Page 242 of 772 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I started in the 90s got into through the cartoon but have since read about all of them.
    have you been able to read the original Claremont uncanny xmen? if not I would highly recommend it. it really sets the bar high for the current writers and why some fans including myself at times can be more critical regarding her more recent characterizations.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I have. I have the DVDs. Ice read at least 95% of all storm and 85% of all xmen stories. Maybe it's because I draw but I try not to put my desires on creators so I try to enjoy their work for what it is rather than what I expect. So I was never looking for proof of anything. I know what I read so peeps could just kick rocks. And I have no financial investment beyond consuming the material so the energy dries up quick to be all "but this or that." Don't like stop buying. I'm simple.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    She has always been I remember the statement a late writer once said that comics is basically a white male power fantasy. He is late now but he said this in response to the hate he got for giving storm enough power to affect the silver surfer. He said that if it were thor, wolverine or cap they will rationalize this as the charachter being resourceful or the chatcher being badass. But with storm they could not compute so they hated the writer for it. I have read a lot of battle forums about storm and the tomfoolery that goes on has lead to my hypertension at a very young age. We have idiots saying that human torch is more versatile than storm, that electro is stronger than her that weather wizard is the more powerful weather manipulator. You show them scans of her actually controlling space weather they ignore it it is interestingly maddening. And on top of all this we have threads just created to insult and humiliate storm fans saying they are irrational fanatics whilst glossing over thor, superman and batman fanboys. It is soo beautifully delicious that now storm has soo many omega attached to her title. Like when the official omegas were made public there fanboys will try to rank them and will do everything in their power to low-ball storm within the omega club some go as far as to say she doesn't belong there and that there are there mutants saying iceman is stronger like TF!
    But as surely as the Lord I serve lives storm has been crowned by an actually xwriter as the omegas omega, the most powerful avatar of knull including the likes of the god of thunder and co, and the god of storms. She has come soo far and so has her fans and all we can do is go explore the vast cosmos with her omega of omegas abilities because if knull himself is saying she is packing then she is packing! I mean this guy just ripped through sentry and took over celestials he knows his $#@$.
    Do you happen to have the quote? The writer you are talking about is Dwayne McDuffie. Many of the black writers did attempt to show her as a powerhouse which was consistent with Claremont. However, many of the xwriters at the time were writing her on this scale:

So when you have so many readers driven by what the xoffices put forth i can see how they respond to McDuffie. However, that said there was truth to his position if this were Thor. Even when he is lowballed it it generally accepted that he is a powerhouse because he is consistently shown as one. That is the part that has been missing from the xoffices. Storm, in many ways, was said to be powerful but was rarely shown by the xoffices as being a powerhouse. However, there seems to definitely be a consistent push to showcase her the big gun as Knull mentioned and as we have seen with constant references to her being a REAL goddess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Do you happen to have the quote? The writer you are talking about is Dwayne McDuffie. Many of the black writers did attempt to show her as a powerhouse which was consistent with Claremont. However, many of the xwriters at the time were writing her on this scale:

So when you have so many readers driven by what the xoffices put forth i can see how they respond to McDuffie. However, that said there was truth to his position if this were Thor. Even when he is lowballed it it generally accepted that he is a powerhouse because he is consistently shown as one. That is the part that has been missing from the xoffices. Storm, in many ways, was said to be powerful but was rarely shown by the xoffices as being a powerhouse. However, there seems to definitely be a consistent push to showcase her the big gun as Knull mentioned and as we have seen with constant references to her being a REAL goddess.
    Total trash...can't remember, was this part of Fraction's dogshit X-Men run?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Total trash...can't remember, was this part of Fraction's dogshit X-Men run?
    right?!? believe it not this was from the critically acclaimed xmen run by Brian wood. I was at that time very shocked to see him write her that way.

you still have not read the issues from today?

right?!? believe it not this was from the critically acclaimed xmen run by Brian wood. I was at that time very shocked to see him write her that way.
    Just gonna act like this is Fanfic than...lol

No yet, working a double, but I've already been wonderfully spoiled...

Just gonna act like this is Fanfic than...lol

No yet, working a double, but I've already been wonderfully spoiled...
    right two can play that game lolol.

and awww shucks!!! well when u finally get a chance to review please let me know your thoughts. all the comments I have seen from social have been positive which is a nice.

That was actually Victor Gischler’s run. He was a mixed bag for Storm (so was Wood though). Gischler shocked me because I tweeted him that I loved the issue where The X-Men fought the Unforgiven (vampires) to get Jubilee back and I thought his handling was fairly decent. He responded back with much appreciation. BUT...this part of the story was crap. Having Storm effected by a taser (lmao) and also having her hurricane winds to slow the approach of the sentinels maxing out at 170 or 180mphs when we all know she’s well exceeded those wind speeds for years prior to that was just craptastic writing.

right two can play that game lolol.

and awww shucks!!! well when u finally get a chance to review please let me know your thoughts. all the comments I have seen from social have been positive which is a nice.

From what I've read, I can tell I'm gonna enjoy it.

Storm has always been kind of a glass cannon though. Phenomenal control of the weather with the might of the elements, including cosmic forces. Still physically a relatively normal woman. A very athletic and well trained woman, but not really someone like Thor or any of the supersoldiers who can take a beating.

cleaned this one up quite a bit. Attachment 109280
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    That was actually Victor Gischler’s run. He was a mixed bag for Storm (so was Wood though). Gischler shocked me because I tweeted him that I loved the issue where The X-Men fought the Unforgiven (vampires) to get Jubilee back and I thought his handling was fairly decent. He responded back with much appreciation. BUT...this part of the story was crap. Having Storm effected by a taser (lmao) and also having her hurricane winds to slow the approach of the sentinels maxing out at 170 or 180mphs when we all know she’s well exceeded those wind speeds for years prior to that was just craptastic writing.
    oh thanks for clarifying boo! I was thinking this was right around that sentinels issue when she created that hurricane thst didn't do anything against those bots which I thought was also wood. but its been so long I need to verify when I make these posts lol.

did u read today's issue?

I'm actually feel kind of better sweet. This issue showed that Duggan can write the Marauders like a team and he can do right by Storm. Not saying that he's ever done her that dirty (loved the crucible issue with Storm and Callisto), but this is certainly the best she's ever come across. It'd probably be pure sweetness if I knew exactly where she was going.

From what I've read, I can tell I'm gonna enjoy it.
    awesome lolol. you need to stay away from here on Wednesday when storm is in an issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Storm has always been kind of a glass cannon though. Phenomenal control of the weather with the might of the elements, including cosmic forces. Still physically a relatively normal woman. A very athletic and well trained woman, but not really someone like Thor or any of the supersoldiers who can take a beating.
    she definitely is a glass cannon but so is characters like Rachel. what affords her the ability to go toe to toe like she did against thor were her tk shields. now in the curious case of storm her powers could very much be utilized in a similar fashion but writers never really showcase her powers being utilized defensively. there were a few notable exceptions including the most recent xmen issue when she used her em field to block Stygian hammer attack:

all in all, she has the ability to use her powers in a way that would take her out of the glass cannon category but writers don't use her abilities creatively like this typically.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    cleaned this one up quite a bit. Attachment 109280
    looks nice boo.