Page 217 of 772 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yeah, I guess you are right about that. I also added more to my comment above.
    in regards to empathy she definitely has displayed this via her spiritual connection to the planet. I dont recall necessarily seeing this with humans.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    in regards to empathy she definitely has displayed this via her spiritual connection to the planet. I dont recall necessarily seeing this with humans.
    True that. She has an empathic link to the Earth itself, and not to people. So probably you are right. Regardless, she is still quite primal and brutal with her powers if she wants to mess up your brain or mind.

BANNED

You are right. I think some people may interject and say her powers should not work ok the astral plane but when looking to how her powers work as you mentioned as described on the marvel page it shouldn't be a surprise.

Taking one step further to some of her obscure abilities is her mental rapport/spiritual bond to the planet and being able to feel her plants when they are thirsty and/or dying. Its a different aspect of her abilities but it all i believe correlates. I would say as it pertains to her connection with plant life/mother earth i see this as being more a spiritual aspect of her abilities. That said, you make excellent points regarding what she did to bishop to the unorthodox application of her abilities linking it all back to psionics' mechanics.
    In the superpowers wikipedia storm is stated to have ecological empathy. She can feel natural systems and draw from it, same as jean can with people.

Astonishing Member

So how would you feel about a Disney movie song number involving Storm doing her own version of Maui's "You're welcome!"? Seeing how she too can apparently can do everything but one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    This is a question for everybody. Who are your top 5 writers for Storm? Based on what I’ve read so far, I would have to say.

Chris Claremont
    Ta-Nehisi Coates
    Grek Pak
    Jonathan Hickman
    Len Wein

And I’ll give Gerry Duggan an honorable mention for him saying she’s the omega’s omega and the most powerful Knull avatar

Chris Claremont (He's that guy.)
    Hickman (more hopeful because i loved his avengers and FF run)
    Greg Pak (i don't feel he got to tell the story he wanted to tell but did the best he could given rights at the time)
    Vita (more hopeful but i think she really gets her voice)
    Duggan(he seems to be the biggest fan and want the best for her.)

Those are the ones where i felt her voice instantly i would say. But it's honestly not really enough.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So how would you feel about a Disney movie song number involving Storm doing her own version of Maui's "You're welcome!"? Seeing how she too can apparently can do everything but one thing.
    Storm can do a lot of things that people do not wish to accept or understand because she becomes way too powerful, more powerful than their favourites. All the speculations here in this thread come to pass from a few months to a few years. Putting aside her OLM status, which took nearly a decade to be recognized. Let's not depower her, just because some people do not comprehend her true abilities or accomplishments or some authors decide to ignore them since it will not work in their story and she will take the spotlight...

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

A rose for a rose.
    Attachment 108615

I’m in a soft, romantic mood.

Astonishing Member

Storm can do a lot of things that people do not wish to accept or understand because she becomes way too powerful, more powerful than their favourites. All the speculations here in this thread come to pass from a few months to a few years. Putting aside her OLM status, which took nearly a decade to be recognized. Let's not depower her, just because some people do not comprehend her true abilities or accomplishments or some authors decide to ignore them since it will not work in their story and she will take the spotlight...
    Don't misunderstand my intention for the joking suggestion. It was not to complain about the extend of her powers, or that she outclasses my favorits (my favorit A-listers are Nightcrawler and Rogue i know their limits), but just having fun thinking about how she could express all she can do in a disney style song number.

After all, for people with only casual knowledge of the X-men, some of them would sound quite outlandish at first. Since the more i see things brought up here, the more i had to remember Maui's number in Moana, detailing all the world changing acomplishments he had done in the past.

Besides he did all of what he claims in the song. It's never questioned in the movie. So it's not like i was comparing her to a character who only lied about his grand achievements.

Also now i had to imagine an "Old Lady Storm" comic, where in a distant future she is called back into action.

