Page 269 of 772 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369769 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 11576

I wish marvel would pair BP and Storm with other characters but I'll give BP 1 a look.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    The Windrider and their legends seem to be the pride of Africa. From small showings it seem only Africa has kept the oral tradition of the Windrider though it seems long forgotten. Some recognize her for exactly what she is. It would be weird for Wakanda to not know of Windrider and the legend. It seem even the oral tradition of Windrider reach even their lands.
    thank you! that's all i'm saying. Wakanda is a protectorate of Kenya it seems weird not to know their legends. People seem to break it down to a problem of the two of them being together but in actuality it's the two of them being written as dependent on each other when they are independent stories. If they are together in my perfect world they either have companion books or she is doing her own thing in the x-books and he is doing his own thing int he BP books and it's referenced. that is good enough for me. It doesn't have to dominate or change either of their stories.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by xfire2k13 View Post
    I wish marvel would pair BP and Storm with other characters but I'll give BP 1 a look.
    100% agree. Not because Storm and BP are a bad couple, but Marvel struggles to make the both of them great when they're together in two separate franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That is not what i said. But when that is the only place i can and she is being written as supporting then yes, i do have a problem. I'm a pretty simple dude. It's not that deep, there is no hidden message. It's what i enjoyed vs what i didn't. I did not enjoy reading the only interpretation of Storm being Tchalla's wife. I wasn't behind the scenes but that is what i was given on the market. I'm not doing the blame game i'm simply saying from my perspective as a consumer what i saw and felt. It has nothing to do with soley featured in x-books and i'm honestly not sure how you got there given i've been pretty descriptive in my posts. Disagreeing is one thing but changing my meaning to something completely different than the words provided is another.

And i wasn't expecting anything from Coates, he chose to write storm so that is the responsibility he took on. If he wanted to pair BP with a wakandian goddess he should have created one.
    I can agree to a point. In the beginning I felt everyone saw her role in BP as just the Wife or love interest. And honey that's something Storm is not. She's been shattering those stifling stereotypes from her inception.
    The two as of late have been shown to be their very own person, while still being very much in love, and that's what I'm here for.
    We can only hope the BP franchise grows cause as BP fan I would like him to get all the shine and glory that is his and right seeing how it is his name on the title. But I do love Storm being part of the cast. And it seems as of late they've been trying to make the BP books more cast orientated.(The sequel BP2 will hopefully help sell my point as to why) so hopefully more Room for Other Wakandian to shine and come out retirement. Plenty of flex space for Tchalla. Storm officially the BP Roster.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Point to note...
    While the words "romantic love" and "love story" are stated in the interview, it's seems more like they will be sub-plots to the espionage/rescue mission main plot.

When you read it through a few times, Ridley's words may not have anything to do with T'Challa and Storm.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-18-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

That is not what i said. But when that is the only place i can and she is being written as supporting then yes, i do have a problem. I'm a pretty simple dude. It's not that deep, there is no hidden message. It's what i enjoyed vs what i didn't. I did not enjoy reading the only interpretation of Storm being Tchalla's wife. I wasn't behind the scenes but that is what i was given on the market. I'm not doing the blame game i'm simply saying from my perspective as a consumer what i saw and felt. It has nothing to do with soley featured in x-books and i'm honestly not sure how you got there given i've been pretty descriptive in my posts. Disagreeing is one thing but changing my meaning to something completely different than the words provided is another.

And i wasn't expecting anything from Coates, he chose to write storm so that is the responsibility he took on. If he wanted to pair BP with a wakandian goddess he should have created one.
    you said you care more about the xbooks and storm in them than interpretation of her from the perspective of wakanda. what else would you conclude in that you want stories where she is solely in the xbooks? if she is included in a bp book its always going to be from.the perspective of the wakanda mix. yes there may be elements of xmen lore because she is an xmen but it will always be limited in scope because its not an xbook. not sure where the disconnect is but it seems we are saying the same thing.

coates told the stories he wanted to and I still challenge any storm fan to show me where an xwriter gave her more development than he did having her as a supporting character. it was nothing wrong with his interpretation of revealing she was an actual goddess. he laid the foundation and again if you want Kenyan goddess storm that should be a criticism targeted at the xbooks and not coates.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you said you care more about the xbooks and storm in them than interpretation of her from the perspective of wakanda. what else would you conclude in that you want stories where she is solely in the xbooks? if she is included in a bp book its always going to be from.the perspective of the wakanda mix. yes there may be elements of xmen lore because she is an xmen but it will always be limited in scope because its not an xbook. not sure where the disconnect is but it seems we are saying the same thing.

coates told the stories he wanted to and I still challenge any storm fan to show me where an xwriter gave her more development than he did having her as a supporting character. it was nothing wrong with his interpretation of revealing she was an actual goddess. he laid the foundation and again if you want Kenyan goddess storm that should be a criticism targeted at the xbooks and not coates.
    Then your not interested in Storm and BP being together imo. Storm being a goddess or a windrider or from Kenya is not a x-side story it is Storm's story so if coate's didn't want to tell storm story and how that fit into her being with Tchalla he shouldn't have included her and neither should any future writer. They didn't want to write Storm with BP they wanted to just put Storm with BP.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    The Windrider and their legends seem to be the pride of Africa. From small showings it seem only Africa has kept the oral tradition of the Windrider though it seems long forgotten. Some recognize her for exactly what she is. It would be weird for Wakanda to not know of Windrider and the legend. It seem even the oral tradition of Windrider reach even their lands.
    I think the contrary is stated in the actual book. they have taken the lore of "windrider" and made it their own. hadari yao is just a translation for what the windrider was known to do from the perspective of wakandans:

i kindly request that attention be made to the part about balance
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-18-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think the contrary is stated in the actual book. they have taken the lore of "windrider" and made it their own. hadari yao is just a translation for what the windrider was known to do from the perspectiveof wakandans:

i kindly request that attention be made to the part about balance
    Or he could have just said the wind rider translates to Hadari Yaoi in Wakandian.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Or he could have just said the wind rider translates to Hadari Yaoi in Wakandian.
    storm has many monikers. she isn't solely known as the windrider in Africa:

storm has many monikers. she isn't solely known as the windrider in Africa:

Still would have been less work than you having to go into your well of receipts to try to make the point for him.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Still would have been less work than you having to go into your well of receipts to try to make the point for him.
    nope its no work at all. a quick Google search you can easily find that she wasn't simply called windrider. receipts are just to show that this criticism regarding him not using the term "windrider" is a silly one.

nope its no work at all. a quick Google search you can easily find that she wasn't simply called windrider. receipts are just to show that this criticism regarding him not using the term "windrider" is a silly one.
    see i feel i shouldn't have to do all that. if he wanted to really respect storm history and that is what he was doing as you say it would have been done. and honestly i'm a little entertained because in my mind i'm thinking so she was called by a lot names and he was trying to honor her but he didn't tie it to her most recognizable one and instead went with the connection of balance. it just reads as "lol, sure jan" to me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Regardless if it means basically the same thing. It's still the Wakandan interpretation of who and what she is.
    Where is her Kenyan people's interpretation?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

what good showings? now see you taking me back and im going to have to relive that trauma lol
    Putting the whole Crystal Vs Storm debate to rest

And I'm sorry about the other part
    Some of us wait, some of us act.