Page 128 of 772 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I am not going to group the above, but I do want to step up and say two very important things.

I do love Storm, she is my all-favourite time, mutant goddess, but let me point out that Storm cannot Terraform Mars on her own. I do get that we all want her to be all-powerful, but first, Mars is twice as big as Earth, if I am not mistaken and Storm is still limited by her body limitations. Her will knows no bounds, but her body... sorry but her body won't be able to stand up to the strain which she will get from terraforming a planet twice as big as Earth. Let's be real here, until Storm gets Elemental body or cosmic body, depending on where they aim to go, all that strain will destroy her from inside out and she will turn into Gaia literally since she will be the embodiment of the planet itself.

However! By adding Magneto, Iceman and Jean in the cup, well things change. Magneto can concentrate on magnetic fields and turning Mars core into an active one, like ours. This is something which Storm has never shown as capability, not speaking for the magnetic part but for the core re-activation. Yeah, she can make the weather patterns, she can create fauna and even grow green lands (she did that in BP when she made all those plants growing around her when she reached her goal to manipulate the ships atmospheres) and she can probably help out with the magnetic field. This will only put a strain on her body but that is pretty much, a lot of strain but at least she won't become the planet itself.

On the other hand, Jean can help all three of the Omegas with expanding their powers. She is an Omega Level telepath and people forget that telepathy allows the telepath to help others to use even more of their raw power. Professor X has done that on multiple occasions in the past, I can see Jean doing that to help them maintain control, and put less strain on their minds and help them complete the big task.

And the second thing which I want to point out, this is a team effort. Storm is not the entire X-Men, well in this case Krakoa Team. So it has to be a team effort and I am kinda glad that they picked Magneto, Iceman and Jean for the co-op, I think, all four of them are terrifyingly strong.

And something else came to my mind. If they terraform a planet and that planet becomes Planet X as they mentioned in the Powers of X, you can imagine how Storm, Magneto, Iceman and Jean will be seen as the Primordial Deities of that planet. They will elevate to Godhood. Creating a planet, means you are creating Divine lore, lore which hasn't existed up until that planet was built, terraformed, etc.
    Mars is not larger than earth that is incorrect. Also storm essence connected to vast amounts of energy across the cosmos in Black Panther and though that feat tired her she was fine. also she has several global feats on her own so I don't think its a stretch to claim she could do that feat on her own. there are enough receipts to support it.

growing plants:

cosmic connection:
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-10-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Mars is significantly smaller than the earth. It's essentially half as big volumetrically and only 1/10th as massive. Storm has many planetary feats in her canon on earth. Martian feats would be considerably easier in comparison, simply in terms of scale/mass. Never mind the fact that Storm has manipulated the energy of MILLIONS of stars and planets simultaneously, and reconstructed an entire dimension that was falling apart. It's time for Hickman et al to flex Storm's Omega muscles, and this would be a great start! I am a little nervous Duggan is writing this issue, though. He's not been my favorite of the lineup.
    absolutely and 100% agreed. this would be THE time to allow storm to flex her muscles and though I'm sure we will get an impressive feat im not certain it will be a collective showing. but as you mentioned and as I stated this would be something she could do on her own.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-10-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Never said anything about her terraforming a planet by herself, I'm more so excited for Mutants (krakoan and arrako) and the prospect of the mutants growing their empire.....

HOWEVER, Storm is clearly on a trajectory somewhere awesome and glorious, somewhere she should have been years ago. I'm so sick of hearing about us wanting her to be all-powerful, no baby, that's just her PRESENCE. I'm sick of people putting limitations on her, she's already been a thief, a queen, powerless. Everything has been DONE and I feel like people put limits on her because in truth people are afraid of a STRONG black woman ascending and playing ball with the big boys & girls.

Storm is DESTINED, this photo right here...its giving me category: ASCENSION
    I understand that everybody wants to keep a level head and all that but this is hadari yao, don't say it if you don't mean it.
    Let's stop boxing her in and let her show out.

I just need to say this post is SPOT ON! The bold baby is the truth. For so long people denied she was an omega and made all types of arguments as to why it was not the case. Then people argued why she wasn't a real goddess. Critics love placing limits on her even within the books and I cant help but believe its due to the reason you highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    absolutely and 100% agreed. this would be THE time to allow storm to flex her muscles and though I'm sure we will get an impressive feat im not certain it will be a collective showing. but as you mentioned and as I stated this would be something she could do on her own.

How Strom went so long without being considered an Omega mutant still amazes me
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-10-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    How Strom went gone for long without being considered an Omega mutant still amazes me
    yea she was showing her omega level muscles very early on in her career. I always say this because I believe its important to understanding this point: Jean was given phoenix to put her on the level of Storm. If phoenix is cosmic being capable of unlimited power what does this say about Storm? Claremont even demonstrated through the Roguestorm arc how their powers paralleled in how he described their powers:

why do you think it took so long for this to become csnon?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-10-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Claremont was very purposeful in how he would describe their powers too. The "power sing within her" was how he frequently described jean when using phoenix and he did the same with Roguestorm:

Extraordinary Member

How Strom went so long without being considered an Omega mutant still amazes me
    That’s why she was on the Extinction Team.

yea she was showing her omega level muscles very early on in her career. I always say this because I believe its important to understanding this point: Jean was given phoenix to put her on the level of Storm. If phoenix is cosmic being capable of unlimited power what does this say about Storm? Claremont even demonstrated through the Roguestorm arc how their powers paralleled in how he described their powers:

why do you think it took so long for this to become csnon?
    Had to edit my original post...dang brain was not working with my fingers. LOL

I think the original Dark Phoenix story made Chris shy away from stories dealing with God Level powers. He played around with Rachel and the Phoenix Force but never to the level of Jean.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-10-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Had to edit my original post...dang brain was not working with my fingers. LOL

I think the original Dark Phoenix story made Chris shy away from stories dealing with God Level powers. He played around with Rachel ad the Phoenix Force but never to the level of Jean.
    lololol I gotcha. I'm updating my posts pretty fast too lol.

I think the term omega mutant was first introduced with Rachel though I thought?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think the term omega mutant was first introduced with Rachel though I thought?
    Yes you are correct. Nimrod classified Rachel as an omega mutant when he first arrived, which was the term time the phrase was coined. It has since changed a few times in meaning.

Rachel was the first know Omega mutant and should still be considered one now.

The way I've always see it. If baseline Jean is an Omega level mutant, than Storm is definitely one too. What Jean Grey is to the psychic world, Storm is to the elemental world.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-10-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yes you are correct. Nimrod classified Rachel as an omega mutant when he first arrived, which was the term time the phrase was coined. It has since changed a few times in meaning.
    thanks beloved. this made it odd that she wasn't on the list of omegas but maybe she wasn't included due to being from an alternate timeline.

Rachel was the first know Omega mutant and should still be considered one now.

The way I've always saw it. If baseline Jean is an Omega level mutant, than Storm is definitely on too

if phoenix with jean was meant to put her on storms level then the omega argument was decided very long ago but I concur with your point too.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-10-2021 at 12:04 PM.

BANNED

Wait... Ororo is gonna create an atmosphere for a planetary body that currently exists in a vacuum?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... Ororo is gonna create an atmosphere for a planetary body that currently exists in a vacuum?
    I think so, in planet-size x-men with the other omegas

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I assume it will be a combo of Storm and Magneto.