Page 105 of 772 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Love the detail

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think the resurrection protocols the individual comes back as their most optimal version.
    Lord, think about what would happen if Storm and the other Omega mutants went through the process. Shoot, Kid Omega's must be god level by now. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Love the detail

Lord, think about what would happen if Storm and the other Omega mutants went through the process. Shoot, Kid Omega's must be god level by now. LOL
    by the goddess the children already having a meltdown about something we knew back in 2017 we sure don't need anything like that to happen lol. though it does has me curious how she would be depicted. though cyclops was resurrected and he still needed his visors so maybe some of them are already at their most optimal?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BP 23 was so bad it's not even worth taking the bait.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They don't even have to retcon it...they can just ignore it as if it never happened. Keeping in mind everything that's going on in X-Men and Avengers currently that have nothing to do with BP's "galactic slave wars" story.
    And, as it is now...with the relationship between Storm and T'Challa, the X-writers have already moved on beyond what's in today's BP...it's literally "so last year".

If you were to ask HiX-Man today: "Is Storm still a Wakandan Orisha?" you'd most likely get a blank stare and "crickets".
    I do disagree with that, actually Coates BP run is cementing what is already known to the world. In the current event that is going on, KIB, Storm is called Goddess by everyone. This means that her Godhood status is most likely cemented, as well. Even the X-Men books confirmed it as well.

So after reading the issue, the first thing I thought about, "What happens if Storm goes through the rebirth system?"
    That is a really good question, but I have another question, can Storm really die now? I mean like putting aside the Krakoa Ressurection protocols, how long before they make her body immortal and ascend her further in godhood?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    BP 23 was so bad it's not even worth taking the bait.
    Yeah, it was indeed bad. I do like the progress that Storm is getting but the rest of the run makes no sense to me so far. What those black heroes were doing there out of sudden? And then when did Bast return to earth. I feel like there is a huge time skip like several hours if not days between each scene. It is very confusing. I feel like Coates is actually struggling with the story. It almost feels like he knows what he wants to write at the end, but he is not sure how to get to there or something, his writing was quite chaotic in this issue.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 02-24-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I do disagree with that, actually Coates BP run is cementing what is already known to the world. In the current event that is going on, KIB, Storm is called Goddess by everyone. This means that her Godhood status is most likely cemented, as well. Even the X-Men books confirmed it as well.

That is a really good question, but I have another question, can Storm really die now? I mean like putting aside the Krakoa Ressurection protocols, how long before they make her body immortal and ascend her further in godhood?
    the goddess thing is here to stay and for those who say otherwise imma let storm have the floor:

other than that im eating real good over the news we got about storm today from bp to marvel voices. the goddess is canonized.

I win!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

by the goddess the children already having a meltdown about something we knew back in 2017 we sure don't need anything like that to happen lol. though it does has me curious how she would be depicted. though cyclops was resurrected and he still needed his visors so maybe some of them are already at their most optimal?
    You know we always assumed that Cyke's inability to control his optic blast was caused by his head injury but we never considered that his mutant power just work that way...head injury or not.

You know we always assumed that Cyke's inability to control his optic blast was caused by his head injury but we never considered that his mutant power just work that way...head injury or not.
    thats a good point. even at his most optimal he simply may not be able to control it.

thats a good point. even at his most optimal he simply may not be able to control it.
    Right, tons of mutants can't turn their powers off.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yeah, it was indeed bad. I do like the progress that Storm is getting but the rest of the run makes no sense to me so far. What those black heroes were doing there out of sudden? And then when did Bast return to earth. I feel like there is a huge time skip like several hours if not days between each scene. It is very confusing. I feel like Coates is actually struggling with the story. It almost feels like he knows what he wants to write at the end, but he is not sure how to get to there or something, his writing was quite chaotic in this issue.

I always find if curious when there is issue with a team of all black heroes being assembled to fight when the same concern is never expressed when a team of all white heroes come together. I think Coates is trying to change that exact narrative. If its ok for the white characters, why can't the black ones do the same without it being questioned?

