Page 408 of 772 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    They are powerful but they are not actually gods
    Both are extremely powerful, they may not be gods, but they are at the entity level. The Ego is literally a living planet with the ability to control your entire body, mass, atmosphere, as well as manipulating electromagnetic energies, radiations. A kind of Celestial that consumes stars, planets to survive.

As for the Dormmamu, he is also extremely powerful, potentially immortal, who possesses enough power to threaten the race of the Celestials, as well as Eternity itself with its faltines flames.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Both are extremely powerful, they may not be gods, but they are at the entity level. The Ego is literally a living planet with the ability to control your entire body, mass, atmosphere, as well as manipulating electromagnetic energies, radiations. A kind of Celestial that consumes stars, planets to survive.

As for the Dormmamu, he is also extremely powerful, potentially immortal, who possesses enough power to threaten the race of the Celestials, as well as Eternity itself with its faltines flames.
    Yh I know they are very powerful but they are still not gods, dormamu is a god. Comics have seriously done damage to what a god actually is showing heroes take down deities casually has given readers the impression that gods a re basically above averagely powerful superheroes. A god is a literally force of nature to kill a god is to kill a fundamental aspect of existence itself. The only being truly stronger than a god is a bigger god. Hence why tachala called on the hadari yao to deal with the adversary or that venom became a god to deal with knull.
    At best billy is a prophesied future god and strange is a vessel for gods but they at this moment are not gods. Remember rouge storm when storm actually unleashed on doom and told him basically that of all his whims and intellect he was still far beneath her and her being, she wasn't joking.
    I hope their discussion in the coming sword issue reflects this. But as I said earlier they are not gods. I don't know if storm would go toe to toe with dormamu,I would like that but that isn't certain for now. Would just wait to see what comes of this also remember storm is not the only god here quill is now also a god so I won't be surprised if they make it a tagged team of those two against dormamu.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The definition of "Gods" in the MU is strewn across a wide spectrum depending on status, origin and place/realm occupied...and writer. One thing is certain though...whichever level in the hierarchy they stand, they are not/have never been Omniscient nor Omnipotent. And that is the main difference to how we see our IRL Christian God. (Not surprisingly, Marvel Gods and Goddesses do closer resemble the Gods of other Faiths and cultures IRL)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yh I know they are very powerful but they are still not gods, dormamu is a god. Comics have seriously done damage to what a god actually is showing heroes take down deities casually has given readers the impression that gods a re basically above averagely powerful superheroes. A god is a literally force of nature to kill a god is to kill a fundamental aspect of existence itself. The only being truly stronger than a god is a bigger god. Hence why tachala called on the hadari yao to deal with the adversary or that venom became a god to deal with knull.
    At best billy is a prophesied future god and strange is a vessel for gods but they at this moment are not gods. Remember rouge storm when storm actually unleashed on doom and told him basically that of all his whims and intellect he was still far beneath her and her being, she wasn't joking.
    I hope their discussion in the coming sword issue reflects this. But as I said earlier they are not gods. I don't know if storm would go toe to toe with dormamu,I would like that but that isn't certain for now. Would just wait to see what comes of this also remember storm is not the only god here quill is now also a god so I won't be surprised if they make it a tagged team of those two against dormamu.
    Yes, depends on what you consider the concept of God, a good example is Dormammu who is a Hell Lord, ruler of the Dark Dimension, is considered a powerful demon, but outside his dimension he becomes weak but remains virtually powerful. Billy is the incarnation of Dimiurge, Elder God who will one day rewrite all the Magic of the magical universe (until it is developed), basically this event has the greatest sorcerers and sorcerers, can't wait to release all the issues, and the conclusion her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yes, depends on what you consider the concept of God, a good example is Dormammu who is a Hell Lord, ruler of the Dark Dimension, is considered a powerful demon, but outside his dimension he becomes weak but remains virtually powerful. Billy is the incarnation of Dimiurge, Elder God who will one day rewrite all the Magic of the magical universe (until it is developed), basically this event has the greatest sorcerers and sorcerers, can't wait to release all the issues, and the conclusion her.
    I know billy has a while ass prophesy on his head but as it is now still not a god, even his mother who wields actual divine power isn't a god. Yh dormamu is a hell lord of of his own dimension but thats the thing hell lord's are gods of their dimensions... Emma explained it in captain marvel about illyana that she was the god of limbo. The gods of the earth are not the gods of the marvel universe because we have the likes of galactus, the pheonix, the living tribunal, eternity and the like all are bigger gods compared to the likes of Odin gaea oshtur and Zeus whom are inturn bigger than Thor, loki, Hercules...etc. all of this is a heirachy and the absolute powers in the heirachy start and end with gods. The shi'ar for instance have their gods same with the skrull, kree...etc.

