Page 625 of 772 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635675725 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That art....ugh! No No No. Why does she look like Michaela Coel in one panel but something completely different (wtf?) after?
    I was offended too ..lol.. But hopefully the art gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That art....ugh! No No No. Why does she look like Michaela Coel in one panel but something completely different (wtf?) after?
    That last page looked like her sky self was getting full off a buffet of clouds.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I did. And I hope he didn't. I think they were checking "if he did"...so I am hoping that leaves room for two things:

- Loop is closed and no upgrades made because she really doesn't need them
    - He did make an upgrade to justify her doing something that she currently can't (i.e. now she takes on elemental forms at will)

I think it gives the writers some creative development opportunities that are outside Storm's current norm.

I think he simply opened her to a deeper level of her potential.

BANNED

Naaah but seriously I think he did something to her and her powers. Remember that after he yielded he said that she is of arakko and perhaps....perhaps of amneth. So what did he see within her that promoted him to make such a statement and what does it mean to be of amneth.
    From its description amneth is home to daemons and primordial eldritch creatures and gods. The eldritch live or exist in amneth. So what does this mean for storm.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 09-29-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A really good issue, story-wise.
    I always love seeing Storm go hand-to-hand but I just wish her fights would last a few pages longer than they do...this "one stroke and done" **** is anticlimactic and boring (I had the same complaint when she vs Death and vs Calisto. The most we've seen her do was against Hatemonger and that was just a reminiscence.) She's supposed to be a highly skilled fighter...I want to see that skill on full display, bloody hell.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Attachment 114203

it was also nice to see so many mutants of color. like the amplifyer from sword and isca features were in full effect.
    Agreed! It felt great to see this is in a x-book, loved that e had strong black features for them, and w/ good uses of their panel time. They helped tell and push the story forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Naaah but seriously I think he did something to her and her powers. Remember that after he yielded he said that she is of arakko and perhaps....perhaps of amneth. So what did he see within her that promoted him to make such a statement and what does it mean to be of amneth.
    From its description amneth is home to daemons and primordial eldritch creatures and gods. The eldritch live or exist in amneth. So what does this mean for storm.
    He could have seem her god abilities when he messed with her DNA...which could be interesting.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t think you’re in the minority. We got to see Ororo use her powers in fun ways throughout the issue, adapt to Arrakki culture, and have some introspective character moments. It’s so rare for us to see Storm at the center of a story and we can get feats at literally any time.
    Ok that’s good to hear and these are my sentiments exactly. All of what you said I agree with

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Did anyone catch the part where they said that Tarn upgraded her powers? How do yall feel about that. Storm didn’t seem too happy as she wants to prove that she’s good enough on her own without any outside intervention.
    They didn’t say he upgraded her powers, they asked her if he did. I guess it’s in the air but not a definite yes.

I'll give you my opinion about the issue, which came out today. I apologize for the spelling mistakes, lol, English is not my strong suit, I just know the basics.

spoilers:
    Although this issue has few things I didn't like, I loved it, Al Ewing's writing was impeccable, the way Ororo was written, imposing and fearless, with blood in her eyes, the Goddess does not bow to anyone.

This challenge, if you don't read a little more carefully and look at the expressions on each one's faces, will seem pointless, but Tarn was impressed by the Storm's willpower, couldn't stand Ororo's lethal and menacing gaze, so he gave up. . . I agree with some thoughts of the folks here, Al Ewing could have used the Divine part of Ororo, in the panels where she was without her powers, it was a waste, but I understand, it's not all flowers, some must be tired in just see Ororo using his fists ("Storm x Callisto") instead of powers, but this issue in particular, I liked it, Al Ewing shouldn't write everything at once in a single issue, I feel great achievements are coming in the issue where the Storm will face the Lethal Legion. And that moment of Ororo at the edge of space was amazing, it only fuels my desire to see more of Sword. Honestly, I'm enjoying this relationship of each mutant in the Ring of Arakko, although some deserve to be developed further.

And that ending, Tarn acknowledging that Storm is not from Krakoa (in his sense that Krakoa is fragile), but from Arakki...or rather, from Amenth (?), The dramatic pause he made before talking about Amenth, he analyzed it , what is it that Al Ewing is hiding lol

The design, the features were not so impeccable, but they were excellent, Ororo had the face of Michaela Coel in some panels.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'll give you my opinion about the issue, which came out today. I apologize for the spelling mistakes, lol, English is not my strong suit, I just know the basics.

spoilers:
    Although this issue has few things I didn't like, I loved it, Al Ewing's writing was impeccable, the way Ororo was written, imposing and fearless, with blood in her eyes, the Goddess does not bow to anyone.

This challenge, if you don't read a little more carefully and look at the expressions on each one's faces, will seem pointless, but Tarn was impressed by the Storm's willpower, couldn't stand Ororo's lethal and menacing gaze, so he gave up. . . I agree with some thoughts of the folks here, Al Ewing could have used the Divine part of Ororo, in the panels where she was without her powers, it was a waste, but I understand, it's not all flowers, some must be tired in just see Ororo using his fists ("Storm x Callisto") instead of powers, but this issue in particular, I liked it, Al Ewing shouldn't write everything at once in a single issue, I feel great achievements are coming in the issue where the Storm will face the Lethal Legion. And that moment of Ororo at the edge of space was amazing, it only fuels my desire to see more of Sword. Honestly, I'm enjoying this relationship of each mutant in the Ring of Arakko, although some deserve to be developed further.

And that ending, Tarn acknowledging that Storm is not from Krakoa (in his sense that Krakoa is fragile), but from Arakki...or rather, from Amenth (?), The dramatic pause he made before talking about Amenth, he analyzed it , what is it that Al Ewing is hiding lol

The design, the features were not so impeccable, but they were excellent, Ororo had the face of Michaela Coel in some panels.
    end of spoilers
    I have to say that I love how this issue had a little bit for everyone, can’t wait to lean more about the lethal legion as well….the art is the weakest element so far but the writing could certainly make up for it if it were to pick up a bit of pace, S.w.o.r.d. has suffered a lot due to fragmentation in the narrative flaw and that’s a total shame.

Here I made a little collage of Storm’s famous duels, I’m probably forgetting a lot of them but these are the main ones I could think of….

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers

This issue was boss. Storm didn't go around just talking hot air nor threats. She walked in and discipline the $#!+ out of Tarn. Does Storm now hold two seats now due to the win or was this a slap on the wrist to Tarn?

Also seeing that version of her face in clouds should be a warning to us. Storm is on Arriko and I think she likes it.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 09-30-2021 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I don't think he has altered the Storm's genetic structure. she had a checkup
    When he said that she's probably from Amenth, I connected with the fact that she has a mystical heritage and that her mutated powers don't represent even 10% of her full potential. He questions her if she could win without her mutated powers and her facial expression of confidence and confidence coupled with the sarcasm of someone who was about to reply "but it's obvious" is all.

There is a version of Storm in Amazing Fantasy.

Attachment 114221
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Also love seeing Frenzy and Storm in the same book Together.