Page 418 of 772 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    1) Mostly the more current writers. I like Pak and Yost and now obviously Hickman and Ewing. The only older writer I could say besides Claremont would be Ellis from the 90s Storm mini. In terms of Storm's comic history, I am slightly above noob level lmao. Mostly scans and stories from years of lurking various boards and sites.

As for what made me like Storm, I pretty much was in awe from X-men: The Animated Series. Was just sheer luck that my television was on the right channel at the right time and I looked up to see this woman calling up a hurricane.

Later on, after I knew a thing or two, I knew the scene was during the Dark Phoenix saga part of the series.

2) I want to say when Emma took over her body, she also had the multiple color energy sight.

1. that's a pretty solid list of writers. yost has always been one of my favorites and pak was good too.

I think xmen tas was the way many people grew to love the character. it definitely was one of the reasons I fell in love with her. though for me I think in the 90s I was a bigger psylocke fan.

2. ok I will have to look. I thought it was done that way once before but I couldn't recall specifically where I saw it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. that's a pretty solid list of writers. yost has always been one of my favorites and pak was good too.

I think xmen tas was the way many people grew to love the character. it definitely was one of the reasons I fell in love with her. though for me I think in the 90s I was a bigger psylocke fan.

2. ok I will have to look. I thought it was done that way once before but I couldn't recall specifically where I saw it.
    1) Thanks. I don't believe my standards are high when reading work. Just don't sh!t on a character to prop something or someone else up and do stuff that fly's in the face of what's established for that character. Like imagine the Hell that would rain down on me if I was a Marvel writer and wrote someone like Jean or Professor needed to touch their temple to use their telepathy and if their hands were bound, they'd be powerless. That's the amount of ridiculous I got from lobdell

2) Found it on Google. And I was mistaken, she didn't visually see it but we read she saw it via thought bubble.

yes that is why I tell a lot of storm fans who hate on hudlin that lobldell did much more to hurt the character than hudlin ever could have done. his version was the one many readers were first exposed to due to their surge in popularity during the 90s

Claremont made sure to remind the girls she is immune to weather and its effects though:

I may be wrong, but I've seen with different eyes, on wikis, sites I've always read that say the "Storm powers protect it from the climatic variations that a normal human being couldn't withstand", so I think it's related to its constant connection to the atmosphere, elements, something that would act instantly, subtly with speed (Since she would feel the variations in weather and climate and do something about it). In this particular moment, I saw it more as her body's self-protection, as she was unconscious (?) as her powers acted to protect her from the low temperatures of the Arctic. In the past, I even thought her body was hot because she had just accessed the Earth's electromagnetic field.

But I understand your frustration with this moment, besides being something on a planetary level that Ororo could easily handle, and other series of limitations (**** it's already become a habit in the Storm's life).

1) Thanks. I don't believe my standards are high when reading work. Just don't sh!t on a character to prop something or someone else up and do stuff that fly's in the face of what's established for that character. Like imagine the Hell that would rain down on me if I was a Marvel writer and wrote someone like Jean or Professor needed to touch their temple to use their telepathy and if their hands were bound, they'd be powerless. That's the amount of ridiculous I got from lobdell

2) Found it on Google. And I was mistaken, she didn't visually see it but we read she saw it via thought bubble.

1. Absolutely! I can't tell you how many times I've come across readers who say it would take time for her to use her powers or of course writers whove expressed she needs "weather" for her powers to work. Its quite annoying to see from readers but it is a whole other level of frustrating when writers write her in such a fashion. I remember fraction mentioning she couldn't make it rain inside of a dome. there was no need for her to do it either but it came off as he he wanted to purposefully show her in a was to depower or even devalue her. and those fans would lose their sh!t thats for sure.

2. oh ok no worries boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I may be wrong, but I've seen with different eyes, on wikis, sites I've always read that say the "Storm powers protect it from the climatic variations that a normal human being couldn't withstand", so I think it's related to its constant connection to the atmosphere, elements, something that would act instantly, subtly with speed (Since she would feel the variations in weather and climate and do something about it). In this particular moment, I saw it more as her body's self-protection, as she was unconscious (?) as her powers acted to protect her from the low temperatures of the Arctic. In the past, I even thought her body was hot because she had just accessed the Earth's electromagnetic field.

But I understand your frustration with this moment, besides being something on a planetary level that Ororo could easily handle, and other series of limitations (**** it's already become a habit in the Storm's life).
    I would have been inclined to give lobdell the benefit of the doubt but he goes on to say "immune to weather what does that even mean? thst she doesn't get wet?"

he completely upended what Claremont has essentially said a few times in the regard using the same language to point out her absurd it must be for anything of the sort to be said.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I'd be curious to see what would happen if Iceman tried to put her in a block of Absolute Zero. Ignoring Lobdell since we'd get "absolute hot?", I think we would get another Doom chrome statue moment.

Off topic, but I do wish the energy sight is used more in the future. Let us see the energies that Storm is exposed to.
    Oh, did you guys see the WandaVision episode where Monica gains her powers? So, I wanted Storm's energy vision to be drawn the same way as Monica's, even a little more "deep"
    Attachment 111841

I'd be curious to see what would happen if Iceman tried to put her in a block of Absolute Zero. Ignoring Lobdell since we'd get "absolute hot?", I think we would get another Doom chrome statue moment.
    iceman don't want that smoke. every time he's tried it he got knocked the f out:

Oh, did you guys see the WandaVision episode where Monica gains her powers? So, I wanted Storm's energy vision to be drawn the same way as Monica's, even a little more "deep"
    Attachment 111841
    yes I saw clips online but not from the actual show. I honestly wonder do the modern writers know or remember her energy sight. its been like 20 years since it was last even mentioned I believe.

iceman don't want that smoke. every time he's tried it he got knocked the f out:

This last image I find quite meaningless that Iceman just froze Storm and Rachel out of nowhere! Like, did the writer forget that Ororo can feel the temperature going down?

Attachment 111842

yes I saw clips online but not from the actual show. I honestly wonder do the modern writers know or remember her energy sight. its been like 20 years since it was last even mentioned I believe.
    We should have asked this in the interview with Al Ewing..

That total KO in the second scan lmao!

This last image I find quite meaningless that Iceman just froze Storm and Rachel out of nowhere! Like, did the writer forget that Ororo can feel the temperature going down?

Attachment 111842
    yea great point. that was actually a pretty controversial issue because the term omega mutates was used and a lot of people went out of their way to prove they didn't intend on calling her an omega. well lookie where we are now lolol

We should have asked this in the interview with Al Ewing..
    I honestly completely forgot to ask though I think my question if answered will be a good one lol

Changing the subject a little, a friend of mine (@eversonsalvatore) made galla clothes for Ororo.

Changing the subject a little, a friend of mine (@eversonsalvatore) made galla clothes for Ororo.
    ooohhh that is nice

ooohhh that is nice

If Storm not entering her first MCU fight with this type of energy, I don't want her. If I looked up and saw this BEING coming down to smite my ass, I'd just give up lmao.

This is nice. The Regent of Sol attends the wedding of ______.

Classy, but not upstaging the bride while still letting everyone know who the most beautiful woman in all of comics is.

If Storm not entering her first MCU fight with this type of energy, I don't want her. If I looked up and saw this BEING coming down to smite my ass, I'd just give up lmao.
    hello!!! I need all the drama and fierceness that only storm could bring!!! I also need the music to be dramatic as f to let us know this moment is not to be trifled with!!!

and im glad she is a hero i definitely wouldn't want to be in her crosshairs.

did yall like this look?