Page 131 of 772 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ooohhh immma stay out of that conversation lol but I'm glad it has been respectful so far.
    What why? It was an honest question, he is right so far, but if I will be the only one speaking our mind up, I do not like that at all. I just wanted to speak with him and wanted a reply.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-10-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    What why? It was an honest question, he is right. I just wanted to speak with him and wanted a reply.
    well I just don't see any value of offering any criticisms of the book at this point. she had some ok moments but overall I didn't care for her characterization. especially with the XoS. its funny Vita had Jean talk about Ororo's empathy but the same writer had her showing zero empathy when it came to stealing that sword from Wakanda. Its just not a good luck and seeing that she will be leaving the marauders soon asking about such things just seem irrelevant at this point. But that is just me if you and others want to engage I say have fun so as long as everyone is respectful (^_^)

you didn't hold back with that question though lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

well I just don't see any value of offering any criticisms of the book at this point. she had some ok moments but overall I didn't care for her characterization. especially with the XoS. its funny Vita had Jean talk about Ororo's empathy but the same writer had her showing zero empathy when it came to stealing that sword from Wakanda. Its just not a good luck and seeing that she will be leaving the marauders soon asking about such things just seem irrelevant at this point. But that is just me if you and others want to engage I say have fun so as long as everyone is respectful (^_^)

you didn't hold back with that question though lolol
    It just depends on what side one falls on. To some she did show great empathy but for others she did not. Perception.

I have loved reading the last few pages of the Storm thread. I think i've read every post in like the last 10 pages. lol. Good time to be a Storm fan here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It just depends on what side one falls on. To some she did show great empathy but for others she did not. Perception.

I have loved reading the last few pages of the Storm thread. I think i've read every post in like the last 10 pages. lol. Good time to be a Storm fan here.
    thats awesome that you read every post I think windrider was saying essentially the same thing. the fact this new Hickman era is giving us content to discuss I think is very nice because goddess knows we need to see a better use of her character.

in regards to perception, empathy is not something that is one-sided. her cause was solely focused on that of krakoa, with her assumption saving krakoa would ultimately save the world and hence wakanda. that said how the events played out the swords were not necessary and the xmen were able to teleport to otherworld and defeat annihilation and her forces anyway. a true empathetic act would have seen her execute what she did in wakanda quiet differently because she had a "screw you" attitude towards them.)
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2021 at 04:32 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

thats awesome that you read every post I think windrider was saying essentially the same thing. the fact this new Hickman era is giving us content to discuss I think is very nice because goddess knows we need to see a better use of her character.

in regards to perception, empathy is not something that is one-sided. her cause was solely focused on that of krakoa, with her assumption saving krakoa would ultimately save the world and hence wakanda. that said how the events played out the swords were not necessary and the xmen were able to telepathy there and defeat annihilation and her forces anyway. a true empathetic act would have seen her execute what she did in wakanda quiet differently because she had a "screw you" attitude towards them.
    As someone who is fortunately and very unfortunately very empathic in person and sensitive to energy i can say from my perspective that isn't always the case. When it is a situation of dire need and all sides are desperate or seemingly so, sometimes you can get a coldness that helps you rationalize who needs help first. right or wrong, i'm just saying i can see how you can see two situations and feel more pulled to one than the other empathically. And i obviously read the story different because i didn't feel a screw you attitude in that if she had just stole it first i would completely agree but she rationalized things based on what she was feeling and i just happened to fall on her side even if i take all connections out of it. For me i think Storm made the right choice and a fair choice given the obligations she chose to take on.

As they say, sometimes it's better to ask for an apology or the rest i can't remember.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

As someone who is fortunately and very unfortunately very empathic in person and sensitive to energy i can say from my perspective that isn't always the case. When it is a situation of dire need and all sides are desperate or seemingly so, sometimes you can get a coldness that helps you rationalize who needs help first. right or wrong, i'm just saying i can see how you can see two situations and feel more pulled to one than the other empathically. And i obviously read the story different because i didn't feel a screw you attitude in that if she had just stole it first i would completely agree but she rationalized things based on what she was feeling and i just happened to fall on her side even if i take all connections out of it. For me i think Storm made the right choice and a fair choice given the obligations she chose to take on.

[

As they say, sometimes it's better to ask for an apology or the rest i can't remember.
    She basically said screw your culture, screw your protocols I need this sword and you will be better for in the end. I know you believe her to have made the right choice but looking at how the actual story played and to the end of XoS, and seeing that Tchalla showed up the same night she was there, what harm would it have been for her to wait until morning before going on her 007 raid of their relic? That sword did absolutely nothing for and it strained a relationship between an ally, who so happens to be one of the most powerful nations in the MU.

all in all the story was actually pretty ridiculous. for all storm has done for wakanda I would imagine they would just give her the sword and if they didn't I think an in character storm would have just waited at least a day before looking to more extreme measures.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-10-2021 at 05:47 PM.

