Page 437 of 772 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 11576

If Storm MUST have superhuman attributes I'd prefer if it was reserved for when she's actively using her God mode. She doesn't have to walk around being a tank 24/7, only in the most dire of situations. That being said, I'd like more creative applications of her power like elemental or electromagnetic shields and weapons. The strength, durability and reaction boosts could come if she has to face a planet buster or something idk
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not sure where this is from but good news:

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    If Storm MUST have superhuman attributes I'd prefer if it was reserved for when she's actively using her God mode. She doesn't have to walk around being a tank 24/7, only in the most dire of situations. That being said, I'd like more creative applications of her power like elemental or electromagnetic shields and weapons. The strength, durability and reaction boosts could come if she has to face a planet buster or something idk
    100% agreed on all of this miss snarks!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thankfully, we have actual writers to make it make sense.
    Because stacking power on top of power and ability on top of ability as some of you do every day...results in a character who either becomes so overpowered, they're unbeatable and poses no threat to anyone (villain or hero) or they're beaten/nerfed in some utterly ridiculous way...both of which makes for really stupid, dumb AF storytelling and characterisation.
    Yes, I understand how power stacking can be detrimental in the long run but some bodily adaptations sometimes are a necessary complements to a well working main mutation, a frail human body (even a peak human one) is ill suited to withstand the titanic forces unleashed by Ororo’s omega power, she needs to be more durable otherwise she would constantly run the risk of damaging her physical body if not utterly destroying it.
    I think her resistance could at the very least work in a scalable fashion not unlike her ability to adapt when facing extreme temperatures.
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-29-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thankfully, we have actual writers to make it make sense.
    Because stacking power on top of power and ability on top of ability as some of you do every day...results in a character who either becomes so overpowered, they're unbeatable and poses no threat to anyone (villain or hero) or they're beaten/nerfed in some utterly ridiculous way...both of which makes for really stupid, dumb AF storytelling and characterisation.
    The fact that she is a literal Goddess among countless ​​mutants that most don't even have a planetary level makes her very robbed, so it would be better for her to have solos where she could venture out on her own without being nerfed so as not to steal all the highlights from others characters.

So that's what I want, I totally agree with you, let's say "Goddess Mode" would be her pinnacle? It was a status they gave her, so it's only fair to give her talents that honor her status (I'm honestly tired of having only quotes to revere her as a Goddess).

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I am quite certain she can do that. Most people forget how many things are put behind the architecture of a rainfall, let alone a hurricane, or blizzard... She can change the weather in a blink of an eye, that alone speaks that her thoughts speed is far beyond LS because to cast a storm in a mere second with the architecture behind it... oh man you have no idea how much thought, calculation and other raw data must be put to make it even work, let alone summon it. You have to be fully aware of the chemicals combustion, the atmospheric pressure, the atoms that are interconnected within it, and so, so many other things which I probably don't even think. So yes, I do believe that Storm has quite the fast thought, definitely at least LS.

I did love today's SWORD issue it was rejuvenating to finally see Storm once more, but man... did I need MORE of it... it just wasn't enough...
    No, her thoughts are not faster than light. Storm's mind is connected to the entire planet (or quadrant of space when not connected to a planet), she manipulates the elements (wind, water. Earth and Eletro-magnetic) by psionically (telekinesis) moving atomic and subatomic particles to manipulate her environment.

She pulls elements from other areas to create weather effects...this is the reason her powers are sometimes limited in certain places. While her manipulation is very fast, it is not faster than lightspeed.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-29-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not sure where this is from but good news:

YAAS! I want sales to grow even more, this title is one of the best of the current phase

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    YAAS! I want sales to grow even more, this title is one of the best of the current phase
    it really is and it features storm!!! I love it!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    No, her thoughts are not faster than light. Storm's mind is connected to the entire planet (or quadrant of space when not connected to a planet), she manipulates the elements (wind, water. Earth and Eletro-magnetic) by psionically (telekinesis) moving atomic and subatomic particles to manipulate her environment.

She pulls elements from other areas to create weather effects...this is the reason her powers are sometimes limited in certain places. While her manipulation is very fast, it is not faster than lightspeed.
    There is real research that claims the speed of thought can be faster than light, and in The Ultimates 2, Monica in her light form lost to a psychic who said the speed of thought was above the speed of light.

Attachment 111981

And Ororo's powers react at the speed of conscious thought (I bet that Galatic Core feat, her powers had to be pretty fast, considering she had a bit of x time before dying without air to reach that full extent. from the Galactic core.)

There is real research that claims the speed of thought can be faster than light, and in The Ultimates 2, Monica in her light form lost to a psychic who said the speed of thought was above the speed of light.

Attachment 111981

And Ororo's powers react at the speed of conscious thought (I bet that Galatic Core feat, her powers had to be pretty fast, considering she had a bit of x time before dying without air to reach that full extent. from the Galactic core.)

I found this scan a while back in xmen 105 on how fast the speed of thought is:

personally I took this as evidence that her powers activate extremely fast as it has been characterized many times her powers activate in less than a conscious thought. however, this could be hyperbole. nevertheless how powers dont take time as some in world would like us to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I am not going to argue with you. However, I would recommend you to read some real-world scientific researches and as some other people pointed out, it is mentioned in multiple places that thoughts usually are faster than light... even the normal human mind is close if not as fast as light, especially if someone thinks logically and/or mathematical. And I am talking about an experienced mind here.

What I can tell you about Storm is that her thoughts are extremely fast... and if the scans say that she heard creatures who can be heard by beings who have fast thoughts... well it is canon and it can't be changed. My statement remains, Storm thoughts are fast, especially if you break into small parts of her mutation and the way it works, you even proved it in your own reply within the quote above... what you believe or not is your own right but when the reality says otherwise, I am sorry but regardless of what you think, the statement remains quite real.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 07-29-2021 at 03:00 PM.

BANNED

Agreed, unless she gets an elemental form she should have increased strength durability and speed for her divine mode.

Attachment 111981
    IIRC, Tyrone is not a telepath. He is a astral projection (energy being) that can possess people. I use to read NU Psi-Force...good series if you can find it.

Now with that being said, if Monica is not flying or reacting at super-speeds her thought speed is as normal as everyone else. Believe me, Monica is one of my favorite heroes (along with Storm and Vixen), I have very deep files on her.

She been stopped by Iron Man, a monkey and dark force users.

Also, Speed of light is 186,232 miles per second. Meaning Monica can circle the earth 8 times in 1 second. In other word, Monica can fly to Paris, pick up some croissants, fly to the Avengers headquarter, then fly to Louisiana to check up on her parents, then fly back to the battlefield, land behind her opponent while they're still thinking "I".

It's funny I just had to explain this in a Thor Vs Superman debate.

As i said earlier, light is much faster than thought. Think about it, Flash and Monica can have whole conversations in a fraction of a second.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

The references to their first encounter in the sword issue was really nice!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I found this scan a while back in xmen 105 on how fast the speed of thought is:

personally I took this as evidence that her powers activate extremely fast as it has been characterized many times her powers activate in less than a conscious thought. however, this could be hyperbole. nevertheless how powers dont take time as some in world would like us to believe.
    Hmmm so according cannon light and thought are the same speed. And her power operates with less than a conscious thought so it could mean her power is actually faster than light?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Hmmm so according cannon light and thought are the same speed. And her power operates with less than a conscious thought so it could mean her power is actually faster than light?
    exactly how fast they operate is what I thought was faster than light. that i think is a bit different from the conversation our friends are having above.