Page 134 of 772 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Good lord I was beginning to think that I was the only one who had an issue with how Storm was written in COTA. To me, she came across as an insecure waif that had to be consoled by the adult in the room. This is not the Storm that I know.
    now hold up wait a minute!! you better be careful in offering criticism up in here even if it supports canon. you will be accused of being caught up in characters always looking strong or being strong even around their friends that they miss the small human beats that exist when among them like moments of insecurity. the shame of it all!!! forget the fact that these characters have been around for many decades and it has nothing to do with "human beats" and all to do with her speaking formally - or more formally - not being an indication of being insecure.

I kid lol. I completely agree especially being consoled like she is a child or something like wtf lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2021 at 11:32 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Good lord I was beginning to think that I was the only one who had an issue with how Storm was written in COTA. To me, she came across as an insecure waif that had to be consoled by the adult in the room. This is not the Storm that I know.
    I thought about it some more...put another way: Storm being insecure to voice her convictions in front of Logan, Cyclops and Jean...yea no; not the strong and confident Storm I know. A woman who has had to fight hard to be held in high esteem as a capable (more than capable actually) leader of the X-Men...a woman who has had to claw her way back from losing her powers...only to be showcased in a way that is not character defining as much as unraveling years of strong characterization and growth for the character. This for me is a miss step for Ororo’s characterization and continues the X-Men Red devaluing of the character imho.

I’m not even going to delve into the Jean ‘comforting’ Ororo crap.

Can anyone tell that I did not like how Ororo was depicted in COTA?

***edited for typos

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    now hold up wait a minute!! you better be careful in offering criticism even if it contradicts canon. you will be accused of being caught up in characters always looking strong or being strong even around there friends that they miss the small human beats that exist when among them like moments of insecurity. the shame of it all forget the fact that these characters have been around for many decades and it has nothing to do with "human moments" and all to do with her speaking formally or more formally not being an indication of being insecure.

I kid lol. I completely agree especially being consoled like she is a child or something like wtf lol

Where’s that damn kiss emoji

I thought about it some more...put another way: Storm being insecure to voice her convictions in front of Logan, Cyclops and Jean...yea no; not the strong and confident Storm I know. A woman who has had to fight hard to be held in high esteem as a capable (more than capable actually) leader of the X-Men...a woman who has had to claw her way back from losing her powers...only to be showcased in away that is not character defining as much as unraveling years of strong characterization.m and growth for the character. This for me is a miss step for Ororo’s characterization and continues the X-Men Red devaluing of the character imho.

I’m not even going to delve into the Jean ‘comforting’ Ororo crap.

Can anyone tell that I did not like how Ororo was depicted in COTA?

baby beautifully said. let it had been the other way and Ororo had said something akin to that to Jean. Bottom of the line it was an ooc moment but we are on the same page here.

Where’s that damn kiss emoji
    I used to leave my signature "kysses" at the end of the post but I think this is better:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

baby beautifully said. let it had been the other way and Ororo had said something akin to that to Jean. Bottom of the line it was an ooc moment but we are on the same page here.

I used to leave my signature "kysses" at the end of the post but I think this is better:

Love love love it!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's just the writer's take on the characters in a moment that's meant to show just how deeply these characters know and understand each other (as they should) and in that context, it doesn't really do anything egregiously harmful to either Storm or Jean.

Especially as Vita also wrote a very strong, decisive and confident Storm back in Marauders 13

And it's not as if Storm has not shown moments of weakness and lack of confidence in the past...as with her self-recrimination over deaths of the Morlocks in the Mutant Massacre.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's just the writer's take on the characters in a moment that's meant to show just how deeply these characters know and understand each other (as they should) and in that context, it doesn't really do anything egregiously harmful to either Storm or Jean.

Especially as Vita also wrote a very strong, decisive and confident Storm back in Marauders 13

And it's not as if Storm has not shown moments of weakness and lack of confidence in the past...as with her self-recrimination over deaths of the Morlocks in the Mutant Massacre.
    Honestly i supsect that very issue is why some have a problem with the characterization here. You would think Storm was in front of an enemy speaking this way and huddled in a corner or something. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

She coming through and building worlds like Attachment 107182

in hindsight the tiara would be red too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

cute art!!

I guess this is further confirmation Storm is not a part of the LGBTQ+ community. Yukio and Ororo - as I always thought - are just really good friends.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...jimenez-covers

I feel like the explanation of this Attachment 107187 shows to me hickman gets Storm power. The part about observing a world even through the galaxy. That is definitely the Storm part, and now we may see an extension of that with the four. It took several telepaths to do this but what is coming up there is only one. That in of itself to me shows the strength of being an omega telepath and makes me wonder what this original hickman circuit would be capable of if Jean was not in space but instead a part of it. I wonder if they could search and observe worlds in dimensions.

Oh and i forgot to share these here.

Attachment 107188
    Attachment 107189

I also just realized i had my pms off. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I feel like the explanation of this Attachment 107187 shows to me hickman gets Storm power. The part about observing a world even through the galaxy. That is definitely the Storm part, and now we may see an extension of that with the four. It took several telepaths to do this but what is coming up there is only one. That in of itself to me shows the strength of being an omega telepath and makes me wonder what this original hickman circuit would be capable of if Jean was not in space but instead a part of it. I wonder if they could search and observe worlds in dimensions.

Oh and i forgot to share these here.

Attachment 107188
    Attachment 107189

I also just realized i had my pms off. lol
    I like, the nudity, in the second one. More frontal nudity, please!

Anyway, we shall see. I do imagine Storm becoming a cosmic being after the Rise of X, due to the cube which she held. I am still waiting for those stats improvements over the official Marvel character information.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I like, the nudity, in the second one. More frontal nudity, please!

Anyway, we shall see. I do imagine Storm becoming a cosmic being after the Rise of X, due to the cube which she held. I am still waiting for those stats improvements over the official Marvel character information.
    I'm waiting for this too those stats i don't believe have been updated since like the 90s, with the exception of her weight.

This may have already been posted here, but I just saw it on Bartel’s Insta page.

Attachment 107220

This may have already been posted here, but I just saw it on Bartel’s Insta page.

Attachment 107220
    I love jen she really does storm justice especially when it comes to how she draws her hair. I just love love her! still hoping she gets to work on that storm solo

Attachment 107220
    Love that hair and costume

more jen: