Page 263 of 772 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 11576
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Hm. I like Thor yet I love Storm if he is weakening perhaps he can go into hiding for a while because of adversaries wanting to take advanatge of his current state... iand Storm can take over sort of like Beta Ray Bill did and more recently Jane Foster. But the jane Foster thing was kind of recent... or he can go back to being Donald Blake who is also a doctor.

Storm reigns.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Hm. I like Thor yet I love Storm if he is weakening perhaps he can go into hiding for a while because of adversaries wanting to take advanatge of his current state... iand Storm can take over sort of like Beta Ray Bill did and more recently Jane Foster. But the jane Foster thing was kind of recent... or he can go back to being Donald Blake who is also a doctor.
    from what thor fans have mentioned he is still able to utilize his powers without mjolnir. they believe Cates is setting these new story for thor to show he is just as powerful without the hammer.

that said its nice to see ororo getting her props when alongside thor.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Storm reigns.

one of my favorite images of Storm evuh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    one of my favorite images of Storm evuh!!!
    Alex Ross definitely draws a divine and exquisite Storm:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    from what thor fans have mentioned he is still able to utilize his powers without mjolnir. they believe Cates is setting these new story for thor to show he is just as powerful without the hammer.

that said its nice to see ororo getting her props when alongside thor.
    Thor can control the weather without Mjolnir, as he been seen controlling the weather as a child. The only real question is how powerful his weather control is, without Mjolnir.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Thor can control the weather without Mjolnir, as he been seen controlling the weather as a child. The only real question is how powerful his weather control is, without Mjolnir.
    I'm actually having this convo on twitter with a thor fan. this poster claims that he controls his powers like storm in thst he is connected to the weather. that part I'm not sure I believe is true:

This is more examples. From what I've always understood Thor simply creates the weather its not an extension of himself. He powers dont function as Ororo does and his fans want to discredit her abilities while trying to afix descriptions associated with her powerset on to him:

Fantastic Member

This is more examples. From what I've always understood Thor simply creates the weather its not an extension of himself. He powers dont function as Ororo does and his fans want to discredit her abilities while trying to afix descriptions associated with her powerset on to him:

Exactly. She is one with nature. I hope she evolves into an elemental form someday like Iceman.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

BANNED

You understood correctly. It hasn't been stated anywhere that Thor is one with the elements and even the most avid thorfan who actually reads x-men would yield that in terms of control storm surpass him. All this is just a way for them to low-ball her now that marvel is establishing her as she always was the most powerful weather manipulator.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    You understood correctly. It hasn't been stated anywhere that Thor is one with the elements and even the most avid thorfan who actually reads x-men would yield that in terms of control storm surpass him. All this is just a way for them to low-ball her now that marvel is establishing her as she always was the most powerful weather manipulator.
    thanks you and I completely agree.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Perhaps it's because I read and appreciate a vast number of Marvel characters...I will never understand the desperate need to compare these two very distinct characters with their vastly different origins, histories and powersets places in the MU.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

From goddess to pawn....

From goddess to pawn....

Nice post. I wish they would revisit this. Not sure if I want something more sinister behind Xaiver intentions, or do I want ,that to be the moment Xaiver to realize she was far more than just a Mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Nice post. I wish they would revisit this. Not sure if I want something more sinister behind Xavier intentions, or do I want ,that to be the moment Xaiver to realize she was far more than just a Mutant.
    I am actually really, really sick of all of the rectons to make Xavier an *******. While I would be 100% on board with Xavier sensing an unusual deepness within her minds or something of that nature, I do not want yet another story line where the writers make him out to be the ******* mind controller.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Nice post. I wish they would revisit this. Not sure if I want something more sinister behind Xaiver intentions, or do I want ,that to be the moment Xaiver to realize she was far more than just a Mutant.
    thanks boo and I do as well. the question i would have, if they went the sinister route, is why? outside of needing a team to save the original xmen team what would be the benefit of deceiving her on this manner?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Steering her towards what?

My take-away...there wasn't any sinister intent on Xavier's part. Though I can understand why, it may be construed that way, without any follow through. Storm herself is left wondering.

Recognising her to be someone "special" even at that young age, (he could not know that she would turn out to be a very powerful mutant) and considering he and Moira were compiling notes and files on potential candidates they came across, at the time...I would guess "steering" her towards that ultimate meeting a decade later.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!