Page 709 of 772 FirstFirst ... 209609659699705706707708709710711712713719759 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 11576

I don’t see Immortal X-men as a Wolverine book or follow up to XLoW/XDoW, but I suppose it’s possible. Hope not though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    If Tchalla does have spies within mutantdom
    It should be
    Manifold( Expected)
    Gentle (who'd I want it to be)
    Storm.(super fun but doubt)

I saw the teaser , but I do hope down the line Storm is return back into the Black Panther franchise. A little further down. I really what the new book and TChalla to get a chance to stretch its legs and feats.

Especially now ,with the unknown of Storm in the current x books status.
    Ill give them till February to lmk what's going on with Storm and where I can find her.
    Gentle would be hard to make work given what we know about the program. The agents T'Challa sent were the best spies he had available and they already left Wakanda before he formally opened the kingdom (presumably around the time he first met the Fantastic Four). Due to Marvel's sliding timescale, that would've been around a decade ago which makes Gentle too young. He wouldn't have even been a teenager, let alone one of the best spies in Wakanda lol.

Not to mention they were supposed to never return to Wakanda or draw too much attention to themselves. Gentle's gone back to Wakanda on several occasions and he's a known member of a public superhero team. My feeling is that either T'Challa made an exception for Gentle because of the nature of the organization he was infiltrating or Gentle is being used as a Trojan horse for the actual Wakandan agent and is unwittingly being used to spy on the X-Men. But it does seem likely that T'Challa has someone in Storm's inner circle that's been feeding him intelligence on Krakoa. It's also possible she's aware because at this point he's lied or omitted the truth so often she may expect something.

Fantastic Member

https://hplusmagazine.com/2014/02/18...te-technology/

I found the article above and it’s about the science of the flow and patterns of nature and I feel like it describes how Storm’s powers work perfectly. It’s simply the power to manipulate the flow of nature.

This was the most interesting part of the article for me as it pertains to Storm’s powers

(First, let’s define flow as how energy passes through a system.)

Flow systems have two basic features (properties). There is the current that is flowing (for example, fluid, heat, mass, or information) and the design through which it flows.” – Adrian Bejan, J. Peder Zane

Flow is not a thing – it is nonpoint – but we can often find its fingerprint. As nature optimizes energy distribution throughout its systems, it forms curious patterns – visual byproducts of flow optimization.

Examples of flow include electricity permeating through a metal sheet, water moving through a river delta, electrical signals jumping between neurons, or blood traveling through a circulatory system. Flow is a universal aspect of systems – living and nonliving alike.”

We’ve always been told how Storm can perceive the weather as shifting patterns of energy and force. She’s able to see and feel this energy and how it flows throughout the fluid elements of nature. Whether it be air, water, lightning, solar radiation, electromagnetism, etc. this gives her command over all these domains. Because plasma and gas are less dense than liquid, it is easier for her to command the atmosphere and what we call “weather” This is why we mostly see her performing feats that are related to weather and atmosphere such as rain, clouds, wind, lighting, humidity, temperature, etc. However she has shown control over all fluid elemental energy, including the energy of the trion dimension.

This scan really simplifies her power for me.

I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post

I found the article above and it’s about the science of the flow and patterns of nature and I feel like it describes how Storm’s powers work perfectly. It’s simply the power to manipulate the flow of nature.

This was the most interesting part of the article for me as it pertains to Storm’s powers

Flow systems have two basic features (properties). There is the current that is flowing (for example, fluid, heat, mass, or information) and the design through which it flows.” – Adrian Bejan, J. Peder Zane

Flow is not a thing – it is nonpoint – but we can often find its fingerprint. As nature optimizes energy distribution throughout its systems, it forms curious patterns – visual byproducts of flow optimization.

Examples of flow include electricity permeating through a metal sheet, water moving through a river delta, electrical signals jumping between neurons, or blood traveling through a circulatory system. Flow is a universal aspect of systems – living and nonliving alike.”

We’ve always been told how Storm can perceive the weather as shifting patterns of energy and force. She’s able to see and feel this energy and how it flows throughout the fluid elements of nature. Whether it be air, water, lightning, solar radiation, electromagnetism, etc. this gives her command over all these domains. Because plasma and gas are less dense than liquid, it is easier for her to command the atmosphere and what we call “weather” This is why we mostly see her performing feats that are related to weather and atmosphere such as rain, clouds, wind, lighting, humidity, temperature, etc. However she has shown control over all fluid elemental energy, including the energy of the trion dimension.

She did state that the ocean is simply a liquid atmosphere which she could control she also said that it is more dense so it's much more difficult. I think this is why she cannot control earth, because it's too dense and it doesn't actually flow but it is implied she can create earthquakes and had caused an erruptions at one point since seismic waves which are energy cause earthquakes and and lava albiett denser than water is still liquid.