She basically said screw your culture, screw your protocols I need this sword and you will be better for in the end. I know you believe her to have made the right choice but looking at how the actual story played and to the end of XoS, and seeing that Tchalla showed up the same night she was there, what harm would it have been for her to wait until morning before going on her 007 raid of their relic? That sword did absolutely nothing for and it strained a relationship between an ally, who so happens to be one of the most powerful nations in the MU.
    Though one couldd say she is their goddess now so that trumps all. lol. But either way, we are now living in the time of Storm. I'm almost scared to say how excited i am for the potential of whats to come because i never expected much but i've liked this run so much i'm starting to garner expectations. Not like specific ones but for the same feeling of excitement they have been making me feel. I can't remember the last time i didn't regret spending this much money on something just because of how i think.

You think Bast would have let Shuri question her like that?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Though one couldd say she is their goddess now so that trumps all. lol. But either way, we are now living in the time of Storm. I'm almost scared to say how excited i am for the potential of whats to come because i never expected much but i've liked this run so much i'm starting to garner expectations. Not like specific ones but for the same feeling of excitement they have been making me feel. I can't remember the last time i didn't regret spending this much money on something just because of how i think.

thats the biggest issue with the story. I know we have to accept how it was told because it was canon but do you really expect the wakandan royal family to deny her something like this considering how many times she has came to their aid to fight alongside them to defeat threats to their nation? This story was made up solely to remove her from Wakanda which I dont think was necessary. As I mentioned, Wolverine can have ties to all aspects of the MU outside the xmen without issue but the one she has needs to be sullied so that she can show she is independent?

Nevertheless, Coates run now running in parallel just reiterates how absurd that issue was and hopefully more isn't unnecessarily done to destroy that tie. Storm needs to be a big player in the MU and these connections should be built upon each other and not stripped away. Nevertheless, if the endgame is for her to have her little corner of the MU that revolves around her I would be all for this but I'm not encouraged this is the direction the xoffices are going in honestly.

In what regard? What did Shuri say to Bast?

Astonishing Member

Children of the Atom was predictably mediocre but I liked the Storm and Jean interaction. They’re one of the X-Men’s best friendships and in an era that I’ve found somewhat sterile in terms of characterization, it’s nice to see Vita making time to remind us how close these women are. Other writers are doing their part to inject some personality into the characters they’re working with.

Also put me in the “terraforming Mars/new mutant stronghold” camp. Omegas were on that cover for Planet-Size X-Men for a reason and with their gifts it makes sense. But this is Hickman so it’s got to be more than just turning a desert into a garden. Excited to see where that takes Storm because we still got that lingering favor owed by the Shi’ar Empire plus that cosmic heart thing.

Can we please stop commenting on something which is long past? This entire issue with Storm and T'Challa, and her stealing the sword was so OOC for both sides that for me, it was just a small budge along the long path. She repaired those relationships already. And I am quite certain that Marvel Editorial has taken a note to not do something so stupid again. Even though, I am quite certain we will see something like that happening in the future. For now, let's concentrate on Storm, Magneto, Jean and Iceman terraforming a planet. That was a good and positive topic.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Children of the Atom was predictably mediocre but I liked the Storm and Jean interaction. They’re one of the X-Men’s best friendships and in an era that I’ve found somewhat sterile in terms of characterization, it’s nice to see Vita making time to remind us how close these women are. Other writers are doing their part to inject some personality into the characters they’re working with.

Also put me in the “terraforming Mars/new mutant stronghold” camp. Omegas were on that cover for Planet-Size X-Men for a reason and with their gifts it makes sense. But this is Hickman so it’s got to be more than just turning a desert into a garden. Excited to see where that takes Storm because we still got that lingering favor owed by the Shi’ar Empire plus that cosmic heart thing.

I personally liked CotA because they point out Storm's empathy in a much more evident way than Duggan did or Coates for that matter. I am looking forward to seeing what this will bring to the table when she meets them next month. And then hopefully, we will get back to Storm's ascension and terraforming a planet with the other Omegas. As someone mentioned way back or was it in another threat... all Omegas are like Gods.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-11-2021 at 06:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Can we please stop commenting on something which is long past? This entire issue with Storm and T'Challa, and her stealing the sword was so OOC for both sides that for me, it was just a small budge along the long path. She repaired those relationships already. And I am quite certain that Marvel Editorial has taken a note to not do something so stupid again. Even though, I am quite certain we will see something like that happening in the future. For now, let's concentrate on Storm, Magneto, Jean and Iceman terraforming a planet. That was a good and positive topic.

