Page 164 of 772 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    It was quite a good and interesting article. I do hope Storm reaches the heights as he explains and becomes more powerful than the well known Thor, so Thor can find his better. I learned so much more in-depth about her and the original idea. I just hope that they will accomplish it.
    Wow thanks butteflykiss for osme reason i didn't see the storm interview image until i looked at this reply. That was a wonderful piece. wow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It is a surprisingly in-depth and detailed character piece on Storm. I wonder if he wrote other similar articles on the other X-Men members at the time?

One thing...I don't necessarily want her to be the strongest or most powerful, above the likes of Thor and others...it's not a competition. I do appreciate that it is heavily implied that her inherent power is insurmountable and unrivaled in her own right and capacity, which we have seen from time to time over the decades.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks for the Kind Words and You are Always Welcomed to stop by the thread anytime you like Butterflykyss!

I am Hoping Greatly for the Same Treatment for Storm as well, Besides the F4, Storm is the One I Greatly Wanda the MCU to Get Right so much and get the right actress to Bring all that Storm Fans Want to a Live Action Version of her to the MCU in the Way Miss Olsen has with Wanda!

Also I have been Busy in Other Ways as well You might be interesting in as a Comic Fan, You might want to check Both of these links out and see just how Far My Wanda Fan is willing to Go!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5445705

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5451602
    I most certainly will stop by and send my love!!!

You are undoubtedly the biggest Wanda fan and you defintely make her community proud. keep up the good work!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    So dose this mean we’re getting (omega level mutant) feats (goddes level being feats) and (sorceress supreme feats ) becames if they unlock her full potential then he’s absolutely right.
    I most certainly hope so. the hour of storm us upon us:

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Wow thanks butteflykiss for osme reason i didn't see the storm interview image until i looked at this reply. That was a wonderful piece. wow.
    You're very welcome. I randomly came across it trying to verify the quote cockrum made about storm.. People unfortunately miss the point when they incorrectly categorize this acknowledgment as competition. The facts are when she was created she was intended to be most powerful woman; therefore, it makes sense to contrast said character to the existing powerhouses to verify such a claim. Also, this is effective in countering arguments many like to use in lowballing storm. For years, people said she wasn't a real omega and a goddess but look at where we are now. People also like to ignore a critical fact that jean even was given her iconic power boost to put her on the levels of storm.

its not about competition its about giving credit where its due and these interviews from the past with the creators themselves gives us true insight so that ororo's proper credit can be given. nevertheless, i love finding these gems it makes me appreciate her even more!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-27-2021 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typos
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I most certainly hope so. the hour of storm us upon us:

You're very welcome. I randomly came across it trying to verify the quote cockrum made about storm.. People unfortunately miss the point when they incorrectly categorize this acknowledgment as competition. The facts are when she was created she was intended to be most powerful woman; therefore, it makes sense to contrast said character to the existing powerhouses to verify such a claim. Also, this is effective in countering arguments many like to use in lowballing storm. For years, people said she wasn't a real omega and a goddess but look at where we are now. People also like to ignore a critical fact that jean even was given her iconic power boost to put her on the levels of storm.

its not about competition its about giving credit where its due and these interviews from the past with the creators themselves gives us true insight so that ororo's proper credit can be given. nevertheless, i love finding these gems it makes me appreciate her even more!!!
    Preach. That is usually how it goes. When it's a white dude they are the most powerful just because they are and people feel the need to state it. But if you state the strength of a black woman it' always has to be your putting them into a competition. No, there is no competition. lol

Also weird to me how for an appreciate thread there are those that feel the need to always try to"keep storm in her place" despite being fans of the character. I mean i don't agree with a lot of what other people do but in some way they are appreciating not, i want great for her but not more than over there. weird.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-27-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Preach. That is usually how it goes. When it's a white dude they are the most powerful just because they are and people feel the need to state it. But if you state the strength of a black woman it' always has to be your putting them into a competition. No, there is no competition. lol

