Page 357 of 772 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    their love will endure, T'Challa and Ororo's. I truly hopeful with all writing storm their love will make it.
    I have to say as I said before, now that Storm truly has her own important place in the MU, and hopefully further development based off of it, I wouldn't have any issues with the couple. I wouldn't rush it, give Storm some time to develop in her role first and then get back to it. But now, Storm and T'Challa could truly become that power couple that many people are hoping for and be a true symbol and example for the Earth as a whole on finally unifying humans and mutants in truly harmonious ways. This could be so huge and I don't feel like either character would be overshadowed by the other given their new positions in the MU. Instead, I believe in this case, their union could only amplify the other. That being said, I'm not really in any rush to pair her off with anyone just quite yet.

Someone mentioned a Storm solo. Still have my fingers crossed for this too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    A guy who owns 2/3s of the Earth with lots of resources and man power for defense is a pretty good ally to have
    Ehhhhh not really though, like yh marvel characters see him primarily as the ocean guy but in truth he is the ruler of atlantis and Atlantis being the greatest ocean civilization makes him ocean ruler by default. The fact of the matter is aside an army and hydromam's hydrokinesis he has no true power over the sea. Yh hydromam's hydrokinesis is powerful but storm elementally roundhouse kicked him like nobody's business demonstrating that his power over water was beneath hers. So I mean what else does namor have an army? Bruh the mutants have omega level reality warpers and telepaths that would be redundant. The fact of the matter is namor is only respected by Charles and Erik because he is a mutant monarch they want him with them when they win not that they need him to win.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    you know whats funny i was just laughing over that particular post because it made me excited. That is honestly the most positive i have seen Mekk80s post so know whoever Mekk80s is though they hide it well that 8 means they dancing like us. lol
    I feel her name dropping HADARI YAO made the entire intergalactic empire of wakanda seem redundant. I mean he was up here saying ohhhh we are unimpressed and storm was bruh I am your god back the F down! This is a great moment for storm for everyone. To be frank I don't want to say this but it seems like it doesn't matter what happened in Coates run, if the xbook didn't acknowledge it mainstream marvel along with all it's fans won't also, it's sad but it's kinda true. That's why storms godhood was a toss and turn every single moment TILL AL EWING DID THAT!

Astonishing Member

Please no Death. you can cheat on the goddess, you can deny her a sword, you can even try to put her in a corner, hell you can lock her in living chrome, but what i can't forgive is underestimating her. Especially not from a potential paramour. One thing i got to say about Tchalla he knew he always had to be ready cause Storm the one.
    Lmao that's fair but I'm a sucker for the "man underestimates woman" trope so I hope we get some more interactions if only to show her the proper respect.

Kyss - Ths issue lived up t every bit ogf the hype you mentioned! Along with her many titles over the years, this one, the Regent of Sol, is just so fitting. And offer so much potential for growth, development, agency and prominence for Storm. I have been more than ready for her to stand amongst the most powerful and influential figures in the MU and make her mark, especially on behalf of mutants (but all those oppressed in the sol system).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Cable. Beyond that it doesnÂ’t really matter to me.
    I can totally get behind that team-up. It's been so long since we got to see them interact on panel but there was a great chemistry and respect between them during Onslaught and the first solo run. If I could have a "Sol Inner Circle" for Storm it would be Cable, Exodus, Mystique (weird but I have some thoughts on this choice), Forge, Darwin and Blink.

SWORD #8 cover looks EPIC. A very good week for Storm fans all around !

Spectacular Member

Alright, it seems some of you misinterpreted my previous post and it seems i have to explain myself. My overall review of this sword book was positive and i was speaking for myself as i always do from an unbias perspective and it seems the only one that understood was Jwatson. If anyone has payed any attention from recent post is I am not easily impressed and i don't have overwhelming expectations but i give props when props are due, the thing i ask from this is consistency which is why i said the whole "regent of sol" thing is irrelevant to me until i see results worth talking about but until then it's just a title. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's mood or excitement and you don't have to like what i say but uh it is what it is, maybe i come off too harsh but trust me it's coming from the right place. Y'all cool and all but i ain't sugar coating nothing for no one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Alright, it seems some of you misinterpreted my previous post and it seems i have to explain myself. My overall review of this sword book was positive and i was speaking for myself as i always do from an unbias perspective and it seems the only one that understood was Jwatson. If anyone has payed any attention from recent post is I am not easily impressed and i don't have overwhelming expectations but i give props when props are due, the thing i ask from this is consistency which is why i said the whole "regent of sol" thing is irrelevant to me until i see results worth talking about but until then it's just a title. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's mood or excitement and you don't have to like what i say but uh it is what it is, maybe i come off too harsh but trust me it's coming from the right place. Y'all cool and all but i ain't sugar coating nothing for no one.
    But we arent just talking about the regency we are talking about mutantdom and it is impressive... Considering they are less than a year old having a death star orbiting the sun doing everything it can to destroy them, the nations, billionaires, supervillains and even heroes who want them to fail and are obstacles. What they have done is impressive and they must be proud. I mean the galactic empire of wakanda was not even built by wakanda prime in the first place they simply found out about a rouge wakandan empire that was out there and conquered it though with great effort but he had all the help in the black hero world including the might of storm helping him and supporting him. None of such goodwill has been given to the mutants it's either they are fetishized or hated there are few who just simply want them to do well. Wakanda had thousands of years to develop and they have and it's amazing but krakoa rising from near extinction to build a nation, terraform a planet and dominate the entire intergalactic economy in little than a year is way more impressive with how their going if mystique doesn't mess it up they could have a bigger empire than even wakanda in little over 10 years.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-24-2021 at 01:30 AM.

