecilia, and Monet their all incredibly valuable and I feel like when these women are used and celebrated especially in a comic like this one it only strengthens them as a collective. Plus, I'm just realizing a team of these four would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'll say it now, if Storm gets shocked/electrocuted again after channelling the electrical powers of Monica...somebody"s head is gonna roll.

Attachment 107862

Attachment 107863

Not gone lie, while I love seeing Monica and Storm interact, I do feel these women are never allowed to be consistently as powerful as their peers. I didn't read the previous issue so excuse my ignorance, but Storm and Spectrum should have been extreme heavy hitters with their level of powers. But rarely are they used like characters in the same power range.

it no different from when shuri cautions her to take a breather before going into battle or when her thundercloud ran out during the xos crap story. omega level goddess doesn't automatically turn her into a machine with endless reserves.

Lord, XOS could have been so much more, look at this make shift team, that event should have been a war which the X-men barely overcame instead it will mostly be remembered as wasted potential and I can't for the life of me understand whose idea was it to turn this event with such stakes into a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I watch this guy all the time lol. His voice is so nerdy though "Ernie Blerd without fear" whatever tf that's supposed to mean
    He's pretty great and I love the play on the black nerd

Coates' writing is not everyone's cup of tea but as indicated by the review youtube page I shared there are many who do like what he has done for the franchise.

Well, looking at BP's thread, it seems like most of his dedicated fan base aren't happy with the story either. Just because one youtuber gushed over that nonsense, doesn't mean that is the prevailing sentiment.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Well, looking at BP's thread, it seems like most of his dedicated fan base aren't happy with the story either. Just because one youtuber gushed over that nonsense, doesn't mean that is the prevailing sentiment.
    I will say I appreciated his writing in novels more than comics. This isn't the medium for him.

one YouTuber isn't the indicator yes but the those who comment and pressed the like button would work to demonstrate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hey everyone, I drew Storm. Came out kind of scuffed, but still proud of it. Hope you like it.
    Nice, I like the color on it, the shading is good. I'm not the best colorist. Did this one today, thought about coloring but naw. lol.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Basics will like anything on youtube...

especially when it's aping a hugely successful MCU scene from two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Exactly why I'm here, I wanted to know you guys thoughts on this issue, but more importantly exactly WHO do I need to contact to ensure Monet St. Croix and Cecilia Reyes has a cameo. And yes it is important, the X-men has a severe lack of black women and more importantly many of them outside of Storm are usually ignored. I also love the differences between women like Storm, Frenzy, Cecilia, and Monet their all incredibly valuable and I feel like when these women are used and celebrated especially in a comic like this one it only strengthens them as a collective. Plus, I'm just realizing a team of these four would be incredible.

Not gone lie, while I love seeing Monica and Storm interact, I do feel these women are never allowed to be consistently as powerful as their peers. I didn't read the previous issue so excuse my ignorance, but Storm and Spectrum should have been extreme heavy hitters with their level of powers. But rarely are they used like characters in the same power range.
    That team of four actually has so much story potential because they’re also so different visually and personality wise.

Maybe one day we’ll get to see MCU Storm and Monica leading their respective teams like in the comics.

I always thought Ororo headdress was a familiar item, but I do not think she was wearing it when we first see her in Kenya when Xavier finds her. Which makes sense since in the African plain she would not need it. Then when she next is seen with all of the other new recruits, it appears and most people suspect it was part of her costume. I always believe she took it with her from Africa.

I always felt it was Ororo's personal item, just like her ruby, and that she incorporated both into her costume. Even years later when we learn about her lockpicking tools stored inside her headdress, I still felt like it was not just the tools that were hers, but the tiara as well. (The fact that the tiara color matched her 1st costume I believe was just coincidence as Storm has worn it with many later costumes even when the clothing was not black.)
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

She had the diadem before Charles recruited her. I tend to believe that the tribesmen made it for her during her goddess days. I don't think it's an actual heirloom from her family; only the ruby is. Still, it would be nice to see that story told. I also don't understand how it stays on her head or what it's made of. In that story under the volcano when she picked the locks with her mouth, it seemed like flexible paper/cloth,

but in another story she used a to cut her bindings and tries to ko Pierce by throwing it[it even 'klangs' off Wolvie's claws implying it was made of metal or something].
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-29-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Wondering what would happen if she put the ruby in the hole at the center. It looks like it's supposed to be there idk
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

She had the diadem before Charles recruited her. I tend to believe that the tribesmen made it for her during her goddess days. I don't think it's an actual heirloom from her family; only the ruby is. Still, it would be nice to see that story told. I also don't understand how it stays on her head or what it's made of. In that story under the volcano when she picked the locks with her mouth, it seemed like flexible paper/cloth, but in another story she used a to cut her bindings and ko someone by throwing it[implying it was made of metal or something].
    Oh, okay. Thank you, I was going by memory and didn't remember it!

I always thought it was some flexible but hard material. But not metal as Magneto never mentioned it or used it against her.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Wondering what would happen if she put the ruby in the hole at the center. It looks like it's supposed to be there idk
    Yes it does!

Perhaps that is the mystery. What happens when Ororo places the Ruby in the hole?