Page 338 of 772 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've known Storm was spectacular since I started reading X-Men comics back in 1984. She's had her great writers, her mediocre writers and her piss-poor shitty writers, just as Scott and Jean, throughout their decades history, it has never changed my opinion of her or made her any less spectacular.
    It really isn't a popularity contest.
    i knew storm was spectacular before i was born. I was suppose to be born september year of mohawk but my instincts forced me out in august to be ready. lol

P.S i am enjoying some jack so i may be a bit more typeative than usual. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

stating facts doesn't make it a popularity contest. it is what it is.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i knew storm was spectacular before i was born. I was suppose to be born september year of mohawk but my instincts forced me out in august to be ready. lol

P.S i am enjoying some jack so i may be a bit more typeative than usual. lol
    LOL. I'm quite partial to honey Jack myself.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

LOL. I'm quite partial to honey Jack myself.
    that is gooood. have you tried the cider. It's like 15 % alc 30 proof but damn it's good. A few sips of that followed by jack as a chaser. you would be feeling ready for anything.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    that is gooood. have you tried the cider. It's like 15 % alc 30 proof but damn it's good. A few sips of that followed by jack as a chaser. you would be feeling ready for anything.
    Nope. I'm really a dark, aged rum guy, so...not quite sure how I'll take to the JD Cider.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Nope. I'm really a dark, aged rum guy, so...not quite sure how I'll take to the JD Cider.
    It's pretty good. a light drink but it will mess up before you know it. lol. i hope this doesn't sound boogie but i just can't do bottom shelf on anything other than wine. That is where i get unsure. Oh and Tequila. I don't know what is in tequila but it erases my memories. lol it's the only drink if i have too much it kills my memories it seems because my mind is like a vault and usually i can go in and pull things out but with tequila they just aren't there to pull out. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I totally get that. While I'm a top-shelfer myself, I do like to explore the lower depths on occasion...you can be pleasantly surprised, quite often.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always feel like I am interrupting this thread but I just love this page.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

where is this from?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Small request. Not good with art or anything.
    Can someone make a Storm Marque.

You have creative control.
    But I would like her Tiara in the back center and her Name in front of it.
    Plz&Ty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Interesting to read the replies to my question! Always nice seeing different perspectives.

Also, my friend pointed this out but Storm has been heading to Mars since the X-Men: Red days. It was in front of us all this time

Wooah I thought she was simply standing in front of the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I still don't think it's her simply because I'm used to being disappointed lol! and the commander of the second SWORD ship seems somewhat redundant lol. But either way, I'm worried about this too and also a little worried about all of the power "displays" as well. Some characters, once they have received god like power boosts and important titles, have disappeared and become much more of a background character than before. The excuse is always that they are considered "too powerful" for stories. However, the real issue is that the production team has no creative interest or narrative investment in developing a place for that particular character. That's why I keep saying, Storm needs her own book or a book that centers around her. This would show just how serious they are about truly increasing her status and value in the MU. Coates did all he could to the point of even angering BP fans to make her important and give her a place. The Xbooks have far more agency and space to do even more. So for me, even if she becomes the Regent of Sol, is a goddess, or becomes an elemental being finally, if she has no book to anchor herself in, then she is devoid of any true defining value and will continue to just be wallpaper or a marketing label.
    You are preaching... The fact that the whole regent of Sol and possible beyond because the regent would be leading the expansion and reign of the mutants, is criminal. I mean wolverine, COTA, trial of magneto and able all exist. I won't come for xcorp because Trinary, Monet and Selene needed their own book ages ago. It's disheartening like she is going to simply feature in sword? I doubt she would have any true presence if regent aside the godly monarch that hangs over everyone's head but isn't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I already know her power is spectacular though. She's more popular than Jean and equal in popularity to Cyclops...you'd never know that reading the comics.
    Actually storm is only seccond to wolverine in popularity, the only one I can think of in her league is xavier and magneto. Jean and cyclops are also up there but storm is above them in popularity, this is not only because she is sooo amazing but because she has and is the most prominent poc charachter in marvel and possibly all comics aside black panther, blade is also up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Since when does creating an entire climate and atmosphere on an a whole different planet become "meaningless" lol
    They mean how does it help her charachter.... Like they know she is god tier but what is she doing in the mythos aside being a god tier charachter. Honestly I understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I've said it before but when I somewhat recently re-read the Claremont run (his first one) I came to the conclusion that the story of the X-men is Storm's story. Storm should have a main focus in a book. You don't have X-men without her. The new X-men team would be perfect to me if Storm was on the team (maybe replaced Polaris who I also love but come on for Storm I'd do it). Or have two teams and let Storm lead her own so she's not co-leading with Scott and Jean.

Hopefully Storm gets a major role in a book. Sword might be good but Storm needs to be in a major/flagship book imo.

Maybe she will play a big role in Inferno since it will involve characters on the Quiet Council. Though like many of you I expect she might be off doing stuff in Space, but I guess we'll see. With easy access to Krakoan gates maybe she can do both.
    I think if storm moves to sword it would be elevated in popularity. She is the biggest female charachter marvel has irrespective of their push of carol and Natasha both of whom deserve their break. But they simply can't eclipse her....storm has that je ne sais quoi that can only be found in wonder woman. They are both literally divine in essence and in charachter. Other female charachters are amazing but storm is just just something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Actually storm is only seccond to wolverine in popularity, the only one I can think of in her league is xavier and magneto. Jean and cyclops are also up there but storm is above them in popularity, this is not only because she is sooo amazing but because she has and is the most prominent poc charachter in marvel and possibly all comics aside black panther, blade is also up there too.
    I would agree Wolverine is the only x character more popular than storm.

Fantastic Member

I have to say, although I’m impressed with what Storm did in Planet Size, it was kind of underwhelming. They could have done much more with the art to show what she was actually doing and could have gave her at least one more scan showing her sculpting the climate. Is Storm supposed make a big appearance in S.W.O.R.D #6?
    Last edited by Idiopop; 06-19-2021 at 02:50 AM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

Oh, yes! That is beauty-full and evocative page.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would agree Wolverine is the only x character more popular than storm.
    Most published female comic charachter.