Page 471 of 772 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jean didn’t need the Phoenix Force nor was she in possession of it when she took down Storm, who was out of control, mind you, i.e., she wasn’t holding back, in X-Men: Red.

Frankly, I prefer Jean to be distinguished from the Phoenix Force. She doesn’t need it to siphon psychic energy or to become a being of pure psionic force; she does that all on her own, along with knocking Gladiator, a gang of Silver Surfers, and Galactus on their asses.

I’ve realized why these debates go nowhere. While I am fine with admitting Jean and Storm are equals, some in this thread feel the need to proclaim that Storm has no equal, which is laughable.
    The funniest part to me is none of them can ever be equal and none of them can ever truly be more powerful than the other because their powers are undefinable. It's literally situational.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    technically her powers were still there she just didnt have conscious and direct access to them:

true. very true. i've been reading my xmen dvd recently. i'm up to the adversary story and i swear it's better than i remember. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Now since when did this thread become Storm and friends? Take that mess outta here please. Have some respect for she who swam with Acanti, the Wind Rider, Hadari Yao, Regent Of Mars and the Voice of Sol!!
    It started with one misplaced tk post

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The funniest part to me is none of them can ever be equal and none of them can ever truly be more powerful than the other because their powers are undefinable. It's literally situational.
    they are not equals. im sorry but just no. for years people expressed that storm was not because she was not an omega but now all the sudden this narrative is changing, after the xoffices acknowledged she is god? I love you friends but again just no. maybe Jean and Xavier, are equals both are incredibly powerful telepath( as he was mentioned for the longest being the most powerful telepath in the universe) and they are both human but the fact storm is an omega, whose power class isn't shared with anyone else, and a literal goddess (divine magical heritage) removes any doubt one can claim they are equals. and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-07-2021 at 06:32 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

true. very true. i've been reading my xmen dvd recently. i'm up to the adversary story and i swear it's better than i remember. lol
    that era was so deliciously good. Claremont really did great things not just for storm but the entire team when he first wrote them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

storms powers were neutralized with a gun by forge so villains using technology to do extraordinary things in a comicbook shouldn't be surprising.
    Ohk now this is some deliberate foolishness I won't abide, they can believe that human beings can fly and control the weather in this universe but not psychic guns? Is it me or I smell a lack of argument on their side.

BANNED

they are not equals. maybe Jean and Xavier, as he was mentioned for the longest being the most powerful telepath in the universe but the fact storm us an omega, whose power class isn't shared with anyone else, and a literal goddess removes any doubt one can claim they are equals. and there is nothing wrong with that.
    I mean with the Hickman list they are equals in the omega realm but storm being a god in of herself actually puts her above them all on that list as she is an actual divine being.

was him being hurt because of her storm? I know storm has created a storm to try and shield his mind from them but I didn't know he was affected by it.
    I think so, because he was meditating, and Static Energy hurts telepaths, that's how he was able to find both, as shown in pages later

BANNED

aren't you the authority on posting claims canonically sound? please go reared x-treme xmen issue 9. thats not nitpicking thats stating the facts. you wishing to characterize it as such however does make you look desperate.
    Yes, which is why I usually provide scans to corroborate any claims I make.

they are not equals. im sorry but just no. for years people expressed that storm was not because she was not an omega but now all the sudden this narrative is changing, after the xoffices acknowledged she is god? I love you friends but again just no. maybe Jean and Xavier, are equals both are incredibly powerful telepath( as he was mentioned for the longest being the most powerful telepath in the universe) and they are both human but the fact storm is an omega, whose power class isn't shared with anyone else, and a literal goddess (divine magical heritage) removes any doubt one can claim they are equals. and there is nothing wrong with that.
    I think of characters like Jean as part of Storm pantheon. If in a 1000 years Storm is living as a goddess Jean is right by her side. So i stay 1000% out of Jean vs. Storm. They are soulmates to me. And right or wrong i feel that is what claremont intended. They will have many loves and possibly many lives but they have a level of power and responsibility that they will share forevermore. But that's just me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This. So. Much. This.

I know that I shouldn’t be shocked at how some of these fan boys/girls rationalize their characters power sets and strengths and fail to see how circular their reasoning is…it comes across as pure desperation to attempt to build up their favorite character at the expense of other characters that they profess to also like.

I have never had fans of a specific character affect my enjoyment of a character until just recently - it surprises me that they don’t realize what a disservice they are to the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I think so, because he was meditating, and Static Energy hurts telepaths, that's how he was able to find both, as shown in pages later

Though it is an impressive feat it was a dumb move in her part seeing as she generated soo much energy to block him he was bound to notice. But I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ohk now this is some deliberate foolishness I won't abide, they can believe that human beings can fly and control the weather in this universe but not psychic guns? Is it me or I smell a lack of argument on their side.
    lolol. im not sure but machines have been removing mutant powers for the longest. it should be be such a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I mean with the Hickman list they are equals in the omega realm but storm being a god in of herself actually puts her above them all on that list as she is an actual divine being.
    storms heritage extends beyond the omega classification. her magical heritage alone doesn't allow such a clean to be made and adding her being a literal goddess also removes that argument. if one wants to argue all the omegas are equal just looking at that list that would be incorrect. storm isn't equal to magneto when it comes to manipulating magnetism. conversely he isn't her equal when it comes to weather. again its nothing wrong with characters not being on the same power level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Yes, which is why I usually provide scans to corroborate any claims I make.
    So stop talking shit and go read the book! You have the issue and the run go read it!

lolol. im not sure but machines have been removing mutant powers for the longest. it should be be such a shock.

storms heritage extends beyond the omega classification. her magical heritage alone doesn't allow such a clean to be made and adding her being a literal goddess also removes that argument. if one wants to argue all the omegas are equal just looking at that list that would be incorrect. storm isn't equal to magneto when it comes to manipulating magnetism. conversely he isn't her equal when it comes to weather. again its nothing wrong with characters not being on the same power level.
    And neither Storm nor Quentin are equal to Jean in terms of telepathy. And it ALL, even weather manipulation, begins with the mind.