My first impression of that scan was me realizing they're drawing her as being part of the elements now. I know it's kind of like the running pattern they've been doing with her latest costume. First the cape, and now her hair. But tbh, I don't know if that's a subtle hint they're giving us. But then again, I'd be giving the writers too much credit for that.

She's always a glass canon, and that's what really is anchoring her right now as being mortal. Even way back when the Omega conditions were different (pre-retcon), it was the only criteria that held her back from being one. If she manages to shift into a full elemental being that's durable and resilient, or at least shift into it temporarily, she'd be checking all the boxes.

And the potential for her elemental form...ahhh...imagine being able to transform to any of the elements she controls. Transforming to air, moisture, electricity, mist, heat, cold, solid ice, etc. This is what I LOVED about Bloodstorm. It gave her some durability by avoiding damage through mist.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm showed Up and shot Doom down! (you just know he's back in Latveria butt-hurt and sulking.) And I LOVED it!
    Personally, though...her appearance in PS:XM was more awesome as she did so much more, power wise. In SWORD she just made a grand pronouncement...one that we ALL had guessed since last week. So yupp...STUNNSATIONAL splash page entrance but not quite as impactful as her PS:XM showing, imo.

I'm very excited and looking forward to see where Ewing is going with the Regent of Planet Arakki.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

To me sword was bigger. For me it felt like the culmination of all doubt Storm may have ever had. This is the first time Storm has accepted all her roles and we know Storm is an all in type. To me it wasn't about other fans and what they think or not but for Storm to lay claim to what she is and will be forevermore. I loved she got to claim them herself rather than be announced or see it on a data page. It moved her character forward from an arc that has existed since Xavier came to see her in Africa.

She IS a Goddess and an Omega mutant. Now it's like, next topic. lol Both in comics and out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's coolz...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I have to say as I said before, now that Storm truly has her own important place in the MU, and hopefully further development based off of it, I wouldn't have any issues with the couple. I wouldn't rush it, give Storm some time to develop in her role first and then get back to it. But now, Storm and T'Challa could truly become that power couple that many people are hoping for and be a true symbol and example for the Earth as a whole on finally unifying humans and mutants in truly harmonious ways. This could be so huge and I don't feel like either character would be overshadowed by the other given their new positions in the MU. Instead, I believe in this case, their union could only amplify the other. That being said, I'm not really in any rush to pair her off with anyone just quite yet.

Someone mentioned a Storm solo. Still have my fingers crossed for this too.
    got it. I personally never felt one overshadowed the other but I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ehhhhh not really though, like yh marvel characters see him primarily as the ocean guy but in truth he is the ruler of atlantis and Atlantis being the greatest ocean civilization makes him ocean ruler by default. The fact of the matter is aside an army and hydromam's hydrokinesis he has no true power over the sea. Yh hydromam's hydrokinesis is powerful but storm elementally roundhouse kicked him like nobody's business demonstrating that his power over water was beneath hers. So I mean what else does namor have an army? Bruh the mutants have omega level reality warpers and telepaths that would be redundant. The fact of the matter is namor is only respected by Charles and Erik because he is a mutant monarch they want him with them when they win not that they need him to win.

I feel her name dropping HADARI YAO made the entire intergalactic empire of wakanda seem redundant. I mean he was up here saying ohhhh we are unimpressed and storm was bruh I am your god back the F down! This is a great moment for storm for everyone. To be frank I don't want to say this but it seems like it doesn't matter what happened in Coates run, if the xbook didn't acknowledge it mainstream marvel along with all it's fans won't also, it's sad but it's kinda true. That's why storms godhood was a toss and turn every single moment TILL AL EWING DID THAT!
    I do not believe it is redundant. if anything it shows just because storm is toed to this new nation wakanda is still independent and will go their own path despite ororo being a big part of their society.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Kyss - Ths issue lived up t every bit ogf the hype you mentioned! Along with her many titles over the years, this one, the Regent of Sol, is just so fitting. And offer so much potential for growth, development, agency and prominence for Storm. I have been more than ready for her to stand amongst the most powerful and influential figures in the MU and make her mark, especially on behalf of mutants (but all those oppressed in the sol system).

I can totally get behind that team-up. It's been so long since we got to see them interact on panel but there was a great chemistry and respect between them during Onslaught and the first solo run. If I could have a "Sol Inner Circle" for Storm it would be Cable, Exodus, Mystique (weird but I have some thoughts on this choice), Forge, Darwin and Blink.

