Page 724 of 772 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728734 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the one complaint I have about the look although I like it the look seems to be regressive in terms of her characterization. the punk looks is throwback to days gone by and doesn't give me the sense they are looking to move the character forward in embracing the goddess that she is. I want her to experience some growth for once and get out of these circular storyline that keeps her to truly ascending to what she was always meant to be: a goddess.
    I understand perfectly well, but the '80s was a proponent of a lot of artists/writers, so they kind of built a fondness for that time of Storm. And I've already noticed that whenever they design a phase that Ororo is more aggressive, they quickly associate her with her punk look, in my opinion it's very much a stereotype...

The only addendum I would add to this new uniform is the reference to Arakki culture, maybe some skin and face designs, or lines like that, nothing exaggerated, to show that Storm is totally immersed in these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I like this. I like it with the jacket.
    Small nitpicks: the boots could be higher. In my opinion a Combat boot would work. the Ms. Marvel lightening bolt is unnecessary.
    I LOVE his note that her hair is NOT to be shaved and should be "coily" texture.
    Last edited by Sunny; 12-07-2021 at 11:17 AM.

I love this look. The Jacket actually makes the look.
    Love the X emblem. Seeing how it red maybe a indicator to what book she'll be in.
    Not a fan of the lighting bolt, too Ms.Marvel. (tho I know she rocks em).
    I love how they knew not to shave her head and give her the mohawk again lol( Im a fan of the mohawk but I know it's not as trendy as this look.)
    I love the boots. (Kinda wish it was heeled , but I would be nitpicking)
    Kinda wish there was a gold X in the middle instead of the chain. But I love this look. Great job Team Marvel , Team XMen ,Team Storm.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I love the hair, the jacket, the neck piece, and the gold spike knuckles. I don't like the attempt to meld the X symbol and lightning bolt, the cutouts aren't working for me, and the boots are no good. I understand why the knife was included with her new role on Arakko, but I feel like it's played out at this point.

I don't feel it. I don't like the pants and hair situations. Without the jacket it is super boring. She looks very ZARA to me.

What I quite like is how low-key and understatement it is for the new regent of Mars. But I need her to have a cape.

p.s. I want that jacket for myself though!
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-07-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don't feel it. I don't like the pants and hair situations. Without the jacket it is super boring. She looks very ZARA to me.

What I quite like is how low-key and understatement it is for the new regent of Mars. But I need her to have a cape.

I want that jacket too to add to my S.W.O.R.D. jacket wishlist rotation.

Reminds me of her Outback look, with elements of her Punk and X-Treme outfits too.

Great eras to pull from. The final design? A bit clunky/over-designed, but it might settle in(like Bianchi's Astonishing look). I appreciate the concept, and love the hair and jacket, but needs a few tweaks.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I love the look soo much and thank God she finally has her true hair texture, I am very sure the bright lady didnt say my blessed women would have straight white hair and blue eyes. The one thing I am on the fence about are the chains on the shoulder. This is a great battle suit but the chains seem to be a minus rather than a plus to me in magneto or Polaris yes on storm, no. Unless she can magically manipulate them now it would seem redundant to keep it there and could be used against her in battle when she is powerless seeing as marvel really enjoys that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

I like the look without the Jacket. She looks action movement ready. Prefect sneak theif . And I can see her standing next to BP during a mission without looking out of place. Hopefully she's still running around with the cloud cape when she's not wearing the jacket.

I get what your saying. She doesn't seem RoS. More like Arakii Squad leader and I'm not mad at that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I also think where the red X-emblems are on her shoulders should be cut-outs to match the ones on her torso and back.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

And the fellow creators' tributes to Dauterman's new design begin. First up Kris Anka
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CXMLHHQPHR3/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So question to the table.

If Immortal X-Men or X-Men Red are going to be Storm books are include Storm, who would you like to see on the team?
    Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind if the team consisted of half the Arakkis (new characters or not), leaving room only for Storm and two other Krakoa mutants.

It's not a bad look. I rather like it. I do agree heels would put it over the top.

This does make me wonder what team she will be on, as this seems very street-level.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 12-07-2021 at 02:27 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It's not a bad look. I rather like it. I do agree heels would put it over the top.

This does make me wonder what tea she will be on, as this seems very street-level.
    exactly less goddess and more lightning lass and knives i fear.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2021 at 01:58 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly less goddess and more lightning lass and knives i fear.
    Look, I've never cared that much, and I really like characters that are fighters, assassins, snipers... and Al Ewing really likes a more urban Storm, so far so good, but I wouldn't mind too much as long as, they do. his mutant powers put to good use, and excellent melee combat moments (a level Elektra, Black Widow, SpiderWoman), but on the other hand, I see this could further delay the other side of Storm's coin, in this case, his divinity, in an urban core, needs to have urban levels, but I can see the two cores being well written.

And I just don't get so scared, because Al Ewing said he would write Storm with the credibility of a Goddess (hopefully the team Ororo falls with is in a space environment)