Page 587 of 772 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597637687 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Peace of mind is always the goal.

Literally 0 point in worrying how things will play out when we don't even know how issue #10 will be. Also, Ewing has shown me nothing so far that makes me think he's going to start off with Storm falling flat on her butt right out the gate.
    Oh I am not worried the opposite infact... I felt a bit too calm reading this and that calm is what bothers me.

Anyways going to see my ancestral home this weekend for a festival where we pray to the gods for what we most desire... I will ask them for a storm solo written by a competent black woman to come out as soon as possible.

Mighty Member

At this rate, I expect a Storm movie before a comic.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That scan says what it says. Only bones to be made about it is whether Jean being racist is additive or too destructive to maintain.

On the Storm/BP and Vita front, I wouldn't bet anything of value that was Vita's plot and that's one of a thousand reasons I am leary of Marvel editorial. These folks still go around telling anyone who will listen that they couldn't do major Storm stories because TaNehisi Coates had her appearing in Black Panther. I don't trust them.
    I definitely think it was an editorial thing and they used vita as a shield for any potential backlash from readers
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Make that a franchise instead of movie lol... But have faith the winds would change and we would get that solo which not only explores her relationship with the regency and arrakii but also delves into her family and ancestry and her godhood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    One hand, to be fair in some respects, we did not come out for the last Storm solo.

But to be fair in other respects, nobody buys the Cable solos and teams and they still put him at the front of a book every year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I definitely think it was an editorial thing and they used vita as a shield for any potential backlash from readers
    Yep, yep, yep.

BANNED

One hand, to be fair in some respects, we did not come out for the last Storm solo.

But to be fair in other respects, nobody buys the Cable solos and teams and they still put him at the front of a book every year and a half.

Yep, yep, yep.
    Storm was not really in a good place with the last solo. Now they have so much to work with her regency of Planet Arrako, her godhood, etc before they deal with X-Men and Wakandan ties.

Yep, yep, yep.
    we didn't. just like we ain't come out for sword now its a mess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm was not really in a good place with the last solo. Now they have so much to work with her regency of Planet Arrako, her godhood, etc before they deal with X-Men and Wakandan ties.
    Captain marvel was struggling to make sales for years yet still she had ongoing solos. One can say it's because of the movie but I would argue that carol was relatively unknown as compared to storm before her movie. And unlike carol storm has an already string establishment in the MCU in the form of wakanda. If they decide to make a storm movie they would make just as much or dare I say even more profit. The problem is interest in telling a story and priority. Cable books don't do well yet they are still a thing why? Because the writer's believe that people want to read about a white macho guy with a big gun and anger issues so they pump out more.

On the subject of storm and Jean's sisterhood... That is entirely marvels fault. I have read a lot of books but aside getting good friend vibes I don't see the whole ororo is my sister ad best friend from jean and vice versa. Their relationship is not developed intimately it all still feels too professional rather than familial or deeply platonic.

BANNED

we didn't. just like we ain't come out for sword now its a mess.
    On sword I want to ask a question... It always comes out at the end of every month and sword 7 or is it 6 was the most purchased comic in the week. So I want to ask if that affects overall sales cause when it comes to those things I am a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    On sword I want to ask a question... It always comes out at the end of every month and sword 7 or is it 6 was the most purchased comic in the week. So I want to ask if that affects overall sales cause when it comes to those things I am a bit confused.
    it actually hasn't been coming out every month. I think its been about two between this and the last issue. I'm not sure with sales its actually a really good book even before storm was announced on the team.

That scan says what it says. Only bones to be made about it is whether Jean being racist is additive or too destructive to maintain.

On the Storm/BP and Vita front, I wouldn't bet anything of value that was Vita's plot and that's one of a thousand reasons I am leary of Marvel editorial. These folks still go around telling anyone who will listen that they couldn't do major Storm stories because TaNehisi Coates had her appearing in Black Panther. I don't trust them.
    Yeah I listened to a Duggan podcast the other day and he said it again. Apparently she was one of two mutants who couldn’t be fully used by the X-office (I believe the other was Franklin Richards). At some level I do believe that he was told that, but my follow-up question is to wonder why no one has the critical thinking skills to be like.. “that don’t make no damn sense.” Storm was a supporting cast at best in BP, yet Magik can teach at Strange Academy and be in Savage Avengers? Don’t even get me started on Wolvie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I listened to a Duggan podcast the other day and he said it again. Apparently she was one of two mutants who couldn’t be fully used by the X-office (I believe the other was Franklin Richards). At some level I do believe that he was told that, but my follow-up question is to wonder why no one has the critical thinking skills to be like.. “that don’t make no damn sense.” Storm was a supporting cast at best in BP, yet Magik can teach at Strange Academy and be in Savage Avengers? Don’t even get me started on Wolvie.
    Coates in another interview said the complete opposite. lolol let me see if I can find it.

Coates in another interview said the complete opposite. lolol let me see if I can find it.
    so I misremembered this but he basically says that they (x-offices) were generous in letting him use her and that he didn't own the character. so if anyone wasn't using her it wasn't because of him:

How do you reconcile with the idea that somebody is going to touch T’Challa after you?

I’m totally good with that. You don’t own ****. I’m good with people having their own interpretation in terms of Ororo and T’Challa, and whatever happens there. I was always very much aware of the X-Office and what they were doing over there. And they were very generous in allowing me to do what I was doing over here. I’ll miss them but these characters don’t belong to me.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2...ates-interview

I dont like that instead of saying we ain't using her now (which i guess they kinda did when they said they were waiting for his story to finish up). however, from what I recall of the interview it seemed as though they were saying because Coates has her they couldn't use her which from Coates words doesn't seem to be true. in fact several storm fans made it point to blame Coates and pointing to Duggan interview as to why she wasn't being used and claimed she was a BP property.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-16-2021 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

it actually hasn't been coming out every month. I think its been about two between this and the last issue. I'm not sure with sales its actually a really good book even before storm was announced on the team.
    Oh yh that I was meaning to ask is it that Ewing takes a month hiatus or.... Because I don't see other xbooks suffering from this. It could be because he is cosmic master in marvel but other writer's also juggle multiple books even xbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh yh that I was meaning to ask is it that Ewing takes a month hiatus or.... Because I don't see other xbooks suffering from this. It could be because he is cosmic master in marvel but other writer's also juggle multiple books even xbooks.
    he's over all the cosmic line from what I've heard do that could be the reason.