Page 49 of 772 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This was a fun issue, a little dry with the dialogue and horrendous art but the moments with Storm were nice and I like Xandra’s character. Looking forward to the implications for Ororo and what becomes of the Shi’ar. Her destiny lies in the cosmos from everything we’ve seen from Hickman and I think she’ll go to some insane places. I find it interesting that heavy gravity worlds were mentioned and we know that the Shi’ar are to my knowledge fighting those black hole computer intelligences, maybe those are connected?

I would love to have seen Jean and the Storm make a combo. But the storm was fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my biggest complaint with the art was that it was hard to tell what was going on during the action sequences. it was really jumbled together.

feats like the one today makes me miss claremontian style writing. it my be unclear exactly what she did but what is clear is she blocked the attack with her powers. also not clear is how strong urr but he was able to knock out Scott with one hit.

also one other complaint is enough with lightning lass lol
    Definitely would have benefited from a few Claremontian captions/though bubbles. I don't know if the strength of all Stygians is comparable, but the Imperial Guardsman Quasar/Neutron was Stygian and had class 100 strength(to be fair, he was probably the best of his race to be on the Guard). I think they are made of black holes, hence the 'star field' pattern, which they can channel into strength or energy blasts. Scott's lucky he didn't lose his head!

Last edited by yogaflame; 01-27-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Definitely would have benefited from a few Claremontian captions/though bubbles. I don't know if the strength of all Stygians is comparable, but the Imperial Guardsman Quasar/Neutron was Stygian and had class 100 strength(to be fair, he was probably the best of his race to be on the Guard). I think they are made of black holes, hence the 'star field' pattern, which they can channel into strength or energy blasts. Scott's lucky he didn't lose his head!

your image is not showing.

and thanks for that explanation I didn't really understand much about the stygians. that makes the showing even more impressive and yes he was lucky to have his head still attached.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hmm, can you see it now?

hmm, can you see it now?
    oh yes that works thank you!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Any guesses as to why Storm wants to go to space? Does it have anything to do with the time she spent helping the Intergalactic Wakandan empire?

I'd love to see more of the space whales(Acanti) if Storm really spends more time in space. There was a deep connection there(and one of her greatest feats), barely explored since.

BANNED

Yeah ororo is officialy out of the x-men gold/extraordinary/WaTXM/Bendis/whatever that one time ben grimm pulled her hair hole, we are out of the woods people

Stormbot is dead and gone!

I don't know what is happening with this week's art, but it was terrible, the only good art with these week books was Excalibur and Wolverine...

Also, I would like all of you to concentrate on the way Storm stops spoilers:
    that hammer, do you see how the lightning spreads around her like a dome, I believe this is pure energy magnetic shield, or EM
    end of spoilers as you call it @butterflykyss

On the other hand, the art was absolutely terrible for me personally, especially in the last 10 or so pages. The first ones were good, but then it was like we jumped in an entirely different realm (you know like the Spideys from the multiverse and their realms). I hope they don't keep up with this art, and it doesn't suit Ororo. However, I have to admit that I absolutely loved how they drew her body, it shows that she is still a tall and very fit woman, usually over the Marauders she was drawn as slim, but in today's X-men she was drawn the way she is explained on the marvel database with her Athletic body.

BANNED

Stormbot is dead and gone!
    long live cycbot

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    long live cycbot
    lol, long may they reign!

Fantastic Member

I miss the thought bubbles that explains what exactly was happening on the panels. looking now it's very necessary when characters like Storm appears in action

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Any guesses as to why Storm wants to go to space? Does it have anything to do with the time she spent helping the Intergalactic Wakandan empire?
    uhm i actually think it is odd from a canonical point that she would want to go to space considering her connection to the planet. that said I dont believe it will tie back to her ties to bp. outside of what yoga mentioned maybe the galactic core for someone reason is calling out to her.