The billy thing is kinda like storm and her godhead yh before she was worshiped as a goddess but her divine power hadn't been yet made manifest infact the one true instance we get the god head the hadari yao in full display was against the adversary the other instances were ambiguous at best vauge at worst. Now she says she is hadari yao but we need more flesh to her divinity, more depth what does she reign over what is she the archetype of because now it's kinda messy ( she is a storm god or a balance god or s sky god or all the above or...). Though it excite me that she claims it now.
    But like I said yes billy and strange are powerful but they aren't gods at least billy is not one yet. And if gods are going to fight in this it will likely be quill abd storm tag teaming. But I am gonna wait and see cause Ewing can surprise a bitch.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 07-22-2021 at 10:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The definition of "Gods" in the MU is strewn across a wide spectrum depending on status, origin and place/realm occupied...and writer. One thing is certain though...whichever level in the hierarchy they stand, they are not/have never been Omniscient nor Omnipotent. And that is the main difference to how we see our IRL Christian God. (Not surprisingly, Marvel Gods and Goddesses do closer resemble the Gods of other Faiths and cultures IRL)
    A god is a deity yes there are mortals with power that rivals and even to an extreme extent surpass gods that's the whole thing about omega level mutants and charachters. But that still doesn't make them gods hence the term godlike... In terms of power and authority gods are the standards they are manifestations of the the sentience of the universe itself and as such are a fundamental part of it. Let's take Franklin and galactus for example yes Franklin is stronger at his most absolute peak but killing Franklin won't dent the universal order nothing would happen to the universe except that Sue and some humans would cry, but killing galactus is an threat to the very universe itself. So much so that the living tribunal would want answers. You can't kill a god without risking existence itself. But that's a fault of comics as heroes must be shown to overcome odds even as greats and as mighty as gods. And remember when we say gods we mean archetype manifestations of concepts integral to the universe such as time, reality, space, love, balance abd the like. We do have gods that are absolute authorities over elements like Thor and well now storm but in the cosmic heirachy they would be ranked lower. Hence why I prefer if hadari yao was stated to be the god of balance between all natural things, just as the pheonix is the embodiment of life and galactus is the god of destruction.

Incredible Member

To be honest, I don't care if the actress that plays Storm is 5'11, the important thing to me is that she needs to look sculptural and Coel looks sculptural, as someone said, look at those cheekbones! And she's a great actress, that's the most important thing to me. We need a great actress with a wide range of expressions to play Storm.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

A god is a deity yes there are mortals with power that rivals and even to an extreme extent surpass gods that's the whole thing about omega level mutants and charachters. But that still doesn't make them gods hence the term godlike... In terms of power and authority gods are the standards they are manifestations of the the sentience of the universe itself and as such are a fundamental part of it. Let's take Franklin and galactus for example yes Franklin is stronger at his most absolute peak but killing Franklin won't dent the universal order nothing would happen to the universe except that Sue and some humans would cry, but killing galactus is an threat to the very universe itself. So much so that the living tribunal would want answers. You can't kill a god without risking existence itself. But that's a fault of comics as heroes must be shown to overcome odds even as greats and as mighty as gods. And remember when we say gods we mean archetype manifestations of concepts integral to the universe such as time, reality, space, love, balance abd the like. We do have gods that are absolute authorities over elements like Thor and well now storm but in the cosmic heirachy they would be ranked lower. Hence why I prefer if hadari yao was stated to be the god of balance between all natural things, just as the pheonix is the embodiment of life and galactus is the god of destruction.
    I still am in awe marvel recognized her as a true deity. it makes me so happy after so many arguments had online to be validated.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I felt like this was a foreshadowing of what was to come although the xwriters vis twitter did mentioned she was a literal goddess when the xmen fought x-legion

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm going from this in the 90s to being the one character that was able to hurt x-legion was a site to behold:

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...anther-origin/

Marvel Legends is a new line of comic books launching from Marvel Comics as a serialised line of mini-series, intended to be collected and for the main audience, middle-grade graphic novel readers in bookstores, book fairs, and libraries, each retelling or rebooting the origin of a well known Marvel character, under Marvel Senior Editor Lauren Bisom. And it will begin in October with Black Panther Legends, a four-issue series by novelist Tochi Onyebuchi and artist of Bunheads, Setor Fiadzigbey that will retell the origin of the Black Panther.

We meet T'Challa at a very young and impressionable age. He's still figuring out his place in Wakanda as well as Wakanda's place in the world. How that interacts with his sense of duty gives us the major throughline of his journey in this series."The book will begin as the story not of one Wakandan prince, but two, as Black Panther Legends explores the childhood of T'Challa and his adoptive older brother, Hunter. Though Hunter is the eldest, T'Challa is the one destined for the throne, and both must wrestle with their place in a changing world.
    From there, the series promises to explore everything from T'Challa's first encounter with Ororo Munroe to the arrival of the Fantastic Four in Wakanda, all building to T'Challa taking his rightful place in the Marvel Universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I still am in awe marvel recognized her as a true deity. it makes me so happy after so many arguments had online to be validated.
    Yep she is a god an omega who isn't godlike but an actual god. The god mutant.

BANNED

Storm going from this in the 90s to being the one character that was able to hurt x-legion was a site to behold:

She is the most powerful xman period! Yh jean is strong and has a toxic relationship with a cosmic fire chicken but storm is the single most powerful xman, in the words of Logan she is is God's own xman.

Who dares seek an audience with the Regent of Sol?
    Last edited by yogaflame; 07-22-2021 at 01:15 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!