I personally liked CotA because they point out Storm's empathy in a much more evident way than Duggan did or Coates for that matter. I am looking forward to seeing what this will bring to the table when she meets them next month. And then hopefully, we will get back to Storm's ascension and terraforming a planet with the other Omegas. As someone mentioned way back or was it in another threat... all Omegas are like Gods.
    IDK see the point in arguing about Storm and T’Challa. They’ve been broken up by the X-Office, after seeing the sales for Coates’ run Marvel has a good chance of not wanting to continue much of what he built, and T’Challa is out the MCU so there’s no purpose terms of marketing for editorial. The next BP run will either have him single or introduce some new love interest while Storm likely remains single in the X-line while being part of this much hyped arc planned by Hickman himself. Both seem set up for great things (though Storm’s future looks brighter overall).

COTA just seemed boring I guess. I only kinda care for the characters and I found the pacing and paneling disjointed. Admittedly I don’t care for the concept but taking out that bias I just wasn’t wowed the way I was with SWORD or Hellions. Maybe Storm playing a more prominent role will inject some life into the book but IDK how much that’ll help with the more structural issues this run seems to be having. I’m far more interested in the stuff she’ll be doing with the other omegas, terraforming a planet or something of that nature opens up a bunch of cool story opportunities.

When did she fix those relationships. She took the sword back. There is no dialogue. That doesn't negate the fact she tried to steal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    When did she fix those relationships. She took the sword back. There is no dialogue. That doesn't negate the fact she tried to steal it.
    Yes, but T'Challa, didn't stop her from taking the sword, he told her, himself, that he would have given her the sword if she just asked. Taking back the sword was just the first point showing that things are on the right path, the second part was in KiB: BP issue, where T'Challa still calls her his love and that he is deeply wounded by her capture. This pretty speaks that whatever was happening between them, is fixed as best as it can be. Stealing that sword is not okay, but things have been repaired more or less, otherwise he wouldn't have reacted the way he did when he was dealing with Knull's army.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thing is...Editorial/Writer's ideas and the fans' ideas about what constitutes "huge, spectacular, important direction for the character(s...not just Storm alone) rarely ever mesh on the same page and unanimously agreed upon. There are fans who will always be disappointed, regardless, because, Fans want the character(s) to be written one way...Writers do what they are being paid to do to the best of their abilities and creative intentions...

I just go in with an open mind and very little expectations either way. If the intent is interesting (as with Marauders), I'm there to see it through. If not...I either ignore/disregard it completely (as with X-Factor) or I still see it through but waste no time and energy on weeping wailing and gnashing my teeth over it.

So far...Storm in Space sounds amazing and exciting and life changing for the character. Is there a huge chance it might not be executed flawlessly? Absolutely...but I'm there.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Ah yes! My bad, what I wanted to comment on your comment is the object which Storm held, I believe, the way it was explained, it is a cosmic object of pure light, so I can see her using it to elevate to full Godhood or something among those lines. Or she can use it to create the life on Planet X (or Mars if it is, indeed Mars).

And no, I am saying this for an N time, I do not do racism. Storm is my only favourite hero, and I am keeping it real. You can't expect to tell you that Storm can terraform an entire planet on her own, especially when the planet is Mars. She can probably do that with smaller planets, but seriously, let's be real. She is not there, yet.

Most people here, have no idea what it takes to terraform a planet from a scientific view point. Do you know how many things must be taken care of, looked into and kept in a specific balance or otherwise, the planet will die even more. Marvel is trying to keep things real, terraforming a planet is simply enormous work with too many systems and sustains that cannot be overlooked or done by one single entity. Impossible, simply impossible. She can provide 80% perhaps of the terraforming of the planet, but to terraform the entire planet on her own, she is not there. Definitely not there, yet. But she will get there, eventually.
    So a little fun fact Mars is actually smaller than the earth not the other way around. But I do get your point it is pragmatic. Eventually getting to terraform a planet is great and all and will establish her even further but I will wait till I see it till I say it. These writers have a weird lack of creativity when it comes to storm that it astounds me to my core. They will promise heaven and earth and give us mediocrity. It is soo bad that a comic where storm doesn't hit anything with lighting but uses wind or snow we applaud it as a feat. The mediocrity is just too palpable. I like the promotional cover and the big storm tease but I don't really feel the urge to celebrate until I see what they have done first.