It is a nice theory and would perfectly explain why she was able to take control of nanobots in the world. She first said the environment is volatile and subject to change and then took hold of the building blocks of the environment ala the tiny machines them used then to create a windstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    She did state that the ocean is simply a liquid atmosphere which she could control she also said that it is more dense so it's much more difficult. I think this is why she cannot control earth, because it's too dense and it doesn't actually flow but it is implied she can create earthquakes and had caused an erruptions at one point since seismic waves which are energy cause earthquakes and and lava albiett denser than water is still liquid.

It is a nice theory and would perfectly explain why she was able to take control of nanobots in the world. She first said the environment is volatile and subject to change and then took hold of the building blocks of the environment ala the tiny machines them used then to create a windstorm.
    In fact It is explicit.
    Last edited by Amazona dos ventos; 11-26-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Yh I feel you but I am going to go and read other books whilst marvel is doing its own thing. When the storm the arakkii and I can't stress this enough her ancestors and family arrive then I would come back to xbooks, only two more for the year then out.
    I understand, but there are still so many stories to tell about the Arakkii, it would be stupid of the Xoffices to forget about them, and Al Ewing said he would have several plans for them, this year was just an introduction, to understand who they are

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post

Oh, this is really interesting, we have to get Xoffices to read this article. Lolol

One of my favorite things about Storm is that her power overlaps with real life science but can still go far beyond that. I mean look at her galactic core feat for example. Take the knowledge Chris Claremont knew then compared to what we know now and you gain even more respect for what she pulled off!

The amount of inspiration writers can get from just reading a single article!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    One of my favorite things about Storm is that her power overlaps with real life science but can still go far beyond that. I mean look at her galactic core feat for example. Take the knowledge Chris Claremont knew then compared to what we know now and you gain even more respect for what she pulled off!

The amount of inspiration writers can get from just reading a single article!
    You can't be a storm fan and not know science it just can't happen!

You can't be a storm fan and not know science it just can't happen!
    We're loud. We're fanatical. But we always come with receipts!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks for the breakdown and Cool to hear you are a Fan of the Series Avatar, I still need to watch it one day but I hear awesome things about it!

I am glad you liked my commentary, it is also really cool to hear that Storm is Even More powerful then DB let on and it is cool to learn from you Butterflykyss and other just why is not just Omega Level but Goddess Level IMO, Very Cool!
    babe you have to watch all of aang: the last Airbender. it was such a well done series.

yes I'm ready for Ewing to deliver on his promise and explore the goddess element of her abilities. I feel like the issue coming up next month is going to set us up for a goddess feat.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That Was Very Cool to See and read the Bio on Wanda they gave, Thanks!
    you're welcome boo. Wanda is very powerful no one can deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The atmospheric bubble was just waiting to happen in 616; Pryde of the X-Men Storm already did that in an 80's cartoon.

Attachment 115791

And to be specific, she didn't fly all the way to Mars from Earth in that thing, she only went from the orbiting space station down to the surface. Still nice, but not quite "unaided interplanetary travel" nice.
    yes I think u saw a review saying she flew from earth which was not correct. nonetheless im glad they finally canonized this in 616. it's been a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    If Tchalla does have spies within mutantdom
    It should be
    Manifold( Expected)
    Gentle (who'd I want it to be)
    Storm.(super fun but doubt)

I saw the teaser , but I do hope down the line Storm is return back into the Black Panther franchise. A little further down. I really what the new book and TChalla to get a chance to stretch its legs and feats.

Especially now ,with the unknown of Storm in the current x books status.
    Ill give them till February to lmk what's going on with Storm and where I can find her.
    I dont think storm us going to play a huge part in this espionage arc. if anything she will just feed him intel from the connections she has a regent of sol.

as far as the agents im not sure any of them will work based upon what tchalla mentioned. faking their deaths, starting a new life in hiding. though interesting it would be i dont think they would fall under those conditions.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Folks what was the biggest feat that Storm generated a great destructive power, or massive damage?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    babe you have to watch all of aang: the last Airbender. it was such a well done series.

yes I'm ready for Ewing to deliver on his promise and explore the goddess element of her abilities. I feel like the issue coming up next month is going to set us up for a goddess feat.

you're welcome boo. Wanda is very powerful no one can deny that.
    I hope so to with Ewing and Thanks for the talk on Avatar and the Cool Words on Wanda!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Folks what was the biggest feat that Storm generated a great destructive power, or massive damage?

Definitely not this she has feats such as moving clouds on a planetary level at fast speeds which is moon level. I don't think people realize how much energy is required in moving or dispersing clouds on a planetary level. Or she has the feats where she did a global solar wind which had the power to burn the atmosphere off which would also result in the planet itself which is easily a planet level feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

Off the top of my head I would say the hyperstorm story. From my understanding, Rachel didn't amp Storm she just bypassed her conscious control over her powers. So to me that would mean that Storm is fully capable of doing the same thing but she's not a mass murderer.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!