Bast is a goddess, as well as the Orisha. Time doesn't exist for the in the manner it would for humans. That said, she teleported to their location it wasn't a time skip.

Right, tons of mutants can't turn their powers off.
    yes exactly. aren't these like beta level mutants or something? I forget which classification they fall under.

It would be kind of funny if it turned out Scott's issue is lazy lid. Because of the ruby quartz and always closing his eyes, his eyes never fully developed their natural genetic properties to control his powers.
    basically he put on corrective lenses way too early and never took them off.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I always find if curious when there is issue with a team of all black heroes being assembled to fight when the same concern is never expressed when a team of all white heroes come together. I think Coates is trying to change that exact narrative. If its ok for the white characters, why can't the black ones do the same without it being questioned?

Bast is a goddess, as well as the Orisha. Time doesn't exist for the in the manner it would for humans. That said, she teleported to their location it wasn't a time skip.
    But when those teams get together there is a story about them coming together. People just showed up. Had the story did one shots with each hero of Tchalla forming a relationship with them or at least a flashback to previous interactions it'd feel more authentic. Within the story, only Manifold, Storm, Luke, Misty, and WreckingBall make sense to be there.

It's not like inviting people to a wedding, there's a risk of them dying. At least give some context.

who would have ever thought I would ever read an issues where we get such powerhouse as Storm, Dr. Voodoo, Blue Marvel, and the true Captain Marvel in one book?!?! Next month can't get here fast enough!! Im soooooo freaking excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But when those teams get together there is a story about them coming together. People just showed up. Had the story did one shots with each hero of Tchalla forming a relationship with them or at least a flashback to previous interactions it'd feel more authentic. Within the story, only Manifold, Storm, Luke, Misty, and WreckingBall make sense to be there.

It's not like inviting people to a wedding, there's a risk of them dying. At least give some context.
    well the luxury of a medium that is oversaturated with white characters is that you will get that. you only get so many pages in a comic and we don't need panels wasted on Coates showing Coates reaching out to each of these heroes. off-panel showings wasn't invented by Coates so its safe to assume all of them coming together occurred off-panel.

and the context has been building over the past view issues. wakanda is about to be attacked by an intergalactic army that has conquered countless nations. what more context is needed?

well the luxury of a medium that is oversaturated with white characters is that you will get that. you only get so many pages in a comic and we don't need panels wasted on Coates showing Coates reaching out to each of these heroes. off-panel showings wasn't invented by Coates so its safe to assume all of them coming together occurred off-panel.

and the context has been building over the past view issues. wakanda is about to be attacked by an intergalactic army that has conquered countless nations. what more context is needed?
    Why Tchalla called them? How he convinced them to help. Hes not on friendly terms with most of them. He's at best associates. And this story could be cut in half and add a mini story with him interacting with one or two of them in each issue.

At minimum, put authors' notes in those blocks telling people what books to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Why Tchalla called them? How he convinced them to help. Hes not on friendly terms with most of them. He's at best associates. And this story could be cut in half and add a mini story with him interacting with one or two of them in each issue.

At minimum, put authors' notes in those blocks telling people what books to read.
    As a BP fan you should know he is always several steps ahead of his opponents. He called them because he knew the threat Njadaka with the power of Bast as well as his army could present the Wakandan people.

What other books are referencing this battle taking place in BP? It was barely released lol.

also did you have any issue with a purple Panther made to fight phoenix randomly popping without any context? or tchalla being able to not be hit by mjolnor with only some random context? just a thought.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-24-2021 at 04:19 PM.

As a BP fan you should know he is always several steps ahead of his opponents. He called them because he knew the threat Njadaka with the power of Bast as well as his army could present the Wakandan people.

What other books are referencing this battle taking place in BP? It was barely released lol.
    None, but hes met most of these heroes in other books. BM and Monica must recently would be the Ultimates. Riri, at the end of her solo by Eve Ewing. Miles, maybe CWII. But unless a person read all of those, this seems like a hollow cash grab for BHM.

Like Michael Fifer in Scream 2. Lol

As hollow as it was, he could just have easily put this image in.

Last edited by Cville; 02-24-2021 at 04:24 PM.