Also weird to me how for an appreciate thread there are those that feel the need to always try to"keep storm in her place" despite being fans of the character. I mean i don't agree with a lot of what other people do but in some way they are appreciating not, i want great for her but not more than over there. weird.
    You know you make an excellent point. With thor, hulk, and even with Carol, Jean and more recently scarlet witch the powerful description used with these characters are just automatically accepted; however, when evidence is shown both within 616 and externally users caution people to be realistic or stop making comparisons relative to Ororo. I think a lot of these responses to highlighting her strength is often times her full potential isn't explored. However, when writers give us eternity type feats they are met with calls of "pis" or the display was an outlier. I cant help but think race us a factor but blame shouldn't be lost on writers either.

I recall Byrne was upset Claremont showed Doom running in fear of Storm when she ent rogue so he retconned it to be a doombot:

Luckily Al Ewing retconned it back. That said, there appears to be a lot of factors but facts can't be denied so interviews like the one from 1976 are important to remember.

To your last point, people do appreciate different aspects of her character. Some prefer her to be powerless, some only want her to use weather but for me I want her to be written as her creators intended her to be. They didn't crate her to be a mammie, or a knife wielding punk powerless woman, or even just a rather manipulator who tempered her powers by her humanity. No - they created her to be the most powerful woman character and that is how she should be depicted. Anything less than that is a disservice to the character.

I'm not sure if this was shared but this video gave a pretty comprehensive look at the history of storm.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The fact that there are comic sites and threads and boards dedicated specifically to engendering competition between these characters, as well as the statements and opinions by other posters in this very thread, says otherwise. But whatever...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I guess Dave cockrum was intending to make it a competition when he claimed he had created the most powerful and most beautiful female character?

It not competition its just stating the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The fact that there are comic sites and threads and boards dedicated specifically to engendering competition between these characters, as well as the statements and opinions by other posters in this very thread, says otherwise. But whatever...
    I don't know or go those places. When I'm in here I try to appreciate storm and not tear her down or other characters in this thread and try to do the same for other apprection threads. There are plenty of threads to tear a character down. Personally I come to appreciation threads when I don't want to see that.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Too Butterflykyss and All Storm Fans you all and Wanda Fans Might enjoy this!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm's feet must hurt in hose shoes
    I imagine she has a subtle wind as heel because in one of the pics the back of her foot is not touching the ground and the front is resting on a gold slab.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Too Butterflykyss and All Storm Fans you all and Wanda Fans Might enjoy this!

thats cute is this a real game?

I most certainly will stop by and send my love!!!

You are undoubtedly the biggest Wanda fan and you defintely make her community proud. keep up the good work!

Awwnnn I still do have a soft spot for miss Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Awwnnn I still do have a soft spot for miss Wanda
    have they had any real interactions in 616? I honestly cannot think of any. I know she had more interaction with the O5 back in uncanny early run before Claremont came along.

You know you make an excellent point. With thor, hulk, and even with Carol, Jean and more recently scarlet witch the powerful description used with these characters are just automatically accepted; however, when evidence is shown both within 616 and externally users caution people to be realistic or stop making comparisons relative to Ororo. I think a lot of these responses to highlighting her strength is often times her full potential isn't explored. However, when writers give us eternity type feats they are met with calls of "pis" or the display was an outlier. I cant help but think race us a factor but blame shouldn't be lost on writers either.

I recall Byrne was upset Claremont showed Doom running in fear of Storm when she ent rogue so he retconned it to be a doombot:

Luckily Al Ewing retconned it back. That said, there appears to be a lot of factors but facts can't be denied so interviews like the one from 1976 are important to remember.

To your last point, people do appreciate different aspects of her character. Some prefer her to be powerless, some only want her to use weather but for me I want her to be written as her creators intended her to be. They didn't crate her to be a mammie, or a knife wielding punk powerless woman, or even just a rather manipulator who tempered her powers by her humanity. No - they created her to be the most powerful woman character and that is how she should be depicted. Anything less than that is a disservice to the character.
    When did Ewing retcon it back?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