SWORD #8 cover looks EPIC. A very good week for Storm fans all around !
    hey boo I'm soooo happy it lived up to the hype! It truly was a joyous occasion and it nicely tied up some of her memorable moments in ONE FREAKING PANEL. I've heard so many great things about Ewing but he totally lived up to the all that has been said with this issue for me. I'm still on cloud 9.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I think this Says it all on this Historic Moment!

Congrats to Storm Fans on this day! ^_^
    thank you boo!!! its been so long overdue!!!! its good to see you friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    LOL!!!! Well I kind of like speculating about possibilities and sometimes I think just because I put them out there they will never happen because the writers are paying attention LMAO JK!

But another thing that I started thinking about from this was Storm's evolution into a elemental being. I was intrigued by the way that she was drawn as kind of like half and half. Then, I also thought about XMEN Giant Size: Storm and how she talked about the importance of this existence and I came to the conclusion that Storm may never fully transcend into a elemental being but not because she can't but because she chooses not to. What I mean by this is, she WILL definitely do it, but it will be a state that she will only call upon (much like her goddess power) when she needs to. The reason I think this is important is because people have highlighted how Storm has so many titles, but part of this is because Storm is the literal embodiment of all walks of life. She is the meeting point between the Gods and humanity. Therefore, if she were to fully transcend, she would lose all that makes her human. It is Storm's ability to connect despite her place and power that makes her a truly great character. She can strike the fear of god in you and still be your best friend. So I think we may see her access new heights but never fully give into it. I think part of her arc has been learning how to keep a balance. I think in Rogue Storm, Storm got just a taste of her power unleashed and perhaps due to Jean's folly was possibly afraid of it and refrained from accessing that power again. Now after the events of BP I think she understands that power and the responsibility she holds with that power better. She is willing to access that power more often and in new ways, and realizes that simply not using that power doesn't grant one any more control over it. I think this is where her indomitable will comes into play. She has had this tested by holding all of Eternity before. She may finally be the one who is able to not only have great power, but not be consumed by it.

There's more but this is enough for now LOL!
    1. I must say I would agree the writers certainly are paying attention. A good friend of mine way back when used to discuss how storm was a goddess and omega on battle forums. He would use this as an argument to support why storm would be some of the heaviest of hitters in the MU and was eventually banned by mods for doing that. Now look at where we are. Confirmed Omega-Level Mutant and finally officially confirmed as the Hadari Yao in the xbooks.

2. Yes I agree with your points made. Storm has never been that woman who was power hungry because she does value her humanity but as you mentioned i believe what she experienced with the Wakandans showed her the beauty that having such power can be and a blessing it can be for others. I do want her to be able to transition to an elemental being but I would want it to also mirror when she goes goddess mode in which she only taps into that ability when it is absolutely necessary It seems Ewing had her flexing a bit because there was no point in her going semi elemental in that moment. Ororo understands her audience and though she isn't moved play power she knows that this is not true for others, such as Doom. It would appear her message was heard loud and clear .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

To me sword was bigger. For me it felt like the culmination of all doubt Storm may have ever had. This is the first time Storm has accepted all her roles and we know Storm is an all in type. To me it wasn't about other fans and what they think or not but for Storm to lay claim to what she is and will be forevermore. I loved she got to claim them herself rather than be announced or see it on a data page. It moved her character forward from an arc that has existed since Xavier came to see her in Africa.

She IS a Goddess and an Omega mutant. Now it's like, next topic. lol Both in comics and out.
    What’s really important is the X-office acknowledged all of her roles. She is a Queen and a goddess and at times when the X-office was stale she was essentially too big for them. But I’m happy to see this is what Saturnyne meant by the goddess turning to the stars. I know some were upset to see Storm break up with T’Challa. But better Queen/goddess of Mars as opposed to Queen/goddess of Wakanda.

I had no problem with her being in Wakanda when the X-office wasn’t using her. But now? This is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    What’s really important is the X-office acknowledged all of her roles. She is a Queen and a goddess and at times when the X-office was stale she was essentially too big for them. But I’m happy to see this is what Saturnyne meant by the goddess turning to the stars. I know some were upset to see Storm break up with T’Challa. But better Queen/goddess of Mars as opposed to Queen/goddess of Wakanda.

I had no problem with her being in Wakanda when the X-office wasn’t using her. But now? This is amazing!
    when did tchalla and ororo break up? I have not read an issue where that was ever established.

tensions between the two and the country are there but this doesn't constitute a breakup.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2021 at 09:05 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    when did tchalla and ororo break up? I have not read an issue where that was ever established.
    Ditto. Their relationship is strained atm but they made an example to NOT break them up.

Considering how Marvel annulled their marriage if they wanted them broken up it would be under no uncertain terms.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ditto. Their relationship is strained atm but they made an example to NOT break them up.

Considering how Marvel annulled their marriage if they wanted them broken up it would be under no uncertain terms.
    exactly. they had them literally fist fighting like an episode of housewives. if they wanted them done they would simply say that and show it in an inaurgable fashion.