True that. She has an empathic link to the Earth itself, and not to people. So probably you are right. Regardless, she is still quite primal and brutal with her powers if she wants to mess up your brain or mind.
    100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    In the superpowers wikipedia storm is stated to have ecological empathy. She can feel natural systems and draw from it, same as jean can with people.
    yes that is correct. she definitely just an empathic bond to the earth, plant life. just not shown with humans.

you know what I find quite ironic. posters who have issue storm full powerset will make petty points about her abilities but will be the same ones giving their faves abilities attributable to Ororo, such as the goddess moniker. storm was and is a goddess once she debuted. she doesn't have cheap gimmicks such as hammers or other magically enhanced objects, and comsic possessions and tons of retcons to make her into something greater than she actually was. she has always been a powerhouse out the gate. this is why she is the Omega's Omega
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-18-2021 at 07:48 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

you know what I find quite ironic. posters who have issue storm full powerset will make petty points about her abilities but will be the same ones giving their faves abilities attributable to Ororo, such as the goddess moniker. storm was and us a goddess once she debuted. she doesn't have cheap gimmicks such as hammers, and comsic possessions and tons of retcons to make her what she as always been. this is why she is the Omega's Omega
    The problem here is that people think that to be a God you needed to have some kind of a godly weapon like Mjolnir for example. Well, that is not how things work, really. This thing works only for Thor, which is laughable, since Thor himself, cannot call himself Thor again, but just Odinson if he doesn't have the weapon... I am like... are you for real? That is just b*llsh*t.

Gods don't need godly weapons to be gods, there is plenty of Gods out there, who are the embodiment of their powers and this is how I see Storm.

The problem here is that people think that to be a God you needed to have some kind of a godly weapon like Mjolnir for example. Well, that is not how things work, really. This thing works only for Thor, which is laughable, since Thor himself, cannot call himself Thor again, but just Odinson if he doesn't have the weapon... I am like... are you for real? That is just b*llsh*t.

Gods don't need godly weapons to be gods, there is plenty of Gods out there, who are the embodiment of their powers and this is how I see Storm.

thir is a god because he is born from odin one of the first earth gods born from the consciousness of man. now I'm curious what in storm lineage makes her an actual goddess. we've seen hints of this in some form or the other in the past but I'm hoping we finally get some answers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    A rose for a rose.
    Attachment 108615

I’m in a soft, romantic mood.
    that's really cute!!! I miss seeing njghtcrawler chivalrous side

BANNED

100% agreed.

yes that is correct. she definitely just an empathic bond to the earth, plant life. just not shown with humans.

you know what I find quite ironic. posters who have issue storm full powerset will make petty points about her abilities but will be the same ones giving their faves abilities attributable to Ororo, such as the goddess moniker. storm was and is a goddess once she debuted. she doesn't have cheap gimmicks such as hammers or other magically enhanced objects, and comsic possessions and tons of retcons to make her what she as always been. this is why she is the Omega's Omega
    Has storm ever sensed if someone was with child aka pregnant.

Fantastic Member

thir is a god because he is born from odin one of the first earth gods born from the consciousness of man. now I'm curious what in storm lineage makes her an actual goddess. we've seen hints of this in some form or the other in the past but I'm hoping we finally get some answers here.

This is just my theory, but I think since she comes from a powerful and royal maternal line of magic spanning back since the dawn of humanity, her ancestors were able to give her the gift of godhead or divinity by passing their power to her spiritually. (Kind of like The Avatars in The Last Airbender except she’s not the reincarnation of them) She is likely the first Omega Level Mutant in her line and she has one of the strongest wills making her the perfect candidate to accept this divine energy. People worshiping her and/or believing in her activates that power making her a true Goddess. I also read that her bloodline was blessed by Oshtur who is one of the Elder gods too (even though I can’t find the scan for it) so that might have something to do with it.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 04-18-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Has storm ever sensed if someone was with child aka pregnant.
    lol. she actually was able to sense she had been impregnated by the brood queen:

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    This is just my theory, but I think since she comes from a powerful and royal maternal line of magic spanning back since the dawn of humanity, her ancestors were able to give her the gift of godhead or divinity by passing their power to her spiritually. (Kind of like The Avatars in The Last Airbender except she’s not the reincarnation of them) She is likely the first Omega Level Mutant in her line and she has one of the strongest wills making her the perfect candidate to accept this divine energy. People worshiping her and/or believing in her activates that power making her a true Goddess. I also read that her bloodline was blessed by Oshtur who is one of the Elder gods too (even though I can’t find the scan for it) so that might have something to do with it.
    I see no error in this assessment. I personally believe her line is favored/blessed by Oshtur because of their divine blood.