Page 435 of 772 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Does the Storm fly at the speed of light? Because here speaks who can only hear the song of the Acantis is the one who exerts the speed of light and in Uncanny X-men #166 she created a bond with an Acanti..
    Attachment 111913
    I think she was only able to fly at this speed because of the acanti. do you have the issue number of this ?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Oh, it reminded me (not that you made it in your comment) some Storm haters saying that her choice as Queen of Arakko was a bad choice, which means Arakkis "are too much" for her to handle (All these conclusions drawn from Xmens vs Inhumans Comics, where the whole script is bad). You made a good point, but I think they're not wrong to do that, although the way they approached it was questionable, Arakkos needs a title of its own to somehow not overshadow Krakoa (this year has too many themes, elements for a few pages , if you know what I mean), then their solo would be better (and of course with Storm)

Also, the Arakkos are a dominant people because of their culture, strength, determination are words that define them well, that's because of their own culture, not because they are wild people (which would be an interpretation of the land people in them. ), their aggressive path towards Earth could be a problem for Krakoa, specifically with political issues, they are new to this world, they wanted to take control of Earth, so why not give them a planet? Storm was the right mutant to be in this position of queen, as she is an influencer (and not being influenced by Arakko like some characters I won't name could be) ..

I believe that Storm is and is being well written as a queen so far, but my fear is that she will be caught by a bad writer and make her empire to decay and start blaming her way of leading a people, was the reason for this ruin.
    Storm becoming queen of a Planet is so clearly meant for Phase 5 or 6. It’s beyond a matter of any individual writer.

The MCU doesn’t keep actors forever they tend to Phase them out and get new actors in. Tony Stark and Steve Rogers were killed off, for example.

By Phase 5 we will see the mutants, and the MCU cannot rehash old stories about the Xavier’s School.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm becoming queen of a Planet is so clearly meant for Phase 5 or 6. It’s beyond a matter of any individual writer.

The MCU doesn’t keep actors forever they tend to Phase them out and get new actors in. Tony Stark and Steve Rogers were killed off, for example.

By Phase 5 we will see the mutants, and the MCU cannot rehash old stories about the Xavier’s School.
    you don't think it will start of with the O5, xavier and his school? I would really love for it to follow the comics in terms of introduction of characters though I know this will not likely be the case.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think she was only able to fly at this speed because of the acanti. do you have the issue number of this ?
    The scan said she could perceive and process a song made out of subatomic particles called Tachyons. Tachyons are particles that move massively faster than light. The scan also says because Tachyons are that fast they could be perceived by beings that exceed the speed of light.

This means Storm thought process and perception were FTL. Either the solar wind she was manipulating boosted her speed or Storm gained a cosmic ability which wouldn't surprise me to manipulate Tachyons

I believe that Storm is and is being well written as a queen so far, but my fear is that she will be caught by a bad writer and make her empire to decay and start blaming her way of leading a people, was the reason for this ruin.
    Funny, that’s exactly what happened to Black Panther

BANNED

you don't think it will start of with the O5, xavier and his school? I would really love for it to follow the comics in terms of introduction of characters though I know this will not likely be the case.
    I don’t think so. First class came out not too long ago. Plus the o5 was all white with just one female member and I cannot see Disney ever using that lineup in a movie.

And sadly Fox ran the school into the ground. First Class and even X-Men Apocalypse felt like bad team introduction movies. MCU really has to do something different.

Contest of Champions II #2 (1999) written by Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

I don't think it should start like that now, as there's also been news that they haven't had time to talk about the X-mens yet, there's news that they were thinking about starting from scratch in this universe, they even considered a title of "The Mutants" instead of X-mens, in addition to needing to add terrain, for Krakoa to happen or rather had happened, it was for numerous reasons and defeats that X-mens, mutants went through, the MCU they never follow the same comics material, maybe they do the same as Fox putting the first two teams of X-mens in one, and they will probably invite young actors to spend some time at Marvel Studios, and follow their growth (I think their biggest target audience will be children today)

Fox has only worked on a few stories and there are still many that Marvel can cover in MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    The scan said she could perceive and process a song made out of subatomic particles called Tachyons. Tachyons are particles that move massively faster than light. The scan also says because Tachyons are that fast they could be perceived by beings that exceed the speed of light.

This means Storm thought process and perception were FTL. Either the solar wind she was manipulating boosted her speed or Storm gained a cosmic ability which wouldn't surprise me to manipulate Tachyons
    IMHO, I think you're mixing the abilities of the Acanti and Storm. I can see how the captions can be confusing but I highly doubt Storm can perceive information faster then light.

Now with that being said, I do think she can access subspace to manipulate energy.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    IMHO, I think you're mixing the abilities of the Acanti and Storm. I can see how the captions can be confusing but I highly doubt Storm can perceive information faster then light.

Now with that being said, I do think she can access subspace to manipulate energy.
    I may be wrong because I don't have much knowledge of physics, but the Storm has a greater perception than a normal human being, due to its powers and its vision of energy, when I was a child I studied the formations of rays just observing the electron shell. being formed, and honestly I don't know how fast that can be, but it would be a lot of information to process, even more particles that she can see, her energy vision can reach subatomic scale, now think of her in space.

X-treme #13

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Nah Storm is able to perceive the universe as energy patterns.

"She feels the electrical caress of the interstellar winds against her bare skin..... and thrills to a song composed of the patterns of Tachyons" This text is directly talking about Storm.

Also, the scan didn't mention the Acanti until adding on how fast Tachyons are with "that can only be perceived by those creatures of exceeding the speed of light itself"

This means either Storm is being boosted by solar winds or she can manipulate Tachyons.

Incredible Member

Also in the scan talks about Storm perception too.

She is about to observe how a lightning bolt is made. Well, we know for a fact the flash of a lightning bolt is light speed. Electrons also move at some percent of light speed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She can perceive it and create it but she can't move or react in LS at least not without the direct help of lightning/electricity.
    She's a Goddess....how much more power and abilities do some of you want her to have?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-29-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

"She feels the electrical caress of the interstellar winds against her bare skin..... and thrills to a song composed of the patterns of Tachyons" This text is directly talking about Storm.

Also, the scan didn't mention the Acanti until adding on how fast Tachyons are with "that can only be perceived by those creatures of exceeding the speed of light itself"

This means either Storm is being boosted by solar winds or she can manipulate Tachyons.
    Y'all watch this rain in a universal terms is a very broad thing.
    https://youtu.be/AmRPBBqEkIQ

Hey believe whatever you like.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She can perceive it and create it but she can't move or react in LS at least not without the direct help of lightning/electricity.
    She's a Goddess....how much more power and abilities do some of you want her to have?
    Of course, she's a Goddess, so it's only fair to have the skills and accomplishments of one. Since most comic book characters have a standard kit with super attributes, it's only fitting that Storm has durability, FTL speed and super strength.