Page 633 of 772 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643683733 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh because storm is a swollen faced middle aged woman? The art is bad the artist needs to go end of story don't drag this longer than it needs to go so a better one can replace him cause this simply ain't it.

Also this is the same thing I saw with jeans face during grant Morrison's run some of the art was horrendous and she looked like botched house elf from Harry Potter.

I live in Africa I am aware of black people's very varied facial features but this ain't it it looks bad and borderline animalistic. I haven't even brought the panel where she arrives to the circle to fight tarn cause that just looks abominable.
    When I got back into comics I was always told to go read Morrison's New X-men as it pretty much set the stage for everything pre-Hickman. But the art is horrible! It's like someone took LSD and used Mr. Potatohead as inspiration for every character.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That explains it a bit. I can see how someone from Africa can have a westernized view of how black people can be viewed because they wish it and i get where you were coming from now.

Yes the art was inconsistent, and yes i understand that you would prefer another artist. I think the artist has potential but i can get your offense abstractly.
    Oh I don't doubt the artist's potential his storm was clearly going for the beautiful Michaela Coel's features bit he failed.... If the art were better this comic which is already amazing would be godtier. The art drags it down in every review and unless the artist can get his shit together he shouldn't be let near storm.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 10-01-2021 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    When I got back into comics I was always told to go read Morrison's New X-men as it pretty much set the stage for everything pre-Hickman. But the art is horrible! It's like someone took LSD and used Mr. Potatohead as inspiration for every character.
    Ikr I wept for jeans face constantly during that run I could even finish the series because of just how bad the art was.

BANNED

At the end of the day I think it's a good thing that the worst thing people can say about the issue is that the art was trash.
    That is a win in my book. The story was superb no flaws except the depowered knife fight which felt too short. But that is personal vendetta

StormBorn06

The last three S.W.O.R.D. issues will be completed by new artist Jacopo Camagni.As far as I know, he's currently in charge of Captain Marvel.

I didn't think the art was that bad. There have been worse arts. until enjoying the fact of the Storm is the face of M. Coel in this comic, who by the way is a beautiful woman and a great actress, too bad she won't be Ororo on the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I didn't think the art was that bad. There have been worse arts. until enjoying the fact of the Storm is the face of M. Coel in this comic, who by the way is a beautiful woman and a great actress, too bad she won't be Ororo on the MCU.
    M Coel is very beautiful. I don't see her as MCU Storm.
    I could see her as before the Storm: Storm

I think it was underrated that Storm is facing off with Omega level threats on the daily.
    Yes, Storm is fighting opponent to take and keep her seat. But as a reminder no one can sit on the Council unless they are in fact an Omega level Mutant, hasn't happen will never happen. For Storm to have taken her seat she defeated an Omega. She kept her seat when challenged by the Volcanic Omega Mutant . She also Challenged Tarn an Omega ,in the ring . And there Was the flash backs omega. So in one issue we established Storm has fought four to five Omega level mutants in a short period of time, and will continue to do so.(even though these will be off panel feats.)
    I feel the gravitas of the situations wasn't met. I guess because it was super uplifting.
    But hopefully with future issue the tone is met.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't Storm is challenging Omega Arakki "on the daily". The three challenges she faced was most likely all there were.
    She clearly fought to claim her seat at the Great Ring (the doppelganger Mutant). She fought Calderak to keep it. She only fought Tarn because he was a disrespectful jackass who needed to be put in his place for his impertinence.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

In What If... Storm as a phoenix, Would it have been the white phoenix? Despite not having mentioned anything about it, she was dressed in white and gold, the classic white phoenix costume….
    There is the question

Attachment 114330

In What If... Storm as a phoenix, Would it have been the white phoenix? Despite not having mentioned anything about it, she was dressed in white and gold, the classic white phoenix costume….
    There is the question

Attachment 114330

I see your Phoenix-Storm and I rise you Spider-Storm!

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

There is the question

Attachment 114330
    I think white and gold is just a fashion statement back then? I mean even Kitty had her fashion moment with it -
    https://13thdimension.com/the-crazy-...f-kitty-pryde/
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I think white and gold is just a fashion statement back then? I mean even Kitty had her fashion moment with it -
    https://13thdimension.com/the-crazy-...f-kitty-pryde/
    It makes sense, perhaps the white phoenix concept arose from these occasions. But Kitty's is interesting. what is the issue?

5 months ago a hater made a Thread with just bad moments / Storm nerfs. lol, how far these haters go, against a character who is a symbol for black women, it makes me very sad.

Attachment 114337

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    What racism?

The artist is quite capable of drawing black features. Broad noses, full lips. (yes there are black people who look like the characters he drew).
    I didn't like the inconsistency from page to page nor his particular style but to say that he rendered Storm in a racist manner is beyond reaching.
    I need you to bring it down a notch right there cause Blacks aren't the only ones with broad noses. There are Asians, Pacific Islanders, Samoans and plenty of other races with broad noses and full lips and there ain't nothing wrong with it so let's stop trying to put these features only on Blacks as if it's a bad thing. The artist is just horrible and we've seen Storm drawn with a broad nose and full lips beautifully. Not all Blacks have and neither should they have pointy candlestick noses to look good.